Respected Contributor

Re: THE SCENT SEARCH MAY BE OVER !!!!!!

@Funloving

The long-time discontinued perfume by FENDI is "Theorema".  If this is the perfume you still have, it is worth something.  Before Christmas, I saw that a seller had one bottle left and it was approx. $399 !!!!   I have worn this scent for years and am down to my last half-bottle:  I will not spend that kind of money though !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@ItsME

Thank you for posting this.  I am always on the look out for something light that does not beat you over the head!!!  LOL! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

That's incredible that you posted this!  I, believe it or not, have smelled the scratch samples in the Avon book for a while now (of course, it's hard to tell what a perfume really smells like from these), but I keep saying --- I think I would really like this one!!!  I keep talking myself out of it but now that you have described it and praised it, I might just jump on it!!!  It seemed really different and light to me also!!!  Thanks so much for writing about this.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@suzyQ3

That's incredible that you posted this!  I, believe it or not, have smelled the scratch samples in the Avon book for a while now (of course, it's hard to tell what a perfume really smells like from these), but I keep saying --- I think I would really like this one!!!  I keep talking myself out of it but now that you have described it and praised it, I might just jump on it!!!  It seemed really different and light to me also!!!  Thanks so much for writing about this.  

It might just be worth a try, then, @AngelPuppy1. It certainly won't break the bank, that's for sure.

ETA: I actually did buy my bottle on Avon.com. I think it was one of those deals where you bought one and got one free or for half price. One advantage to buying from them is that you know it will be fresh stock. But you could also find a top-rated seller on eBay who mostly sells Avon (probably a dealer) and check with him or her about the freshness.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

pacifica mediterrian fig is amazing

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

I buy quite a bit from Avon and have a local agent, so if I don't like something or there is a problem, it's convenient.  I don't buy from Ebay.  For some reason, I'm no comfortable with it.  

Next brochure I might purchase if the price is right!!  

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz

I bought a Blood Orange scent from them once and it wasn't bad!! I might have to try this one!!  

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

These all sound so nice.  I am looking for something light and not heady.  I get a headache and allergies from the strong ones.

I am looking for something that reminds me of breath of fresh air, with a touch of light field flowers.  Not overly sweet but with the floral influence.  Any other suggestions? 

Thanks! 

I'm bit of a perfume person, and believe it or not, one of the most enjoyable, wearable floral fragrances is Avon Today. And you can't beat the price. You can buy it on their site but probably for much less on eBay. I have many scents, and this one is truly different than what everybody and her mother is wearing out there. Fresh, floral, and not heady or overly sweet. It has excellent reviews.

ETA: Avon Today (not to be confused with all the Avon flankers that followed that have "Today" in their title) is described by fragrantica as a floral woody musk scent.

Here is their description:

Today is the first fragrance in Avon’s trilogy of love. The face of Today’s ad campaign is Salma Hayek. The fragrance includes exotic tropical florals including strelitzia, also known as bird of paradise, and butterfly bush. The composition starts with the refreshing notes of freesia and cactus sap, while the note of white pepper ads some drama to this melody. Exotic flowers smell like honey. Base note includes sandalwood, cedar, velvety musky notes with a splash of rose water. Perfume was launched in 2004. It also won a 2005 FiFi award.

This perfume is on sale right now - buy one for $ 30.00 and get one free of a select number of perfumes at equal or lesser value.  I ordered the Today and the Forever. Thanks for the recommendation !! 

Respected Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

I'm allergic to most everything fragrance related.  I get migranes and asthsma attacks.  The only one in my arsenol is the original Burberry fragrance.  Some call it "classic," but the bottle doesn't say classic.  It's an oval bottle.  

I LOVE this fragrance. It's my winter scent. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@marky wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

These all sound so nice.  I am looking for something light and not heady.  I get a headache and allergies from the strong ones.

I am looking for something that reminds me of breath of fresh air, with a touch of light field flowers.  Not overly sweet but with the floral influence.  Any other suggestions? 

Thanks! 

I'm bit of a perfume person, and believe it or not, one of the most enjoyable, wearable floral fragrances is Avon Today. And you can't beat the price. You can buy it on their site but probably for much less on eBay. I have many scents, and this one is truly different than what everybody and her mother is wearing out there. Fresh, floral, and not heady or overly sweet. It has excellent reviews.

ETA: Avon Today (not to be confused with all the Avon flankers that followed that have "Today" in their title) is described by fragrantica as a floral woody musk scent.

Here is their description:

Today is the first fragrance in Avon’s trilogy of love. The face of Today’s ad campaign is Salma Hayek. The fragrance includes exotic tropical florals including strelitzia, also known as bird of paradise, and butterfly bush. The composition starts with the refreshing notes of freesia and cactus sap, while the note of white pepper ads some drama to this melody. Exotic flowers smell like honey. Base note includes sandalwood, cedar, velvety musky notes with a splash of rose water. Perfume was launched in 2004. It also won a 2005 FiFi award.

This perfume is on sale right now - buy one for $ 30.00 and get one free of a select number of perfumes at equal or lesser value.  I ordered the Today and the Forever. Thanks for the recommendation !! 

I hope it works for you, @marky. If not, I think they have a decent return policy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland