Honored Contributor

@Shanus @Porcelain @Alison Wonderland @Tricolor @AngelPuppy1 

I have never found a matte that works for me!

A tiny bit of frosting or glimmer placed correctly works wonders!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

No matter what I use, I get "dewy."  Aging hasn't had any effect on my oily skin.  I had to stop using liquid makeup.  I now use cream-to-powder compact from Avon. 

No wrinkles (yet!) .... My mother also had oily skin and had no wrinkles - she lived to mid-90s.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

(I also think my daily exfoliation with Kiss My Face olive oil soap is a contributing factor.  I'm keeping it up!)

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

No matter what I use, I get "dewy."  Aging hasn't had any effect on my oily skin.  I had to stop using liquid makeup.  I now use cream-to-powder compact from Avon. 

No wrinkles (yet!) .... My mother also had oily skin and had no wrinkles - she lived to mid-90s.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

(I also think my daily exfoliation with Kiss My Face olive oil soap is a contributing factor.  I'm keeping it up!)

@ALRATIBA   Keep those fingers crossed and if you have extras that aren’t doing much, cross a few for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Matte foundations don't work for me nor do long wearing foundations as they tend to emphasize any flaking on my skin which I tend to get around my nose.

For me I'm using a Japanese sunscreen on my face after a moisturizer. (Shiseido or OMI The Menturm) both with SPF 50. Then I may or may not use Laura Geller's primer - it doesn't make a lot of difference. Then I use Shiseido's BB cream SPF 50. I mix the light and medium shades and put it into one bottle. It's a runny liquid BB cream that doesn't have a lot of coverage but that's a better look for me.

I used to use the original It Cosmetics CC cream in the medium or light version but it did not look good after a few hours, it would cake around my nose. I much prefer the Shiseido BB cream as it's not really a cream but a watery formula.

Honored Contributor

b@TY wrote:

Matte foundations don't work for me nor do long wearing foundations as they tend to emphasize any flaking on my skin which I tend to get around my nose.

For me I'm using a Japanese sunscreen on my face after a moisturizer. (Shiseido or OMI The Menturm) both with SPF 50. Then I may or may not use Laura Geller's primer - it doesn't make a lot of difference. Then I use Shiseido's BB cream SPF 50. I mix the light and medium shades and put it into one bottle. It's a runny liquid BB cream that doesn't have a lot of coverage but that's a better look for me.

I used to use the original It Cosmetics CC cream in the medium or light version but it did not look good after a few hours, it would cake around my nose. I much prefer the Shiseido BB cream as it's not really a cream but a watery formula.

@TY  I do better w/ lighter weight foundation, too...even a tinted moisturizer and then use a concealer where I need it. Very few women need the same amount of coverage all over their faces. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

Matte is not for my almost 70 year old dry skin. I know the experts will say to prep the skin properly and it will work. Nope, nada, no way! Matte does not work for mature women with dry skin.

@Tricolor  I’m not sure it works for mature women with any type skin. 

@Shanus I just said that to cover my butt. There is always someone who will claim they are over 65 and matte is the only foundation that works for them. Haha!!

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

Matte is not for my almost 70 year old dry skin. I know the experts will say to prep the skin properly and it will work. Nope, nada, no way! Matte does not work for mature women with dry skin.

@Tricolor  I’m not sure it works for mature women with any type skin. 

@Shanus I just said that to cover my butt. There is always someone who will claim they are over 65 and matte is the only foundation that works for them. Haha!!

@Tricolor   I’ve done a lot of makeup on women over age 45-50 in my twenty + years as a mua. This was before the highlighting, glow, etc. Very few women, oily or dry complexions, can wear a matte foundation, powdered t zone & powder blush without it settling into any texture or lines on the skin. If she insists, I’ll do it matte, take a pic, cleanse it off, do a somewhat dewey look, take another pic and let her see the difference. 80% of the time dewey wins.

Anyone thinking they don’t know which is more youthful looking, use the selfie test and compare. I think you’ll be amazed at the results.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor  --  And I'm here to repeat myself that at age 70, matte is still what I strive for every day.  Of course, with my oily skin, the matte look only lasts the first hour, then I'm greasy again.  I understand if a woman has dry skin, then matte probably isn't a good look.   For me, if I have a shiny complexion, then I feel like I need to wash my face.

We're all different. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@Tricolor  --  And I'm here to repeat myself that at age 70, matte is still what I strive for every day.  Of course, with my oily skin, the matte look only lasts the first hour, then I'm greasy again.  I understand if a woman has dry skin, then matte probably isn't a good look.   For me, if I have a shiny complexion, then I feel like I need to wash my face.

We're all different. 

I will be 70 in November which goes to prove that skincare is not age related. It's more about skintype. I have always had dry skin but also have a thyroid issue so that just adds to my dryness. Cheers to being 70!!Woman Very Happy