Honored Contributor

THURSDAY BEAUTY P&R 2/8/18

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties.  Let it snow.  Finally after years of hardly any snow, the snow is coming starting Thursday night into Friday all day and on Sat.  Sorry, but I love when it snows.  Now back to beauty.  I purchased:

Josie Maran's last TSV - huge container of body butter, Argan Milk, Divine Drip and a lip moisturizer.

Share your purchases and/or reviews.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Stay Pretty, Beauties!  HeartCat Happy

P.S.  Did you know that Burt's Bees now offers:  lip treatment (overnight), lip scrub (exfoliator) and a lip mask.  I believe they are $9.00 each which is quite reasonable.  FYI

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: THURSDAY BEAUTY P&R 2/8/18

wrote:

Hi Beauties.  Let it snow.  Finally after years of hardly any snow, the snow is coming starting Thursday night into Friday all day and on Sat.  Sorry, but I love when it snows.  Now back to beauty.  I purchased:

Josie Maran's last TSV - huge container of body butter, Argan Milk, Divine Drip and a lip moisturizer.

Share your purchases and/or reviews.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Stay Pretty, Beauties!  HeartCat Happy

P.S.  Did you know that Burt's Bees now offers:  lip treatment (overnight), lip scrub (exfoliator) and a lip mask.  I believe they are $9.00 each which is quite reasonable.  FYI

@Katcat1

I just love snow too. My motto; if it's gonna be this cold let it snow!

So beautiful and comforting to watch and be all warm inside.

I'm in PA not far from QVC Smiley Happy so you can guess the weather.

We get snow. Has not been much thsi year but expescting a lot ..I can tell.

It's been terribly cold and mean though and I'm in hibernation for real.

Enjoy your TSV, I think it's a good one. And enjoy the snow!

TY for the Burts Bee's heads up...many will liek to see that price as comared to Wen's $$ lip scrub kit Smiley Wink

PS: what state are you in?

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775   Hi.  Once our snow stops it will be heading your way and it can be up to 10 inches.  I live in Illinois just outside Chicago.  We just had snow today and yesterday a couple of times.  It just keeps coming!  I want to run out tomorrow and pick up a few groceries to hibernate for the weekend.  I know when I run out of the lip exfoliator I have by FRESH (I bought 2 years ago), I will buy Burt's Bees.  Price is much better.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

wrote:

@mimi5775   Hi.  Once our snow stops it will be heading your way and it can be up to 10 inches.  I live in Illinois just outside Chicago.  We just had snow today and yesterday a couple of times.  It just keeps coming!  I want to run out tomorrow and pick up a few groceries to hibernate for the weekend.  I know when I run out of the lip exfoliator I have by FRESH (I bought 2 years ago), I will buy Burt's Bees.  Price is much better.  

@Katcat1oh my! I love the snow and had NO idea it was a coming my way!!! that MUCH?! I so enjoy though but kind now I'm kinda surprised for poor 9+ years older hubby has to deal with it. I can hibernate (still) with the new puppy and haven't been out at all lately.

BTW: I adore just love Fresh products even when no one was really in the know on beauty boards ages ago about this brand. I got a great sample that works for dry lips and smells so darn good it's unreal/effective/yummy scented Caramel lip balm in a jar [my only pet peeve] which came as a deluxe size in a Sephora order. I use their Fresh Soy m/u remover on non tough makeup days and have for years...fab! Nice seeing you mention the line. Wonder why Q doesn't have that man on anymore as a rep? and they don't talk about the Fresh product line now..I know since I watch a lot!

I love have the Fresh Advanced lip balm in the metal tube, own many in fact all over the home - gathered lots of those in deluxe sizes when they had Sephora deluxe sized w/purchases and use that all the time and the colored ones too. Tulip my fave. Will look into the Burts lip exfol. for sure.

I hope others see that you posted this about the new Burts scrub & night balm - I refuse to pay $ for a simple sugar lip scrub.. even wrote a post about that Wen one for $$$. I have Bliss brand sugar scrubs [kept in fridge] barely remember to use them - were like a give away cheap at Kohl's.

God Bless you for dealing with that weather in Chicago!

I doubt I could since wind is not my thing nor cold wind!

My niece lived there it snowed  often last year she said as I recall. Brrrrr she's now in LA working..what a change lucky littel lady she is.

Be safe now!snowcomingcat.jpg

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  I'm in the Northern Burbs of Chicago and not looking forward to my commute tomorrow morning.  The commute this past week has not been fun.  Yesterday, the tollway was a mess.  I get into my office really early so maybe it's because I was one of the first ones out....  and I only drive 15 miles each way.

Respected Contributor

Image result for winter tanning in california

Honored Contributor

We got heavy rain all day yesterday. We did need the rain.

Purchased the Lancôme Color Design single Eye Shadow in Nude Parfait shade. A nice below the brow color for me. Ulta didn’t receive the new Renergie lotion that reduces dark spots & gave me a Lancôme Visionnaire Yeux Eye Balm sample. I’ve been using it & I like it. Maybe this will replace the Renergie eye cream once I use the GWP jars first.

Purchased the Garnier Clearly Brighter Lotion with SPF 30. I had purchased before & use this as my moisturizer/sunscreen when I am outdoors gardening. I like that it is in a pump bottle. Sometimes I take what is left of a sunscreen tube & put it into an empty bottle of this brand. The pump bottle doesn’t leak during travel as you have to turn the top to make the solution come out when you press down on the top. That feature alone is worth it to me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1. I think those 2 big snows in NC in Jan. were enough for me!

I purchased:

Urban Decay’s Naked Ultimate Basics Shadow 

Palette....all matte shadows and neutrals.

Skinceuticals Renew Overnight Moisturizer

I tossed my Philosophy Microdelivery Wash. I’ve had it for a year and wasn’t using it anymore....found it too irritating. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I had the philosophy Microdelivey for about a year and it turned to soup.  It was a liquidy mess.  I use my Leaflet to exfoliate now.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I purchased NYX The go-to Palette (Highlight/blush/countour/eyeshadows). It was on clearance at my local Target for on $5. And I just can't pass up a good make-up sale.

I have not used it yet.

But I did finally get to try the Physician's Formula Shimmering Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kit (2 eyeliners, one eye shadow pallette, and one double-ended mascara).  I also got it on clreance at Target a while back. (Like I said, I have a weakness for clearance makeups).  I like the liners and the mascara. The eyeshadow pallette is not pigmented at all.  I had to use my fingers to get enough pigment on my eyelids. But it is fine, since the eyeliners alone is worth the price I paid for the whole kit.

Enjoy your snow days for you beauties who are in the snow zone!