Valued Contributor

I ordered Matrixyl, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc, and the AHA 30% + BHA 2% during the sale before Christmas on Decium’s website.  I love all three!

*The Matrixyl has a smoothing plumping effect that makes my skin glow. (I use it morning and night)

*The Niacinamide has helped to brighten my skin and fade discoloration.  I think it has also helped make me less oily - - even after age 50, I still get oily.  (I am using it morning and night)

*The AHA 30% is very strong.  I only use it once a week (and wash it off after 10 minutes).  I use it at night, and the next morning flakey patches are gone.  It is amazing how well my makeup glides onto my skin.

I am thinking of trying the other products from this line.  Does anyone have recommendations of things you have used and seem to work??

Honored Contributor

Effective and cruelty free...win=win.

Honored Contributor

I too love their Niacinamide and use it along with their Caffeine Eye Serum-love this!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I just started using their vitamin c powder.  It was only $6!  Same thing Philosophy sells for $40.  It seems good so far.

Valued Contributor

I have been using The Ordinary since it began. Stuck with them through the very bumpy ride with the founder.  I use the Buffet every morning   I use the Caffeine Solution most mornings under my eyes.....puffiness is gone in 30 min..  I use the powdered Vit C....mix a small amt into my Paula's Choice moisturizer.  What a cost savings that powdered vit c is compared to the wet solutions that oxidize before you can use it up!  And YOU control the strength.  I use the Aguiraline around my eyes every day.  I keep a bottle of their Argon Oil  for days when I need more hydration.  It takes such a small amt I think this bottle will last a year!  I have the AHA/BHA solution but it is very strong, so I use it mixed with my Paula's Choice BHA.  The cost point is amazing.  I can buy ALL of these products for less than the cost of one product from a  high end company line.  I have read that the products have been tested and do provide exactly what they say they do.  They are less $ because they don't invest in packaging and advertisement.  I am concerned that it will change now that it has been purchased by Este Lauder (I   believe that is who bought them).  

Honored Contributor

@Retiredpsych   I always admired the ethics and intention of this company despite the "bumpy road" and just never got around to ordering.  Now that EL has purchased, I'm not so sure I want to even with your inspiring post.  No more cruelty-free and EL just does not fit the vision of this company.  I really would have liked to purchase from this company and I hope, for your well-being, that the status quo remains.  Very few companies with this business model and quality/price point.

Respected Contributor

I also use The Buffet serum and the Lactic Acid 10% +HA.  

Frequent Contributor

I have been using products fromTO since they began. I also enjoy other brands from Deciem. Hylamide is a mid-level range and NIOD is a higher priced line. The other lines offer more complete serums than TO. I just pick and choose depending upon my budget at the time! 
Estée Lauder has a minority holding in TO. They do not own the company at this time. I haven't seen any change in quality since EL bought into the company approximately two years ago. I don't think anyone should hesitate to order something. It is such a cost savings! I truly have enjoyed all of the many products I have tried.