Super Contributor

Re: THE GREAT NECK CREAM DEBATE

I loved the Bare Minerals. I also like Dr. Denese's. The Diane Young one must contain something I am allergic to.

Respected Contributor

I have a smooth neck... pure luck since I've spent so much time in the sun as a kid and well into my teens. Plus I'm a bike rider but always use sunscreen.

I have a half used jar of Bare Minerals and liked it while I used. I may be lazy since whatever I use on my face I also use on my neck and chest.

Respected Contributor

I will say I use skincare with plenty of actives. It can't hurt to bring these down to your neck and chest.

A seasoned salesperson at Sephora raved about a certain neck cream I ended up buying and liked a lot. I bought the last jar. She said they had trouble keeping it in stock.

Let me look and see. While the name escapes me, bet I can find it and post back.

Respected Contributor

I had to change servers. FireFox is totally wonky this morning.

It's Dr. Brandt Firming Neck Cream.

I must have liked it a lot. Out of the few neck creams I've purchased in the past, this one I finished to the last drop & tossed the empty jar.

Honored Contributor

Your neck does not know the difference. Use your moisturizer or favorite oil and don't waste your money on a so called "neck" cream.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

On 5/28/2014 KatCat1 said:

Your neck does not know the difference. Use your moisturizer or favorite oil and don't waste your money on a so called "neck" cream.

This has always been my school of thought.

Esteemed Contributor

Dharma Initiative ~ I couldn't find it either. Hmm.... They discontinued it once a couple years ago and customers complained, so Avon brought it back. I don't order online, I buy at an Avon store at the mall. When they have a sale, I buy several jars at a time. I currently have enough to take me into mid-2015!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 tototwo said:

Dharma Initiative ~ I couldn't find it either. Hmm.... They discontinued it once a couple years ago and customers complained, so Avon brought it back.

OK thanks. I try to avoid creams in jars anyway. Most really good ingredients in a jar are not going to be beneficial for very long after you open it and subject it to air and light continuously.

Frequent Contributor

I've tried many, and most of those listed above and have found the Serious Skin Care Correc-chin to be the most helpful for my drooping and sagging chin. But you have to be consistent in your use.

Respected Contributor

Skin on the neck has to be architecturally supported by muscle, which is why when it heads'south' a face lift is really the only solution. I use and like Skinn's Chin Up for thinning necklines. Mine is till pretty good, but I'm not going the way of a facelift either.