Honored Contributor

Re: THE ORDINARY VITAMIN C SERUM

@Shanus    I never felt any vitamin C serum did anything, especially for me.  I actually do better if I take vitamin C orally.  I hope it works out for you.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Shanus, I've been trying to use The Ordinary Vit. C but it is so gritty feeling. Have you noticed this? I earlier tried Timeless Vit.C that Hot and Flashy loves but it had an odd smell and, if I'm recalling correctly, it was very sticky or something. Anyway, I'm finding Vit. C a bit hard to use faithfully at this point. Maybe it's just not for me.  

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped   Gritty? Hmmm, haven't found that. Are you exfoliating? You may have some dry patches that are being peeled off and mixing w/ the serum. That's a mystery to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus    I never felt any vitamin C serum did anything, especially for me.  I actually do better if I take vitamin C orally.  I hope it works out for you.

@Katcat1 I supplement with Vitamin C too.  I've used a Vitamin C serum for years but wonder if it's really necessary or overkill.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The reason why I use a VC serum is for it's antioxidant protection especially under sunscreen where the VC neutralizes the free radicals caused from UV light. It's those free radicals which cause premature aging and robs the skin of a healthy environment called oxidative stress.

Respected Contributor

Hey @Shanus, No, it is in the product and it's gritty. There are several reviews stating the same about it. I noticed on ULTA there are two Vit. C products by The Ordinary so maybe that's it. The one I'm using is this one which has 23% suspension + 2% HA spheres. 

The Ordinary

The other one has a 30% suspension in silicone.

The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone

I really don't no beans about them but I think I bought the first one cause it was lessor in strength and I was afraid of irritation, plus it was cheaper. Ha! Probably should have gotten the later one. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I have tried The Ordinary C, also Timeless, and now I'm using Dr.Brenner.  I never see anything improve,  my skin always always looks the same, and I still have a couple of light sun spots that never go away, so I really don't know what C Serums are doing for me.  I just use it because it's supposed to help.  As for The Ordinary line, I tried several products and im not impressed.   I'm liking Dr.Brenner right now, the C serum and the hyaluronic serum.