Honored Contributor

THE ONLY BEAUTY TIPS THAT MATTER | Nikol Johnson

YT Video by Nikol Johnson.  Just copy and paste the title into YT

THE ONLY BEAUTY TIPS THAT MATTER | Nikol Johnson

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE ONLY BEAUTY TIPS THAT MATTER | Nikol Johnson

I watched the video, and agree with some of it. You do need to cleanse before bedtime, it's just common sense. Everyone should know that. 

Color corrector is needed along with concealer for darkness under the eyes. I can understand that. 

Vitamin C and retin depends on the individual. Other you tubers and dermatologists say it's not necessary in all cases. 

Eyelash curlers and voluminizing mascara; not needed for everyone. Again, it's an individual  choice. 

I didn't agree with everything she said. Maybe that's why I don't follow her much. The video was interesting, though.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I think (part) of the point she was making about cleansing is many seem to think it's ok to cleanse with a makeup wipe.  Hopefully everyone here knows better than to do that.  Not only will it not get off everything but it leaves ingredients on your face that is not good for it.

I don't need a color corrector and really no longer need a concealer but still use one (concealer) most of the time anyway.  

I do like to use Vit C but don't do Retin A.  I use a Retinol tho.

False lashes and have never once looked back.

I don't agree with everything anyone says but I'll still watch and take what is useful to me.  I agreed with 99% of everything Mel Thompson said but I couldn't get onboard with all the powder she used.  Looked great on her tho Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I watched the video, and agree with some of it. You do need to cleanse before bedtime, it's just common sense. Everyone should know that. 

Color corrector is needed along with concealer for darkness under the eyes. I can understand that. 

Vitamin C and retin depends on the individual. Other you tubers and dermatologists say it's not necessary in all cases. 

Eyelash curlers and voluminizing mascara; not needed for everyone. Again, it's an individual  choice. 

I didn't agree with everything she said. Maybe that's why I don't follow her much. The video was interesting, though.

@teganslaw   I stopped following her awhile ago when I realized she was promoting her own line of cosmetics 90% of the time. I started following her for her views on grey hair, but her channel quickly changed. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - thanks for posting about this.  Was on YT earlier and saw it but haven't watched it yet.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

It's a shame that you can't watch someone because they talk about their own products.  She has a lot to offer that has nothing to do with her line.

So if anyone develops their own line of merch, you stop watching?  I'm intelligent enough to a) ignore if I want to or b) fast forward.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

It's a shame that you can't watch someone because they talk about their own products.  She has a lot to offer that has nothing to do with her line.

So if anyone develops their own line of merch, you stop watching?  I'm intelligent enough to a) ignore if I want to or b) fast forward.

@monicakm   Of course not. She just seems more pushy at times. I love watching Lisa J who has brush sets, lip products, but still manages to cover other lines of makeup and products. We all have our likes and dislikes, right?

Honored Contributor

One person does not know it all.  Differences make the world go round.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

We sure do.  And she does come off a little pushy sometimes to me but I think it's more of a confidence that seems over the top to me.  I just look over it and enjoy the content.  Sometimes I don't enjoy the content like when the topic is gray hair.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

We sure do.  And she does come off a little pushy sometimes to me but I think it's more of a confidence that seems over the top to me.  I just look over it and enjoy the content.  Sometimes I don't enjoy the content like when the topic is gray hair.  

😉 yes, I too skip over the gray hair info/products, but for those that like it, enjoy! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri