Super Contributor

TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up this Week 12/15?

Happy Friday Beauties,

Happy Hanakkah to all those celebrating this week. I did not use up anything. What did you use up?

Trusted Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up this Week 12/15?

[ Edited ]

Happy Friday, All.  I am really glad to see this week come to an end and am looking forward to the weekend.  This week, I used up an IT Tightline Mascara which I had been using instead of a primer.  I bought this during one of their shows and got two tubes for a really good price.  This will not be a repurchase for me.  Have great weekends everybody!

Honored Contributor

It was a slow week for me.  The only thing I used up:

Cetaphil Cleanser - full size.  I replaced with the same. This is my go to morning cleanser.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Respected Contributor

Not a thing!

Here's to a better next week!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Good morning & happy Friday!

I used up a sample jar of Garnier Moisture Bomb Moisturizer. Very nice for use on face prior makeup.  I liked it so much, I bought a full size jar from Ulta.

Used up a Le Petit Marseilais White Peach & Nectarine Body Wash.

It was okay, not overly fragranced, I would say mild. I would have preferred a stronger scent from it. Replaced with a bottle of The Body Shop Pink,Grapefruit Body Wash. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I used up several sample packets:

Dr. Jart SPF 45 BB Beauty Balm--too gray toned and heavy for me.

Lancome Click and Glow Highlighting Skin Fluid--very nice and pigmented, but too much glow for me.

Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream-- dont' like the feel or smell.

Dr. Jart Waterfuse HydroGel-- this one is actually pretty nice. But not too different from other hydrogels I tried.

So, no purchasing the full size for any of the samples I tried this week.  Hopefully I'll have some full size items used up next week.

Happy Weekend, Beauties!

Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a Shea Moisture soap.  I don't remember what it was called; it smelled fruity and had black seeds in it.  It was so creamy and nice.  I replaced it with a Yardley soap, and I have to admit that I miss the wonderful fluffy, creamy suds from the Shea Moisture bar.  

-a L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base primer.  Replaced with same.

-a sample of a L'Oreal Revitalift skin product that was heavily fragranced and not moisturizing enough.

I got rid of:

-2 old Avon creams that I missed during my de-cluttering last week.

-2 L'Oreal Revitalift samples.  One is the same as the one I used above and another is something from the same line that I don't care to try.  I guess it's a bad sign when "fragrance" appears in the middle of the ingredient list instead of at the end.

-a Smashbox eye quad that I bought a few years ago.  It had been sitting in plastic for awhile unused, and I got it out and used it.  I'm not sure if it was counterfeit or just too old, but the shadows looked awful no matter how I tried to use them...and I tried a lot of different things to make them work.  Oh well.  I guess that's what I get for saving something like that for whatever special occasion I was saving it for. 

That's it for this week.  Have a great weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Dr. Bronners peppermint soap - used this up as hand soap.  It was okay. I need something more moisturizing.  The peppermint is not a repurchase but have other dr. Bronners on hand. 

Timeless Matrixyl 3000 serum - used this up by mixing in my body lotion.  So, no real review how this worked.  I have too many serums and am mixing them in body lotions so I can use them up. Not a repurchase. 

Hair products - decluttering a lot of different hair products from shampoos to styling products.  Some don’t work for me, but others I just can’t get too. So someone might as well get some use out of. 

Have a a nice weekend, everyone. 

Valued Contributor

Happy Friday to all!

This week I used up:

Paulas Choice Clinical 1% retinol serum.  I decided to replace this with Differin Gel based on recommendations from a dermatologist friend.

Timeless Matrixyl Synthe 6.  I won't replace as I didn't see it had any effect.  

Tossed a few old lipsticks.  I'm still searching for the perfect color!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007

I have to agree with you on the Lancome Click and Glow. It's too much pimgmentation. I have a tube sitting on my chest of drawers in my bathroom and I hate to toss it since I paid full price for the full size. I don't know what I was thinking. ????

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I used up several sample packets:

Dr. Jart SPF 45 BB Beauty Balm--too gray toned and heavy for me.

Lancome Click and Glow Highlighting Skin Fluid--very nice and pigmented, but too much glow for me.

Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream-- dont' like the feel or smell.

Dr. Jart Waterfuse HydroGel-- this one is actually pretty nice. But not too different from other hydrogels I tried.

So, no purchasing the full size for any of the samples I tried this week.  Hopefully I'll have some full size items used up next week.

Happy Weekend, Beauties!