Trusted Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up this Week 10/20?

@momoftwo2007@aggravated, have you tried the Yogurt body cream? I've used it in the past and I didn't find the scent to be too strong, somewhat fresh. I think Sephora carries this one so you may want to sample before purchasing.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated@momoftwo2007@Leeny

Have you tried Deep Steep body butter?  I have purchased some at T.J. Maxx, and it is just wonderful.  I like the lotion too, but the body butter is my favorite.  I think they also have a hand cream, but I have not tried that yet.  The ingredients are nice in their products. 

I have and love mango papaya, lemongrass jasmine and pure coconut body butter (I'm not sure they make that one anymore).

In their body lotion, I have brown sugar vanilla and warm vanilla coconut.  I don't like those scents as much as the scents I have in the body butter, but they are light and not bad.

I have smelled some of the Korres stuff before, and I agree about the stuff not smelling good.  Not sure what's up with that.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

This week I used up:

-2 skin care samples.  One was a Clinique moisturizing gel, the other an Avon Anew cream.  Both are nice but neither one was something I would purchase.

-the little bottle of conditioner that came with my hair dye.

-a bottle of Thayer's witch hazel astringent.  Replaced with same.

I tossed:

-2 Avon eyeshadows that were old and looked patchy after application.

-a scented Avon body lotion that was probably incredibly old (another thing my mom didn't want and gave to me).

That's it for this week.  Enjoy the weekend!!

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

UD Perversion Mascara mini - This is a nice mascara.  I got it in the Sephora sampler set and have 4 others to try.  Replacing with my HG Per-Fekt Lash Gel for now.

Tossed:

bareMineral Complexion Rescue - I've tried using this on and off for a year but it's just not the right product for my skin.  I just used concealer today and my skin looked a lot better.  Go figure.

BeautyCounter Cream Blush in Hibiscus mini - Got this in the set from Target over a year ago and hardly touch it.  I am just not a cream blush fan.  Time to declutter.

UD Eyeshadow single in Melt - This came with a quad compact.  It is very sheer and glittery with fallout so I hardly used it.  

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties! I used up:

Eva Nye Therapy Session hair mask sample- this was nothing special for me and nothing I would bother to purchase full size

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Cushion Foundation SPF 50 in light- I actually really like this foundation but I do not like the delivery at all. I don't understand the cushion foundation fad, pushing foundation out of one sponge and onto another is wasteful and a pain in the butt. I might repurchase this again because I did like the foundation but for now I have two other full size foundations to work on that are brand new

Ulta Tropical Fruit body mist 6oz- this was a nice scent for summer but I'm not repurchasing for now, maybe next year. It was a nice alternative to BBW

Lancome Hypnnose Drama mascara- I got this in a mascara sampler from Sephora almost a year ago. It was nice, but nothing I would pay full price for. I have one more to go, a Marc Jacobs mascara. I also have an Almay mascara to use up

That's it for me, have a great weekend and see you all next week!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used up:

alterna caviar repair vitamin heat protection spray - full size- nice detangler. I didn’t notice any other benefits. This lasted awhile only because I don’t have heavy hair.  If you do, you will go through this quickly.  Not a repurchase.  Too expensive for a detangler. I have a ton of hair products so will find something in stash. 

isomers bb cream - full size- I really did like this.  Used it as my summer time moisturizer. Nice texture.  But not a repurchase.  No color.   Trying Lumene as my cc cream, not sure what I will use as moisturizer for winter.  I am sure I will find something to use up. 

Tossed: 

several products I know I won’t use for one reason or another.  It was painful but time to face reality of what I will and will not use and reduce the clutter.  I will do this a little at a time.  

Occasional Contributor

I used up:

Batiste Dry Shampoo a hint of color medium & brunette - love this. Use this as a touch up when my roots are showing. Replaced with the same.

Paula’s Choice Resist Triple Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion - faded my spots by about a third, so I would buy again.

Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough - absorbed well but not sure it did anything.

Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum fragrance free - liked this and did well unde foundation. I would buy again.

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel

I have not tried the Deep Steep body butter. Although I have seen them at TJ's. I'll have to try and pick one up the next time I am over there.  I know I wouldn't like the Brown Sugar or Vanilla. I am not a fan of those fragrances. I'll let you know if I pick up any of the D&S body butters.

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@aggravated@momoftwo2007@Leeny

Have you tried Deep Steep body butter?  I have purchased some at T.J. Maxx, and it is just wonderful.  I like the lotion too, but the body butter is my favorite.  I think they also have a hand cream, but I have not tried that yet.  The ingredients are nice in their products. 

I have and love mango papaya, lemongrass jasmine and pure coconut body butter (I'm not sure they make that one anymore).

In their body lotion, I have brown sugar vanilla and warm vanilla coconut.  I don't like those scents as much as the scents I have in the body butter, but they are light and not bad.

I have smelled some of the Korres stuff before, and I agree about the stuff not smelling good.  Not sure what's up with that.

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel

Your mom, sounds like my mother would give me Smiley Happy ha ha.

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

This week I used up:

-2 skin care samples.  One was a Clinique moisturizing gel, the other an Avon Anew cream.  Both are nice but neither one was something I would purchase.

I tossed:

-a scented Avon body lotion that was probably incredibly old (another thing my mom didn't want and gave to me).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel

Your mom, sounds like my mother would give me Smiley Happy ha ha.

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

This week I used up:

I tossed:

@Leeny  My mom hoards things like that and cannot bring herself to put them in the trash.  So I tell her that maybe I can use it, and I will take it home and see if it's still any good.  So I'm helping her clear out her clutter a little bit.  And I haven't lied to her, because I have told her I will throw it out if it's no good.  And if it was something that was still good, I would go ahead and find a way to use it myself.  But I knew that lotion was probably from the 90's or something, so...no.

I think she knows that I'm pretty reluctant to throw things away that still have life left in them, so giving something to me is her best bet when it comes to decluttering but not wasting anything.  LoL

I will occasionally remind her of certain things when we are going through some of her items.  For instance, the purpose of perfume is to make you smell good, so perfume that no longer smells good has no purpose.  That is the sort of thing that is obvious to most people, but when you have hoarding tendencies you find reasons to keep things like that.  So I remind her that if a makeup item doesn't look good on her, she should toss it, because makeup is supposed to make you look better.  I also try to remind her that things expire and bacteria grow in them, but that seems to be a much harder sell.  ::shrug::  What can ya do?  Mom's gonna do what she wants.