Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What did you use up this week 1/19?

This week I tossed a Boots No7 Precision Lipliner, the was too apricot and not the Nude that it appeared to be, I should have returned it! I really tried to work it, but it wasn't right!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

.....my patience. I broke a huge bottle of Jo Malone Basil and Meroli perfume on my ceramic bathroom floor. 😢

On the bright side, it smells darn good in there!

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I love this thread because it encourages me to go through my stash and use up things I have stored before buying anything new.  I am surprised at some of the things I have found tucked away.  It is like Christmas all over again!

IT Confidence in A Cleanser :   Sample packet that came with a kit I purchased.  It was Ok but I prefer Neutrogena's Hydro Boost Cleansing Gel.  Have some samples of that and Purity to use up before I buy more.

Neutrogena Nourishing Eye liner in Black Brown : Replaced with IT gel eye liner.  It is Okay but I will probably go back to the Neutragena one b/c it works just as good and is cheaper.

Neutragena Hyro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer : Sample.  I love this stuff and willl buy a full tube - the tube has SPF after I finish a sample of Clinque Dramatical Differnt Moisturizer

Estee Lauder Modern Muse Lotion : Found this lurking in my shower.  I love this scent and my DD stole my perfume so it was a nice surprise to enjoy this scent again.  Found a smller tube under the bathroom sink that I will use this week.

@ninjawife  DDs are something else, God love ‘em. When mine comes for a visit, I always check her luggage before she goes. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Everyone!  Struggling to keep warm here in Northern Virginia.  Supposed to warm up this weekend.  Yay!

Nothing to report.  I'm a slacker again.

Have nice weekends!

Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon Beauties,

I used up my tub of Elizabeth Arden White Tea Body Cream 13.5oz  This really has a nice scent and is very moisturizing. Plus it is made in France Smiley Happy I am now going to try and use up a large bottle of Jergens Original scent body lotion. I've been working on this one for a little while. 

I also used up a sample of Drunk Elephant ( what a name huh?) B-Hydra Intensive Hydration gel. This is very hydrating-especially on my hands and cuticles. I received this sample from Sephora. I'll have to check on the $$

That's it for this week. See you all next Friday~~

Have a Great Weekend!!! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used up:

Korres Apple Blossom shower gel - Liked this and have another in the stash.  But I'm replacing it with the Lush Rose Jam Naked soap since it's not protected in any packaging and needs to be used sooner than later.  

Natural Organic Deep Cleansing Oil - Got this from the Japanese market but didn't like it as much as my HG (and discontinued) bareMinerals Mineralixirs Cleansing Oil.  I ended up using it to clean my makeup brushes and DD finished it up.  Not all cleansing oils are alike...

Suntegrity 5 in 1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen sample - I heard such good things about this but I guess I'm in the minority of people that react to mineral sunscreen.  This makes my face prickly and itchy.  Glad I only got the sample and not the full size.

Esteemed Contributor

I replace mascaras every 3 months so I tossed out. L'Oreal volumizing mascara primer and a Covergirl Clump Crusher lasblast mascara. I am trying a fairly new double ended L'Oreal mascara that has the mascara primer on one end and the mascara on the other.

I went through my lipsticks and glosses and tried them all on one at a time and tossed out some Covergirl lip glosses that had limited color payout and also some Revlon HD gel lipsticks with too much color payoff. I feel like Goldilocks alway searching for the perfect lipstick.

Honored Contributor

@TY Let us know what you think of that L’Oreal double ended mascara product.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Hello and Happy Weekend!  

This week, I used up a deluxe sample size of BareMinerals Bare Skin Veil finishing powder. I like this and have a full size in my stash but working on using some other powders first.

Tossed: Timeless Skincare hyaluronic acid pure serum. This didnt seem to do anything for me. I'm trying to pare down my skincare routine. 

See you all next week!

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@TY Let us know what you think of that L’Oreal double ended mascara product.

@JustJazzmom

I wore the mascara yesterday and today, it's the new L'Oreal Voluminous Superstar mascara in 622 black. The primer side is white and the mascara is black. They are both similar to L'Oreal's individual Voluminous primer mascara and Voluminious mascara. I do think that it's easy to remove with eyemakeup remover pads but I notice that I also get residue when I take a shower and any mascara that didn't come off with makeup remover pads does come off in the shower but after my shower I need to use another makeup remover pad to get any undereye residue off.

The mascara wand is curved which I like and it doesn't flake off during the day so I like this mascara duo so far.