Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties!! What did you use up this week? 6/27/14

Hello My Lovelies~

I purged my bathroom cupboards and got rid of a ton of stuff, too numerous to name. Tons of perfume samples, lotions, makeup etc.

Also finished a MAC lipstick in Myth, Great nude color

Keep Calm and Carry on....

Trusted Contributor

TOSSED :a lauder moisturizer filler my BFF gave me. I just wasn't interested.

Contributor

Happy Friday, everyone! Here's my list for the last two weeks...

TopCare nail polish remover. Replaced with another bottle.

Up&Up cleansing towelettes - exfoliating apricot: these were ok, but I much prefer the Simple brand, which is what I purchased to replace with.

Smashbox Always Sharp waterproof eyeliner in "Penny Lane": beautiful liner, but there is very little product in the packaging! I will not repurchase because of this.

Bar of dove soap in shower. Replaced with a Creamery Creek goat milk soap bar in "Pink Sugar" scent. LOVE these soaps!!!!

That is all for me for this and last week. Not really near close to finishing any other products for a while.... sigh..

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Valued Contributor

Used up:

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads - replaced with same

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Whipped Body Cream - knew I should have bought two of these as they sold out so fast. Using Kiehl's Creme de Corps now...I bought a big bottle during the Kiehl's F&F sale.

Contributor

Used:

Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus - I really like this styling product and would definitely repurchase again.

The Body Shop Vitamin C - I used this consistently from top to bottom of the bottle. What is it suppose to do again? I saw no change in my skin on my face except for additional redness so I stopped and just used on my decollate area and that area started to break out. My dark spots are still there with no change. Would not repurchase.

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 15 and Antioxidants - I purchased this product a while ago and stopped using it for some reason. I used this consistently this time to give it a chance to see if my skin would adjust to it. I am having another rosacea flare up and because of all the good reviews on this board I decided to try it again. This product just isn't for me. For one it is very thick and does not spread very well and it just sits on top of my skin and does not sink in. I don't like touching my face a half hour or longer after I put a product on and feel sticky and this product does that. Also, my face became more red and really never settled down and I can't figure out why if this is fragrance free with minimal ingredients in the formulation and this is the product that Paula recommends for sensitive, rosacea skin. Would not purchase again.

Tossed:

Alpha Hydrox Nourishing Cleanser - I have tried this product on several occasions to see if this product was for me. Although it does remove my makeup it leaves my face very dry and we are in the summer months and my face does not usually get dry from a cleanser in the summer months.

Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash - Leaves my face very red and flaky and I have tried this product several times and the reaction from my family is the same, "What did you do to your face to make it that red?" Out it goes!

Respected Contributor

Hi my beauties - posting late. I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Coconut Lime Yankee Candle (they are as treasured as my beauty products!) Replaced with a Yankee Grapefruit (med jar).

Shower Poof - bought one at Walmart to replace it. Got the $2 one (haha) much nicer than the $1 one.

Venus Razors - replaced with Xtreme 3.

Various skin care samples (about 8 of them)

That's it. . . . . .Have a good week, waiting for the 4th~

Regular Contributor

Skinn stem rejen (I have it stock piled so OK). Also popped for new Shiseido eye cream as was trying all the other ones I have, but they just were not the same.