Honored Contributor

Embedded image permalinkSOPHIA LOREN

Embedded image permalinkJULIA ROBERTSEmbedded image permalink

LISA BONET

Embedded image permalinkDIA BIRKETT

Embedded image permalinkMADONNA

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

This is DISGUSTING.....I can't imagine having hairy armpits...ugh...

Valued Contributor

Haha! I agree with you. In mainland Europe it's very much accepted I think, in other parts of the world as well. 

My family is in the UK and we have all shaved. We are all so fair skinned, it probably wouldn't show up anyway!

Some women AND men find it sexy. I just find it icky😮 But, each to his own. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

And yet these same women probably have other parts of their bodies (down south) shaved.  How this became popular is beyond me. 

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Honored Contributor

Those are old pictures........I remember in the 90's hairy armpits were popular...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Boy!  That Lisa Bonet can grow some hair!  Whoa!  I've got like 3 strands of hair on my head (thyroid).  I looked at that mess on her pits and wondered if she'd be willing to let it grow out so I could trim it, use it for hair plugs!

Ever wonder why we all feel grossed out when we see hair other than on our head?

Esteemed Contributor

I have ZERO hair under my arms, which I attribute to using an epilator followed by extra strength antiperspirant for several years. And, yes, I love being hairless there. It's MY preference.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with or ugly about underarm hair. It's just a cultural thing, not really accepted in "our" culture. To each his own. I wouldn't put my nose in that piece of anybody else's business.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: THIS IS NOT BEAUTIFUL

[ Edited ]

That's by your personal and American standards, OP.

It's no biggie in many places in Europe and other areas.

I wouldn't deliberately sport it myself though, especially since too much armpit hair (on most people) causes more persipration and natural bacteria to smell.

Interestingly, some cultures deal with body hair and body odor in a more positive way.

(edited for typos)

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit wrote:

Haha! I agree with you. In mainland Europe it's very much accepted I think, in other parts of the world as well. 

My family is in the UK and we have all shaved. We are all so fair skinned, it probably wouldn't show up anyway!

Some women AND men find it sexy. I just find it icky😮 But, each to his own. 

But, very-fair skin (like you and I have) is no match for darker-colored hair everywhere (me, LOL), even with grays/whites mixed in.    Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

It's beautiful after it's dyed pink or green Woman Wink