Honored Contributor

Happy February, Beauties.  I did not purchase any beauty this week but I will review one product.

Aveda botanical kinetics energizing eye cream -  I received a sample of this and I normally never use eye creams but this one is excellent.  It's on the thicker side so you don't need much and it is hydrating and I felt it was brightening.  If you purchase, it would probably last over a year.

Valentine Beauties share your purchases and/or reviews and enjoy the upcoming weekend.  We are getting snow this weekend in Chicago land.  Stay Pretty, Beauties.  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: THURSDAY BEAUTY P&R 2/1/18

My favorite thing that I bought recently is the Lid Lingerie by Nyx. I got the color Whimsy which is a deeper pink.

It's in a tube with a doe foot applicator.

I used my Mac 252 brush & got the color off of the applicator, Started at my lash line & blended it up.

It set fairly quickly, but I did get it blended.

Beautiful. Glowy, but not glittery. Almost more of a metallic finish, but not too much for my older eye lids.

$6.99 full price.

And, now I want all of the colors!

Honored Contributor

I ordered the Kat Von D glimmer veil lipstick in Starflyer that was released today. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

wrote:

My favorite thing that I bought recently is the Lid Lingerie by Nyx. I got the color Whimsy which is a deeper pink.

It's in a tube with a doe foot applicator.

I used my Mac 252 brush & got the color off of the applicator, Started at my lash line & blended it up.

It set fairly quickly, but I did get it blended.

Beautiful. Glowy, but not glittery. Almost more of a metallic finish, but not too much for my older eye lids.

$6.99 full price.

And, now I want all of the colors!

@Dusty1  I’ve been wanting to try some of these type eyeshadows. Colourpop and WetnWild have a few colors, but I’ve seen reviews that the WetnWild ones flaked off after a few hours. 

How was the wear on the NYX one? I’m gonna wait to see what you say and then decide. I hate to pay the price for the Stila brand. TIA

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I’ve been loving the ELF Daily Cleanser so I order from their website. Also ordered one of their Aqua Beauty eyeshadow palette in Cool Mist. All 6 shades are shimmer/metallic but beautiful and very pigmented. 

I ordered the Colourpop blush in the shade Weirdo. It’s a beautiful mauve color and a highlighter in the shade Flexitarian. Wow! That’s my first impression. I also ordered the bronzer Private Party in a separate order and a Super Shock shadow in the shade Frog. 

Essence mascara in the black tube with mint green writing. It’s like $5 and so good. I don’t know why I try anything else. 

Ive got to play with the Anastasia BH eyeshadow palette in Subculture. I like the shades and they blend very well. 

Today at Walmart I picked up a L’Oréal Lumi bronzer in light. They were sold out in the medium shade, but I think the light will be fine for a winter shade. The pan size is huge. There is a little bit of overspray on the top of this bronzer, but once I got past that when swatching it was fine. It’s not completely matte, but just a small amount of sheen. It’s not that noticeable. I will play with it and let ya know. 

I think that’s it. I did order the BECCA TSV but cancelled it as I just read too many not so good reviews on other sites. 

Oh, I almost forgot. I did order a Milani lip oil in Lemon/Honey and it’s wonder. Loving it! 

Have a a blessed weekend girls! 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan  I've worn my Lid Lingerie twice & I love it.

The first time I wore it by itself. It wore great all day. No flaking. No creasing. No fading.

I wore it yesterday & added some powder shadows over it & it worked fine, too.

I didn't use primer under it either day.

It could be a thing where not all of the colors work the same (I have had that happen with products), but Whimsy is my new favorite thing.

I will try some other colors.

Respected Contributor

@Dusty1  Okay, thank you! I will check these out. 

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1   What do you think of the NYX line?  The beauty salon I go to recently put the whole line in their salon.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 I've tried some of their things through the years. 

I haven't loved much that I have tried.

I don't really do lips & it seems like people do like their lip products.

I love their Shadow Primer in the pots in white matte or white pearl. I tried the beige & the black, but they had a different consistancy & I didn't care for them.

The thin, twist up, eyebrow pencil is really nice & has a nice selection of shades.

So, the Lid Lingerie is the first thing I have tried from them in a while.