Trusted Contributor

Re: THE ONLY BEAUTY TIPS THAT MATTER | Nikol Johnson

@Shanus   I was just funning you.no apologies necessary.  I read your thread about skin care and make up... Very interesting.    I learned a few things.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@monicakm   Grey hair is not for everyone. It's a choice. I'm pleased I did it and not in the salon for color every 3 weeks. To each their own, right?

Every six weeks for me, and I need a trim at that point anyway.  The coloring takes an additional 20-30 minutes, and I get to relax and read my book.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Iwantcoffee 

I don't think everyone can pull it off but I like it on Nikol.  It's her signature (Greek) look and she gets blasted every day for her choice of full, dark brows.  

Yes, I think the brows look great on her, because they are her natural color.  

with my pale skin and features, I can't go darker than a taupe shade on my brows, but I appreciate dark brows on others. 

Honored Contributor

@september  I think I could have done every 6 six weeks. I was completely silver/white/ grey in early 30's, partially grey began at 20's. As a brunette, that skunk strip sparkled in the light after a week and I "suffered" 2 more weeks.

I always wore my hair very short (petite w/ a small face (wear chidren's glasses frames and order child's masks from Amamzon), so short pixies suited me better than my long, fluffy natural curls. I did grow it out to a curly bob during covid, no choice, and it was easy, wash and wear right out of the shower, but soon overtook my face. As soon as salons opened, I made an appointment to cut it all off. When my hair is very short, it's also straight. It needs about about 2" to form a full curl.

I get it trimmed every 6 weeks, too. I enjoy my time since my salon has a espresso machine and they'll bring you a cappuccino or whatever for free. I'm sure it's not really at no charge...it's built into the cost of my service. Lol

Honored Contributor

@september  My brows were very thick and dark (Brooke Shield brows). Ok when my hair was dark even with my fair skin, but when I went all grey, it did look a bit weird. I lighten them by coloring them taupe/blond (has bleach) w/ Just For Men Mustache dye. Caution: whatever color on the box, it comes out at least 2 shades darker, so mine are medium brown using those shades. The plus is it also dyes the few grey hairs in my brows.