Super Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You use Up this Week 3/3?

This week I used up-

SCA shampoo/conditioner 8oz, my favorite, replaced with the same

Thymes plum body lotion, sample, did not like

Threw out a bunch of packets of Aveeno body cream left over from my grandbaby, not a fan

Honored Contributor

Happy First Weekend in MARCH, Beauties! 

Life is horribly hectic right now so what follows is for two weeks. I did my best to put my empties in a little pile but I might have missed one or two. 

USED UP:

• SKINN Chin-Up Pro Redensifying Neck Serum (the yellow one) 1.7 oz. - as far as I can tell, this did nothing. I won't be repurchasing. I have another SKINN neck product but haven't gotten it out yet & can't recall the name. 
  • SKINN Vacuum Deep Pore Cleansing Mask 2.0 oz - Love this; it does a great job. Replaced with same. I picked up a 2-pack at a great price not too long ago.
  • SKINN Matte Manager Daytime Pore Reducing Serum - I really like the SKINN pore reducing products. They make a visible difference with my combo/oily skin. This serum was part of a 3 product kit that I'm on A/D for. I don't have a replacement yet. I've got plenty of the other products left so I think I'll either pick up the single product or the kit, if a good price, on eBay. 
  • SKINN Olive & Enzyme Make-up Removing & Cleansing Cloths 30 pack - I really like these. I usually use them to remove my makeup in the evening and later cleanse my face. Replaced with the same. I'd purchased a 3-pack of these and now have one more left so I'll start watching for a good deal on them before too long. 
  • SKINN Cosmetics Collagenesis Scalp Revitalizer Volumizing Serum 3.4 oz - I like this. When the planets are aligned in just the right way, it gives a little lift to my very stick straight, never-heard-of-body-or-volume, thin hair. lol That is more than any other product does. Replaced with the 2nd of a 2-pack. I do wish these came in larger bottles and were more economically priced. I will be looking on eBay in the future.    
  • Borghese Fango Ferma Mud Mask - I love Borghese mud masks! I'll replace with the one I received not too long ago. I think it was part of the last Borghese TTV on Evine.

If I miss a week know it is just my real life interfering with my Internet reality. Smiley Wink I'll probably be back the next week. Hopefully, things will calm down before too long. 

Have a great weekend, Beauties!

Trusted Contributor

This has been a good use-it-up week for me.

Used up:

Philosophy Purity Made Simple 2 oz - This used to be my HG but then I switched to cleansing oils.  I have been using this to clean my brushes instead.  I found one tiny bottle left in my stash to replace this.

bareMinerals Mineralixirs 5-Oil Blend - This took me 10 months to finish!  I started to mix it with my body lotions.  It has been discontinued.  

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum .3 oz - I only buy this in the small bottle since I am trying to ween myself off of foundations.  It is nice for a natural look and it has SPF 30 plus other "treatments".  I have more in the stash.

NYX Proof It! mascara top coat - I use this over non-waterproof mascara.  It works and I have another to replace it.

Tossed:

Priti NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover - This took a lot of work to remove nail polish so I hardly used it.  It's supposed to be gentler on the nails but what's the point if I have to use so much elbow grease?  

Respected Contributor

@willdob3

Sorry to say Boghese is no longer on EvineSmiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

L'Occitane - deluxed sized sample of almond oil - very nice and nice scent, however, not a repurchase since they are not cruelty free.  And anyway, ton of oils to work through.  Replaced with a big bottle of sweet almond oil.

So close on some other things. One by one.....

Have a great weekend.

What is sweet almond oil? Where do you buy it and is it s dupe for L'Occitane? TIA

@scatcat,  The one I have is from Aura Cacia and I got it from Vitacost.  I am sure you can get it in your local stores but vitacost I have found to be cheaper.  I just add a bit to my moisturizer for the body since I am so dry in the winter.  It is not a dupe for L'Occitane.  You could use it as an oil when you get out of the shower but I don't use it that way, I just add it to my  moisturizers for a boost of hydration.