Valued Contributor

Doesn't bother me if someone shaves their pits or not. What I don't get is most women shave their pits and legs but not their arms. I like not having hairy arms just like I don't like hairy legs or pits on myself. I think hairy arms look good on men only.

Respected Contributor
I find that deodorant/antiperspirant is more effective when there isn't hair to compete with the skin access of the product. I find men have the same issue if they don't really use a gel product to get down to the skin and work. I sweat loads, so natural products and not shaving are not options for me.
Valued Contributor

Having lived my whole life in the American culture, I admit I do not find these pictures attractive.  I would never sport that look myself.  I use an epilator to get rid of unwanted hair.

That said, I am troubled with all of the rules we put on women in our society:

Shave your legs.

Use a self tanner.

Cover imperfections with a good concealer.

Cover those gray hairs / gray roots!

Plump up those wrinkles.

For heavens sakes, wear some shapewear!

I could go on, but you get the point.  While I do usually play by the rules most of the time, I try not to be critical of those  who don't allow society to dictate to them what they "have" to do (as far as beauty.)

By the way, I am also disgusted when I see MEN walking around in sleeveless tanks with their hairy pits hanging out. 

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

Having lived my whole life in the American culture, I admit I do not find these pictures attractive.  I would never sport that look myself.  I use an epilator to get rid of unwanted hair.

That said, I am troubled with all of the rules we put on women in our society:

Shave your legs.

Use a self tanner.

Cover imperfections with a good concealer.

Cover those gray hairs / gray roots!

Plump up those wrinkles.

For heavens sakes, wear some shapewear!

I could go on, but you get the point.  While I do usually play by the rules most of the time, I try not to be critical of those  who don't allow society to dictate to them what they "have" to do (as far as beauty.)

By the way, I am also disgusted when I see MEN walking around in sleeveless tanks with their hairy pits hanging out. 

Men don't have a set of rules.  Hair under arms and on the chest & legs is expected.  IN the US for women it's different.  They are expected to shave arms, legs, underarm.  Everything but pubic hair. Even that is trimmed for bathing suit ware.  But it's not shaved off.  I don't necessarily follow the rules either.  I have never in my life ever worn any kind shapeware.  I don't need too .  I keep pretty fit. Plus I have skinny hips and a small bum.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with shiraz.it is gross to see a man with really hairy arms and wearing a tank with really hairy arm pits.....................especially when they are serving food.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

@catlover

When in the heck were you ever served food by a hairy armed man wearing a tank?  Girl, I think I would have liked to have seen that.  I love a hairy man.

Honored Contributor

I've never liked the "look".... and when I see pit hair I imagine the person stinks... sorry...  Woman Tongue

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Guys can be handsome, too, even if they don't shave. Some guys shave off all the hair on their body. Then there are some guys who shave off all the hair off their body except for their chest. Then there are some guys who don't shave at all. Either way, they're pretty handsome.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder