Super Contributor

Re: THE GREAT NECK CREAM DEBATE

Bump!

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 Blondelle said:

The Equate version of the Strivectin-TL Neck Tighteniong Cream is awesome!!! This really surprised me as the real one didn't do anything for me, but a review there said this is better and it is. The Sub-D did nothing as did many others. This is the only one that really worked. I have three tests so I know I'm not imagining it. I take my index finger and run it horizontally under my chin and much less skin puddles on the other side than before. The second is to take the same finger and place it at the angle where the neck meets the chin and then push it forward. Much less skin under the chin there too. The third one is to use light coming from one side as I turn off the bathroom light and just have it come in from the hall. I can see then that bit of loose skin that shows up more. It's MUCH less than it was before. I never thought a cream could do that but it did. I also use it on the jawline as it says to do.

It comes in a 1.7 oz. good weight jar with a spatula for all of $19.99. The texture is smoother and absorbs better than the real one and the lemony scent is nicer too. I also bought their Equate copy of the Strivectin-SD eye treatment as that's awesome too. I had the real Strivectin-TL eye and that didn't do much. I didn't want to waste it so I'm using that in the morning and the SD copy at night but when the other runs out, I'm just using the SD version as it's so much better. My dark circles are 75% improved in about a month and the bags and lines under my eyes are better in about a month. Great ingredient deck and all of $13 and change for 1 oz. Comes in a tube with a long nozzle.

I also tried their copy of the Clinique dark spot treatment, and it's fading the brown spots on my chest nicely. I don't know if they are sold outside of Walmart, but they are on their site online at about $16 or so for 1 oz. I'm a snob about these things and always wanted the original, but these are awesome!

I find it very interesting that the Equate version works better than Strivectin. I have other Equate products, and consider it the top "generic" brand around! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 6/1/2014 BeckiWV said:

I have used many neck creams, just about every one mentioned in this thread, including Nectifirm, Strivectin, Diane Young, Bare Minerals, Time Bomb, M. Asam, Perlier, Serious Skin Care Reverse Lift and Serious Skin Care Chin Up, SCA Platinum, Elysee, Isomers, Alegenist, Olay, etc., plus a whole more. Most were "one and done" for me.

I do use the whole jar too before moving on, I don't just use it for a couple of days and decide it doesn't work. I give things a fair chance.

I have also used botox for the neck. I love it for the crow's feet and 11's but it did nothing for my neck. I won't get it there again.

All that said, I really like Skinn Chin Up in the blue bottle and have purchased it multiple times, which is amazing for me. I also use and like Perricone Sub-D for the neck, as well as Perricone Neuropeptide cream (the original formula, not the newer one for night time).

I too also really like Avon Dramatic Firming Cream. Price is not everything. I found it recently at an Avon Store in a mall.

I sometime alternate these or just layer them all. Smiley Happy

I use retin-a on my neck too and have for years.

The most important neck cream to add, IMO, is a good sunscreen every day, winter and summer, rain or shine.

I'm considering getting the NuFace mini microcurrent machine. Does anyone think it really helps the jawline???

Does the Avon cream mentioned above have a strong scent? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Funloving said:

I had to change servers. FireFox is totally wonky this morning.

It's Dr. Brandt Firming Neck Cream.

I must have liked it a lot. Out of the few neck creams I've purchased in the past, this one I finished to the last drop & tossed the empty jar.

Thanks for the recommendation! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

On 6/7/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

The Equate version of the Strivectin-TL Neck Tighteniong Cream is awesome!!! This really surprised me as the real one didn't do anything for me, but a review there said this is better and it is. The Sub-D did nothing as did many others. This is the only one that really worked. I have three tests so I know I'm not imagining it. I take my index finger and run it horizontally under my chin and much less skin puddles on the other side than before. The second is to take the same finger and place it at the angle where the neck meets the chin and then push it forward. Much less skin under the chin there too. The third one is to use light coming from one side as I turn off the bathroom light and just have it come in from the hall. I can see then that bit of loose skin that shows up more. It's MUCH less than it was before. I never thought a cream could do that but it did. I also use it on the jawline as it says to do.

It comes in a 1.7 oz. good weight jar with a spatula for all of $19.99. The texture is smoother and absorbs better than the real one and the lemony scent is nicer too. I also bought their Equate copy of the Strivectin-SD eye treatment as that's awesome too. I had the real Strivectin-TL eye and that didn't do much. I didn't want to waste it so I'm using that in the morning and the SD copy at night but when the other runs out, I'm just using the SD version as it's so much better. My dark circles are 75% improved in about a month and the bags and lines under my eyes are better in about a month. Great ingredient deck and all of $13 and change for 1 oz. Comes in a tube with a long nozzle.

I also tried their copy of the Clinique dark spot treatment, and it's fading the brown spots on my chest nicely. I don't know if they are sold outside of Walmart, but they are on their site online at about $16 or so for 1 oz. I'm a snob about these things and always wanted the original, but these are awesome!

I find it very interesting that the Equate version works better than Strivectin. I have other Equate products, and consider it the top "generic" brand around! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I have never seen any of the Equate products that sub for Strivectin. Maybe I should look around next time I am out shopping. Is Equate a Walmart-only line?

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 6/1/2014 BeckiWV said:

I have used many neck creams, just about every one mentioned in this thread, including Nectifirm, Strivectin, Diane Young, Bare Minerals, Time Bomb, M. Asam, Perlier, Serious Skin Care Reverse Lift and Serious Skin Care Chin Up, SCA Platinum, Elysee, Isomers, Alegenist, Olay, etc., plus a whole more. Most were "one and done" for me.

I do use the whole jar too before moving on, I don't just use it for a couple of days and decide it doesn't work. I give things a fair chance.

I have also used botox for the neck. I love it for the crow's feet and 11's but it did nothing for my neck. I won't get it there again.

All that said, I really like Skinn Chin Up in the blue bottle and have purchased it multiple times, which is amazing for me. I also use and like Perricone Sub-D for the neck, as well as Perricone Neuropeptide cream (the original formula, not the newer one for night time).

I too also really like Avon Dramatic Firming Cream. Price is not everything. I found it recently at an Avon Store in a mall.

I sometime alternate these or just layer them all. Smiley Happy

I use retin-a on my neck too and have for years.

The most important neck cream to add, IMO, is a good sunscreen every day, winter and summer, rain or shine.

I'm considering getting the NuFace mini microcurrent machine. Does anyone think it really helps the jawline???

Does the Avon cream mentioned above have a strong scent? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I didn't find the scent to be overly strong at all. I have a new jar coming any day now. Smiley Happy
Contributor

I have been using Avon's ""Dramatic Firming Cream"" on my neck religiously for about the past 7 or 8 years. I am almost 52 and it's really done the trick....I have so signs of my age showing on my neck!! yay! I guess I really wanted to use it as a preventative measure and so far it has worked beautifully. It is inexpensive and I always stock up when it's on sale for $3.99!!

I can't really say that if you already have drooping or loose skin if it would work to improve the area but why not try it? I have used so many expensive ""lotions & potions"" that are expensive and useless!

Honored Contributor

On 6/17/2014 ElvisShops said:
On 6/7/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I have never seen any of the Equate products that sub for Strivectin. Maybe I should look around next time I am out shopping. Is Equate a Walmart-only line?

Equate is the Walmart generic brand .... for toiletries, cosmetics, cough syrup, etc, and their items are very reasonably priced. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

My very favorite neck cream that delivers results is from SKINN!!! I have used Prai but don't find it to work as well.

Super Contributor

These are the Equate products that were mentioned:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Beauty-Neck-Tightening-Cream-1.7-fl-oz/23554928

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Beauty-Anti-Wrinkle-Eye-Concentrate-1-fl-oz/23554927

All Walmarts probably do not stock exactly the same items.