Respected Contributor

THE. EYELASHESS ARE NOW. BARE. LOOKING.....HELP

I have been a dedicated user of Mally Mascara for years: always bought the twice yearly 6-pack.

Recently I noticed that after two or three hours, my reflection in the car's rear view mirror shows "no mascara" on my lashes.  Since I just started a new tube, I checked:  it was a recent purchase ( I had written " Ulta " on the bottom.

Evidently the new owners have significantly changed the formulation.  Now, I need to find something comparable:             Medium-priced,    long lasting,     no clumping,      and  no " raccoon " eyes during the day.   Suggestions???

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: THE. EYELASHESS ARE NOW. BARE. LOOKING.....HELP

I'm 70 years old (a genuine Baby Boomer).  I was a teen in the 60's.  The 60's was all about eye makeup.  

I have ALWAYS used Maybelline Waterproof mascara.  I love it.  It held up (never moved) all through my boo hoos when my husband died.  I'd cry any time, any where but I always knew I didn't look like a Panda Bear because my Maybelline Waterproof would stay put!

Honored Contributor

@jlkz

I am sorry... I rely on M too. 

I swore that if my A/D came in and wasn't fresh... that I would return it. So far, two years of good. Still the same great formula. Have not opened the newest A/D yet. If it is bad I will let you know.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@jlkz just so you know you aren't crazy, lol, the formula HAS changed. We did a comparison thread of the ingredients before and after and the formula did change, sadly. I know many who loved the old one are very upset with the performance of the "new" version that came out after her company was sold. Sorry. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I know this happens a lot but it so darn aggravating when companies do this. I bought a Sephora favorites a few weeks ago with 5 or 6 travel size mascara so, because I can try new brands and I like the travel size mascara so. I'm really loving the Ciate brand mascara, but I only use it on my top lashes. I use MAC Gigiblack on my bottom lashes and I like it. I will say I have tried the PTR mascara and really liked it and would repurchase, but like I said I just made a purchase of the Sephora faves. What mascara do you like ? @HappyDaze

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I know this happens a lot but it so darn aggravating when companies do this. I bought a Sephora favorites a few weeks ago with 5 or 6 travel size mascara so, because I can try new brands and I like the travel size mascara so. I'm really loving the Ciate brand mascara, but I only use it on my top lashes. I use MAC Gigiblack on my bottom lashes and I like it. I will say I have tried the PTR mascara and really liked it and would repurchase, but like I said I just made a purchase of the Sephora faves. What mascara do you like ? @HappyDaze

@wvumountiefan It is super aggravating! They really shouldn't mess with the formulations of the things that put them on the map, their best sellers. I know they are trying to make more money but you will end up making less when your loyal customers bail because the new formula is kwap!

I actully like the travel sized mascaras too, at least in theory. It seems like many of them are dried out by the time you get them but when the aren't, I think they are the perfect size so you can actually use them up before they go bad (rancid, dried out, or just old to keep using).

Regarding my mascara likes, I only use cruelty free brands these days and have been trying a million different ones that I got from my birchbox or free with orders from various beauty stores. The one I keep repurchasing these days is Paula's Choice FANtastic mascara. That one works really well for me. It is the best one I've found so far. I have a hard time finding really good mascaras now that my lashes are so long because most of them are too heavy for my lashes and make them lose their curl, which I don't like. Or, like in the Doll10 mascara, my lashes actually touch my the area just below my eyebrows and it smears after a few hours. I've tried many poor mascaras recentlly too. What I'd really like to find is a mascara that fans my lashes out like a Doe's, lol, and yet keeps them curled and doesn't flatten out after awhile. Is that really too much to ask?? Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I used Mally's years ago,but when I compared it to Too Faced Better Than S*X there was no comparison at all. Too Faced is the best I've used for really full,long lashes. 

Super Contributor

I was a Mally mascara fan too. My latest tube hasn't wowed me. The new It Superhero was fantastic for about a month, then became a clotted mess. The second tube seemed dried out yet clumpy at the same time. I threw it out after one use.  Very disappointed. Pulled out an old reliable:  Urban Decay Perversion (purple tube).  There is a great UD primer in a white tube also.  I got them at Ulta recommended by a sales clerk. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan fyi, if you want to try a few more mini mascaras, Birchbox has a set with the following for $24 (there are 20% off codes out there too..):

This kit includes:
Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Mascara - Sample-size
Milk Makeup Ubame Mascara - Sample-size
Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara - Sample-size
Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara - Sample-size
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Tinted Lash Primer - Sample-size
Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara - Sample-size
W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara - Sample-size

Valued Contributor

Too Faced Better than Sex is FAB