Honored Contributor

Re: THE GREAT NECK CREAM DEBATE

Has anyone tried Dr Denese Triple Strength Neck Cream?

Trusted Contributor

I like the SKINN neck cream in the yellow bottle.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I have pretty much given up on neck creams and just use my moisturizer on my neck area. I do use Retin A at night on my neck. My neck area doesn't look bad for an almost 65 year old neck. It could look worse I guess. Wished I had not been a sun worshipper years ago.

Honored Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Harpa said:

I suppose it depends on what skin issue/s you are trying to address in the neck area.

I hate when the vendors say that your neck skin is different than you facial skin. It is not different. What's different is that you have fewer sebaceous glands in the neck area, and so the "moisture" your own body naturally provides there is less, making your neck skin more vulnerable to lines and other issues -- that is, if you don't treat the neck area the same as you do your face.

All it really takes is the same skin care you use on your face, which is what I do. However, since it is so vulnerable, I like to give it a little more attention by using an extra pat of cream -- whatever cream and smoothing in.

But I did like Diane Young's Coneflower neck cream. That was the start for me several years ago, until I wised up and learned about skin. Coneflower (echinacea) is a known firming skin care ingredient.

I sooo agree with these points! I always apply my regular facial products down to my neck and chest. Compare that to my two sisters who don't (one younger one older than I) and I have no wrinkles or age spots or freckles or crinkley skin on my neck and chest, whereas they do. They were SPF but they always "forget" to put skincare on those areas and I do it daily and you really can see the difference in how we are aging there. You really don't need a separate "neck" cream.

Respected Contributor

I've never purchased a neck cream. I use face and body products on my neck.

Respected Contributor

I think the skin on the neck must be at least a little different than the face. There are certain general moisturizers I can use on my neck, but they break my face out.

My mom started using Diane Young's neck cream when she first came to QVC. At the time, my moms neck was showing definite signs of aging even though she had no wrinkles on her face (she had beaustiful skin). She used it for probably 15 years, & I swear her neck just stopped aging. It did her neck a world of good!

Super Contributor

I probably rotate 10 different ones day in and day out... but the ONE that I use religiously is Dr. Denese's firming neck cream. It just seems to feel the best and stay the most emollient on my neck and decollete area.

Honored Contributor

On 5/27/2014 gazelle77 said:

I probably rotate 10 different ones day in and day out... but the ONE that I use religiously is Dr. Denese's firming neck cream. It just seems to feel the best and stay the most emollient on my neck and decollete area.

Gazelle77, by "most emollient" do you mean it stays moist .... or is it readily absorbed into the skin? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 5/27/2014 gazelle77 said:

Gazelle77, by "most emollient" do you mean it stays moist .... or is it readily absorbed into the skin? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

It does NOT just sit on the skin and feel greasy. It just makes my neck feel soft, moist and taken care of. Some of them go on and in a while feel like they are no longer there-- this one is just really rich.... but not greasy. I have been using for almost 10 years... others I use come and go, but I would never be without this one.

Honored Contributor

I use the same moisturizer and oils that I use on my face.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland