Honored Contributor

Last night on Friday Night Beauty, they had the Perfector w/ interchangeable barrels. Short/Med. & Med./Long.

My hair is almost chin length and layered, but would only use this gadget when wanted to wear my hair smooth (by the way, growing out top layers to bob style).

Which do I order? Feared the short one would make curls which I have naturally.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  If you have thick hair you will have luck with this gadget.  I have short hair and own the 1/2 in.  and I would have to hold the darn thing for 5 minutes before I would get a curl you get from a roller.  Yes, I can run it through for a wavy look but that's about it.  Not worth the money IMO.  If your hair is going to be one length I don't think you have a need for this product.  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  If you have thick hair you will have luck with this gadget.  I have short hair and own the 1/2 in.  and I would have to hold the darn thing for 5 minutes before I would get a curl you get from a roller.  Yes, I can run it through for a wavy look but that's about it.  Not worth the money IMO.  If your hair is going to be one length I don't think you have a need for this product.  Cat Wink

@Katcat1  Just read the reviews which I usually do first. Bad comments. Thanks, but I’ll pass. Guess you weren’t thrilled w/ it either.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PERFECTOR...

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I think the med/long would be your best bet for smoothing.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus  I think the med/long would be your best bet.

@SeaMaiden  Bad reviews. I passed. Thanks, though.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PERFECTOR...

[ Edited ]

If you don't want curls then get the larger barrel. I own the Perfecter in the 1-1/2 inch size and I use it mostly for smoothing my long hair. I can also use it to create a slight flip on my ends...not curl but flip.

Mine is not the interchangeable one, which I have read bad reviews about that one. @Shanus

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I bought the larger barrel perfector several years ago....it is my go to appliance when I want to smooth my hair which now is past my shoulders. It works very well.  I have  silver white hair and it does not burn it or yellow it.  I have never had any issues with break down or anything.

Honored Contributor

I love my Perfecter. Saves me a lot of time to get my hair looking great. If I didn't have it then I would have to blow dry with a round brush. Then use a flat iron to get it to look smooth. Too much work!  I'm so happy to just dry my hair whatever which way then smooth it out with the Perfecter. Looks like have a nice blow-out when I'm done.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Used mine once--you can have it!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I also own the Perfector and it sits in the pile of heat styling purchases that are a fail.  Since my hair barely touches my shoulder I got the larger barrel.  My biggest issue was it seemed to make my hair start to fall out after a month. Not having model hair and natural curls it did not do what was happening on screen.  It was less heat and trouble to do one pass with my best Chi iron. The large probably would not give you any volume and make your hair to straight.