Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week?

I used up a bottle of Rapture shower cream from Victoria's Secret. I didn't replace it as it seems to be discontinued. I have a couple more stashed away somewhere. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

It's the end of the year and I will be tossing what is left of my pan that palette for 2016.  From the Laura Mercier Smoky Nude palette, I used up one shadow and hit pan on the other 3 shadows.  It started out fine, but over time it wasn't performing as well.  I won't be purchasing any more Laura Mercier eyeshadows as I have come to realize that I always go back to Urban Decay.

I am also tossing what's left of the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector.  It's very nice but I rarely use it and it's old.  The spongy applicator can't be sanitary anymore.  I won't be repurchasing it or any other lipglosses.  It's just not my preferred lip product.

Used Up:

Colour Pop Brow Pencil in Dope Taupe - This is a really nice eyebrow product but I never know when it's going to run out because the lead is not retractable.  I prefer the pomade version.

Lush Rose Jam - I really liked this scent for a while.  But I have grown tired of it and will be trying more naturally fragranced soaps which are paraben-free.  I was surprised to see that a Lush product contained parabens.

Esteemed Contributor

I tossed out a Joe Fresh white mattifying powder compact as the pressed powder was messy to use as the makeup brush grabbed too much powder because it wasn't pressed very well. That's it for the last week of the year.

Respected Contributor

Skinmate Shave cream

Bath and Body Kitchen Lemon Hand soap(-Replaced with lemon linen)

NeuropepititeFacial Cream( Dr.P.)

Olay Total Effects CC cream

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning.  I don't keep a "stash" like some of you, so when I empty a jar/bottle, I go buy a replacement. 

This week I used up:

Avalon Organics Vit C Intense Defense - I've used this brand for years and decided to try something new.  Replaced with Garnier Vit C sunscreen lotion.

ROC Retinol night cream - replaced with same, as usual.

BBW 'Hello Beautiful' Shea Butter body cream - replaced with BBW 'Magic in the Air' body cream.

Tossed:  Half bottle of Maybelline 'Fit Me' foundation - I just didn't like it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year Friends,

I have used up 112 items in 2016. I gave away 54 items. 166 all togeher. Of those 27 were Supersized. I am on the Compact thread and one goal I set for myself was using up or giving away as many Supersized as I could during 2016.

This is my list since last time I posted. Used up:

32 oz. Philosophy Pure Grace Lotion- a favorite. Replaced with same from stash.

32 oz. WEN Fall Ginger Pumpkin CC- nice. Replaced with 613 from stash.

18 oz. Softsoap Pomegrante Mango Shower Gel- used as handsoap. Replaced with Aqua Fusion Lavender Almond Bodywash from stash.

16 oz. Philosophy Eggnog 3 n 1- a favorite. Already have an open Philosophy Crispy Marshmellow Bar 3 n 1 in the shower.

Trader Joe's Fuji Apple Sea Salt Scrub- just ok, replaced with a TJ's Brown Sugar one from a set.

Gave away from stash:

32 oz. Philosophy Fresh Cream 3 n 1

32 oz. Philosophy Crispy Marshmellow Bar 3 n 1

16 oz. Philosophy Sparkling White Ginger 3 n 1

16 oz. Philosophy Melon Daquari 3 n 1

16 oz. Philosophy Barely Glazed 3 n 1

6 oz. Philosophy Snow Angel 3 n 1

6 oz. Philosophy Peppermint Stick 3 n 1

6 oz. Philosophy Sugar Plum Fairy 3 n 1

Thanks to all who post on this thread! It keeps me accountable and helps me see and track my progress in using my stash.

May you all have a Happy and Healthy 2017!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

Am scraping the bottle of Perricones eye serum. Been using it for several months and haven't seen much change---so will cross that off my list of things to replenish.

Esteemed Contributor

Finished a bottle of Rusk shampoo and threw out an old Revlon mascara.