Honored Contributor

Re: THE ORDINARY - Any Recommendations?

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@JudyL  I use it just once a day since my eyebrows respond a little too well to serums- if I use eyebrow serums twice a day they go from glam Brooke Shields style bushy brows to unruly Oscar the Grouch eyebrows Smiley LOL.  I think a lot of people use the serum twice a day, but I don't want to have too much of a good thing Smiley Happy

@SportyShorty07  - LOLOL thank you!  I don't have that problem so will try twice a day and see what happens.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL  No problem Smiley Wink! I think twice a day should work for you and many people who try it out and if you end up getting the Oscar the Grouch brows, you can trim them back with little nail scissors- I just rolled with mine for a while since I didn't know that trimming eyebrows was a thing.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I've never applied it in the morning so I can't answer that question.  Sorry

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

since I didn't know that trimming eyebrows was a thing.  

Sure it is.  I guess it's not anything one would think of until/unless they needed to do it.  I use a spoolie to brush my brows UP, and trim them with a pair of small scissors (found in the HBA section at WM).  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  I never thought to use a spooly brush while trimming my eyebrows- thank you for yet another fantastic beauty tip! Smiley HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

You're welcome.  It also helps to have a little product on them that will keep them standing up while trimming.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  In terms of product to get the brows to stand while trimming, should I use clear mascara or should I get a little tin of brow wax? Also, are you enjoying your stunning Hour Glass owl palette? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

Either one of those products should work.  

I am SOOO enjoying my stunning Hourglass Owl palette.  

A very light dusting of the face powders gives my complexion a 

blurred filtered effect.  Highlighter is gorgeous as are the blushes.

I don't see myself using the bronzer.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  I'll try the clear mascara on the brows for my next trimming, thank you for the tips! I'm so glad that you're enjoying your Hourglass Owl palette- such beautiful packaging and stunning shades within the palette.  I bet you look fantastic in your Hourglass makeup looks! I wore some MAC pink lip gloss as a topper over my pink lipstick today and thought, "Monicakm would approve of this lip makeup look!" Smiley Very Happy Also, have you ever tried Natasha Denona's Duo Chrome Shimmer Highlighter Blush in the color "Rayo"? It is a gorgeous powder highlighter blush topper that's a super pretty pearlescent pink- it makes me feel like a pretty Miss America pageant contestant when I wear it! Smiley Very Happy

Web capture_27-10-2023_232110_natashadenona.com.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

"Monicakm would approve of this lip makeup look!"

Oh I know I would!  It sounds stunning (and pink is our color).  It just brightens up a complexion.

Natasha Denona's Duo Chrome Shimmer Highlighter Blush in the color "Rayo"?

I have not but it looks beautiful and I bet you look beautiful wearing it.  I looked for it on Sephora but they don't have it Smiley Sad  Did you order it from her website?