Honored Contributor

Re: THE ONLY BEAUTY TIPS THAT MATTER | Nikol Johnson

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

We sure do.  And she does come off a little pushy sometimes to me but I think it's more of a confidence that seems over the top to me.  I just look over it and enjoy the content.  Sometimes I don't enjoy the content like when the topic is gray hair.  

@monicakm   I'm fairly sure she began her channel to help others as she also was transitioning to grey hair. Although she is a MUA and has the studio and developing new beauty products, she does do many videos on caring for grey hair, styling, products to use, etc. That's why I began following. I bet most of her followers started because of the grey hair content.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

...she began her channel to help others as she also was transitioning to grey hair.

I know but I don't have gray hair (that shows).  I just can't wrap my head around the idea Smiley Surprised  My mother, at nearly 83, still colors her hair but it's blond and when my grandmother died at 89 she was still having her hair colored about the same color as mine, Feria Espresso.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Grey hair is not for everyone. It's a choice. I'm pleased I did it and not in the salon for color every 3 weeks. To each their own, right?

Honored Contributor

I've done salon color and found that it didn't last any longer than what I could do at home.  I know they can do a better job (highlights and lowlights) but I also  have a problem sitting that long due to decades long lower back problems.  Then there is the $80 price, and I'm sure it's more like $120 now, vs the $9 for Feria Smiley Happy  And yes, to each their own.

Respected Contributor

I do not care for dark brows with grey hair.

nikol johnson, no limits, nikol cosmetics, fresh beauty studio, gray hair,  silver hair, white hair - Fresh Beauty Studio

I prefer a lighter brow. No, this is not me.

image of woman with light gray eyebrows

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee 

I don't think everyone can pull it off but I like it on Nikol.  It's her signature (Greek) look and she gets blasted every day for her choice of full, dark brows.  

Honored Contributor

My husband just walked in and wanted to know who that was on my screen (Nikol).  He liked her hair color and style.  I asked what he thought of her eyebrows.  He said "it works for her, they say 'pow'" lol.  He approved.

Respected Contributor

I have watched some of her You Tube videos. Like any advice I take some and leave some. On YT sometimes the fast forward is wonderful. With her I would pay attention if she has one on growing thick hair!  Of course it could be heredity as much as hair care. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus    Grey is a color too!!  Don't know why some are so against it.   And of course my hair is grey.   I keep it pixie short.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@Shanus    Grey is a color too!!  Don't know why some are so against it.   And of course my hair is grey.   I keep it pixie short.

@Junebug54   Apologies to you and back at me, too. Grey, silver or white, they are all colors. Pixie here, too, but growing some length for winter and then very short again for spring.