Super Contributor

TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up this Week 10/20?

Happy Friday Beauties,

It was a slow week for me. I didn't use up anything. What did yu use up?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up this Week 10/20?

Good Friday morning, @joseygirl.

Used up:

Gold Bond Neck and Chest cream - replaced with same.  Thanks to all on this board who recommended this product.  

Amara Organics Vitamin C serum - replaced with same again and again and again.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I used up:

Paula's Choice RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum-- It is a very nice product. I apply it at night, and it makes my face super soft in the morning. However, the serum feels very oily for a long time on my face before it sinks in overnight. That is why I am not in love with this product, and probably won't repurchase.

Tossed:

Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser-- I purchased it, because my mom says it is the best makeup remover in the world.  I tried it and used half of the jar, and decided that I really don't enjoy using it. It is too heavy and too fragrant.  I much prefer using micellar water or cleansing oil.

Have a great weekend, Beauties!  

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday!

I used up several things this week.

Sample tube of Lancôme Visionnaire Yeux Eye Cream replaced with sample tube of Lancôme Energie de Vie Eye Cream. I liked the Visionnaire and started the Energie tube last night.

Used up full sized bottle (6.8 Ozs.) Lancôme Eau Fraîche Douceur Micellar Water — received as a promo months back. Works very well at makeup removal on face; also comes with a pump for dispensing and it’s refillable. Replaced with a half bottle of Garnier Micellar Water in pink lid. 

Used up full sized bottle (6.8 Ozs.) Lancôme Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover. Replaced with same from my stash.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Happy Friday Everyone.  I have something this week!!  Small deal though it may be a Korres hand cream.  Their products work well and are very moisturizing.  My issue though, and believe I've said on this weekly thread previously, I don't care for ANY of their scents.  I've tried them all because I really do believe the products without scent would be wonderful.  I'm trying to use up the hand creams I have left and will not repurchase - three to go.

Have great weekends and see all of you next week here.

Respected Contributor

Hello!

Just two for me this week!

Dove Wintercare Bodywash, my favorite and I use it year round, none left in stash. Tried to purchase but Target isn't stocking it quite yet. Until I can repurchase I took the Caress Bodywash from one of the guest bathrooms!

Large tube of Gold Bold Healing Cream, I didn't like this so I will not repurchase it!

Everyone have a nice weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

Happy Friday Everyone.  I have something this week!!  Small deal though it may be a Korres hand cream.  Their products work well and are very moisturizing.  My issue though, and believe I've said on this weekly thread previously, I don't care for ANY of their scents.  I've tried them all because I really do believe the products without scent would be wonderful.  I'm trying to use up the hand creams I have left and will not repurchase - three to go.

@aggravated Very intersting. I thought I was the only one that didn't care for the Korres scents.  I purchased the Guava scent body cream and hand cream, since it is their number one selling scent. I love the texture and feel of the cream, but I really couldn't stand the scent. I had to give them away.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Friday Morning Smiley Happy

I used up a few things this week so here it goes:

1. Chanel No.5 Body Powder. 5.11oz size. Replaced with another I had in my drawer. I get this for Christmas almost every year as my oldest son knows I love it. Although I think I've mentioned it before I do not like the new box. It's very difficult to get the powder out. I know it's expensive so maybe they want it to be used sparingly. Smiley Happy

2.Shea Moisture Instant Rebound Eye Cream in a tube. I really like this eye cream. It has helped more than any of my other eye products I have used for my dark circles. I replaced with a sample jar of Lancome's Renergie lift multi-action eye cream. I don't know if I like this as I just started it. It seems to have  a fragrance and that is something I don't think we need in an eye cream. I will probably go into my back up drawer and pull out another Shea Moisture. 

3.Colgate Cavity fighting toothpaste. Replaced with the same.

4. A sample size of Josie Maran's Body Butter in the honeysuckle vanilla. I for one have very dry skin, but this butter is very oily. I didn't care for it at all. I used it on my feet and I wouldn't consider buying this. 

Well girls, that's it for this week.

See you all next Friday ~~

Have a Great Weekend.!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Beauties,

Nothing used up this week.  Hope to have something used up by next week.  Have a nice weekend.

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007

@aggravated

I agree with you. The Korres scents leave a lot to be desired. The only ones I have found that are ok, not great, but ok, are Fig and Apple Blossom in their shower creams. I know they always say that Guava is  their #1, but I don't agree.  I like their formulas, but not the fragrance.

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

@aggravated Very intersting. I thought I was the only one that didn't care for the Korres scents.  I purchased the Guava scent body cream and hand cream, since it is their number one selling scent. I love the texture and feel of the cream, but I really couldn't stand the scent. I had to give them away.