Valued Contributor

I purchased the Matte IT cream and returned it. Wanted to try something else with IT but I ended up going back to my original IT cc aging cream. It makes my skin look dry and not fresh.

Respected Contributor
I have the oily T-zone and I sweat a lot when out in the heat so for me a matte finish is preferred in the summer because I look like a greaseball. I've tried highlighting and it's just not for me, and I don't think a highlighted nose and cupids bow is all that great like a lot of beauty YouTubers think it is. But I prefer my lips to be glowy. They can get drier than a desert and matte lips are uncomfortable unless I have a balm on them first. I also love my lip glosses and I'll never give those up! 😅
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

What I strive for and what I usually get are 2 different things most of the time!  LOL

I don't like a completely matte flat look at my age which makes me look old, tired and sad.  But I don't care for a shiny, greasy look either.  I want a bit of a glow but don't like my nose to light the way!   As you can tell, I struggle to find a happy medium! 

@AngelPuppy1   Good morning! What works well for me, same issue, is to keep my t zone matte and cheeks have a little “dew”. I use cream blush, set w/ powder blush in summer and then a tiny dab of face oil or lip gloss for a dot of glow on the apples of cheeks. Give that a try.

@Shanus 

That sounds so nice!  I wish I could replicate that!  What oil do you use?  Thank you for your advice.  

@AngelPuppy1   I keep a plethora of oils I can use in my bath, at bedtime (lavender I add to water to spray on my pillow)....My most used face oils are Argan, Marula and Jojoba. I only use a dab on my “pinkie” & rub the tips of my fingers together to further break it down to just a whisp. Then barely tap on cheeks. Practice at night before cleansing face...if too much, you’ll be washing it off anyway. That’s when I try out all my experiments!

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
I have the oily T-zone and I sweat a lot when out in the heat so for me a matte finish is preferred in the summer because I look like a greaseball. I've tried highlighting and it's just not for me, and I don't think a highlighted nose and cupids bow is all that great like a lot of beauty YouTubers think it is. But I prefer my lips to be glowy. They can get drier than a desert and matte lips are uncomfortable unless I have a balm on them first. I also love my lip glosses and I'll never give those up! 😅

@Cumbercookie13 ...just a thought to consider. There are many mattifying primers that prevent oil from breaking through. If you’d like, it can only be applied to those areas that become more shiny during the day.

Honored Contributor

I've got combo skin and this is what I've been using for the past few years.   I haven't tried anything new since I've been satisfied.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

What I strive for and what I usually get are 2 different things most of the time!  LOL

I don't like a completely matte flat look at my age which makes me look old, tired and sad.  But I don't care for a shiny, greasy look either.  I want a bit of a glow but don't like my nose to light the way!   As you can tell, I struggle to find a happy medium! 

@AngelPuppy1   Good morning! What works well for me, same issue, is to keep my t zone matte and cheeks have a little “dew”. I use cream blush, set w/ powder blush in summer and then a tiny dab of face oil or lip gloss for a dot of glow on the apples of cheeks. Give that a try.

@Shanus 

That sounds so nice!  I wish I could replicate that!  What oil do you use?  Thank you for your advice.  

@AngelPuppy1   I keep a plethora of oils I can use in my bath, at bedtime (lavender I add to water to spray on my pillow)....My most used face oils are Argan, Marula and Jojoba. I only use a dab on my “pinkie” & rub the tips of my fingers together to further break it down to just a whisp. Then barely tap on cheeks. Practice at night before cleansing face...if too much, you’ll be washing it off anyway. That’s when I try out all my experiments!

@Shanus 

Thanks so much!  Yes, good advice.  Trying at night before bed!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Matte is not for my almost 70 year old dry skin. I know the experts will say to prep the skin properly and it will work. Nope, nada, no way! Matte does not work for mature women with dry skin.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Matte is not for my almost 70 year old dry skin. I know the experts will say to prep the skin properly and it will work. Nope, nada, no way! Matte does not work for mature women with dry skin.

@Tricolor  I’m not sure it works for mature women with any type skin. 

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

If this makes nose tip highlighting go away, I'm for it. Humans are not puppies. Our noses should not look wet.

That is one if the most ridiculous makeup trends of my adult life. (I was a teenager in the 80's, so I have to clarify there.) That an Instagram eyebrows are ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

That is one if the most ridiculous makeup trends of my adult life. (I was a teenager in the 80's, so I have to clarify there.) That an Instagram eyebrows are ridiculous.

Yes! Those Insta brows make me think of Joan Crawford ala the 50s. (I'm a classic movie buff.)

Joan Crawford 50s

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr