Honored Contributor

THURSDAY BEAUTY P&R 4/26/18

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties.  Spring is here!  I always love new lipsticks at this time of year.  I hope everyone is out and about.  This is what I purchased and also reviewed.

Mederma SPF 30 - Cream for removing scars

Review - Berry Vanilla lipstick by Laura Geller. What a beautiful shade of pink.  it's a very pale, delicate pink could even be considered in the nude family of pinks.  I love it when I want my lips to just whisper color.

I placed another order for a lipstick but since i have not received it, it can wait until next week.  Please share your purchases and/or reviews.  Wishing you a wonderful weekend!  Stay Pretty, Beauties.   Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: THURSDAY BEAUTY P&R 4/26/18

I got Tangee natural lipstick and it turns a pretty rose on me.

Honored Contributor

From a Ulta last week bought & used reward points & got the Smashbox 24K Rosegold liquid eye liner & the Cover Shot Petal Metal eyeshadow palette.

All are nice shimmers w/o being glittery & the eyeliner looks great on the upper lash line. I really like this new Covershot palette.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I got the Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. It is my favorite drugstore shampoo and conditioner, and i buy it whenever there is a coupon in the newspaper or sales at my local drugstore.  

Frequent Contributor

Buxom lip gloss in Erin! It's a light pink shimmer! I love putting it over my lipstick to give little plumped effect! It's $20 but lasts a long time ! My lips are soft and I think might prevent some lines forming ! My other favorite is Kimberly it's a bright pink 

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl  Tell me more about this lipstick.  I am not familiar.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

- Younique Moodstruck Liquid Foundation - It's kinda "meh" for me.  The shade is a little "iffy" for me and I don't feel it's very long lasting.  I'll use it up but likely won't reorder.

- Beekman 1802 Flower Market soap, body butter, hand wash, fragrance mist - love the scent.  

- Serious Skincare Glycolic Pads and Serious Skincare Vitamin C Pads - I bought these during their anniversary since the value seemed so good. - the pads are very well saturated and so big that they can be cut in half and still have plenty of product.  I've only been using them a few days so I can't really say much about the effectiveness yet.  The don't cause any irritation.  They have positive reviews on HSN so I'm keeping an open mind.

- Skinn Glossticks - I bought two sets, the pinks and the wines.  Overall, I like how they feel like a gloss with more pigment but still more sheer than opaque.  The colors are very nice and I'm set with many options and can get rid of some lipsticks that I've hung onto for way too long.

- Skinn Oleo Serum (auto delivery) - I've never had good luck with facial treatment oils.  The way this is made, it keeps all the beneficial properties but removes the oily feel.  I LOVE this product.  It's a very light, almost a loose gel type consistency, and feels really good going on.  I am happy to have the benefitw without that greasy feeling.

- Skinn Pep 40 Serum (auto delivery) - another new favorite from Skinn Cosmetics.  It's packed with peptides that enhance firming.  

- Jai Silver Paw Print Ring - not really beauty, but a new acquisition this week.  I LOVE IT!  It's such nice quality and beautifully designed. 

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 The Tangee brand was created many many years ago.

The Vermont County Store has the rights to the re formulation of the original lipstick and blush.

The selling point was that ladies should look natural in their makeup, not painted.

Also, both lipstick and blush turn to your unique perfect color.

Reviews on the stores' website are interesting to read, but, for me, both work well.

A truly light hand is needed for the blush. The lipstick is sheer and the stain lasts forever.

The lipstick an almost clear color in the tube and the blush an orangey coral in the compact.

Both turn rose for me.

Be aware, the lipstick has a very old fashioned fragrance that can last a while.

If you like vintage and a connection to beauty of times gone by, you might really enjoy Tangee.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 That is the Vermont Country Store. 

Respected Contributor

Urban Decay x Kristin Leanne highlighter palette. This was on sale for $17 at Sephora, and I have not received this yet, so will keep you posted. 

Elf bronzer in Light Matte. This was $2 and there was a darker choice, but these looked dark in the pan. I just got home and swatched it and it will be good for right now, but I will get the darker color for my summer shade

Makeup Revolution concealer in the shade C4. I have C5 but was watching Emilynoel who felt about it like and did and recommended going down one shade, so I did.  It has not arrived yet, so will let ya know.

I think thats it. Have a blessed weekend. I want the new Maybelline Lemonade eyeshadow palette but it was out of stock on Ulta. .