Super Contributor

TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week?

Happy Friday Beauties,

I can't believe we are already going into May on Mon. Hope everyone had a good week and will be having a great weekend. This week I used up;

Avon Little Dot Violet Perfume Splash  - .14oz   This was in a limited addition holiday gift set a few years ago. It came with two others, Rose and Hyacinth. The Rose spilled out in the drawer I keep my perfumes in, and I used up the Hyacinth a few weeks ago.

Bath and Body Works Island Margaita Anti-Bacterial Hand Soap - 8oz  This scent has been discontinued.

Avon Anew Clinical Overnight Hydration Mask - 1.7oz  Replaced with same.

Yves Rocher Rose Absolute Perfume Spray- 1.7oz  This has been discontinued by the company. The top note are fresh and mildly spiced, middle notes are Turkish, Bulgarian and Morroccan rose, base notes are patchouli and tonka bean, if intrested and can find it on E-Bay.

Pure Silk Dry Skin Therapy Shave Gel - 8oz  Replaced with same.

What did you use up this week?

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week?

Happy Friday Beauties! I had a good week using up/tossing out items this week! 

This week I used up: 

Unconditional Love spray fragrance 2oz- I really like this scent but I am done with Philosophy. I want to replace it in the future with a dupe from PSS

Tarte travel size Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara- this was ok, I got it in a Sephora lash discovery set of 5 different brands. I wouldn't pay full price for it, I just can't justify spending over $20 on any mascara. The sample didn't last very long, dried up quickly. I replaced it with a travel size from Makeup forever 

Kroger facial cleanser 16oz- this was a generic for a Cetaphil knockoff- I never used Cetaphil so I can't compare, this cleanser was very watery and not my favorite, but it worked ok for morning showers. I replaced it with an Avalon Organics Vitamin C cleanser which I am actually really liking so far

Equate dry skin cream 6.5oz- I was looking for something to help with my terrible dry skin this past winter and picked this up as a Pond's knockoff. I didn't care for it at all, felt much to greasy for my face so I used it up on my neck and chest and even my arms and legs.

Tossed: 2 BE brushes that I never use. I only use two brushes, one for powder foundation in the summer and one for blush

Physicians Formula Shimmer strips eyeliner in black that was getting dry-I rarely use black eyeliner, don't care for it, but one comes in every set I get it seems

Ulta gray eyeliner- also came in a set and I just didn't care for the color. I didn't think I would but the set I got at Christmas was so inexpensive that it was cheaper to get a set of 5 than just to buy 2, so I got the set. I think next time I'll just get individual eyeliners, I really only like brown and purple anymore.

LA colors eyeshadow palette- I picked this up at the dollar store, it had 12 small shadows in it. I only used 3 of the colors, didn't care for the rest, pastel blues, purples, greens, so I tossed the rest. 

Whew! That's it for me this week! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

Isomers Glutathiosome high potency face serum - was good. Was an older item I had, glad to have used it up. Not a repurchase. 

Skinn body balm - was good, you know like a balm.  Not a repurchase.  Replaced with Mama Medicine balm, which was previously suggested on these boards. 

Not a lot for me is going to be a repurchase until I figure out what I am doing. I am finding a lot of these products unnecessary. 

Respected Contributor

Not much for me this week either.

TooFaced BTS Mascara- this was a travel size I received in something. I don't remember. I like this one, but I've discovered a mascara from the brand Essence that I really like and it's like $4 at Ulta. So I won't purchase full size. 

JM Argon Oil- I got this in a kit also. It was fine, but I know I can find a cheaper price for argon oil. I've switched a lot of my skin care to The Ordinary and am really liking it. 

That is it for me! Have a great weekend! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Beauties,

I tossed quite a bit due to expiration date:

Sure antiperspirant

Secret antiperspirant

Almay antiperspirant

Neutrogena Healthy Skin anti wrinkle night cream - won't repurchase.  Now using prescription retinol

travel size Crest toothpaste

Earth Science almond aloe moisturizer spf 15 - I need at least 30 spf so won't repurchase.

Vanicream spf 50 sunscreen - will buy again.  This is heavy but it does protect when you are outside for a long period of time.

Avalon Organics coq10 firming body lotion - ick, didn't like and didn't do any firming.

Honored Contributor

Didn't use up much this week 

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer Pencil in Dark Brunette shade replaced with same but in Brunette shade.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Hello Gorgeous Gang!

This week was not much for me! I used up a travel sized Up & Up Eye Make-Up Remover. Need to re-stock my traveling kits again.

I dropped a well used Smashbox Palette and it shattered into a million pieces....treated myself and replaced it with the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette.

That is it for the week!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Used up:

Soo Ae Coolagen Essence Vitamin Sheet Mask I got this from the Walmart beauty box. It's my first experience with sheet mask.  And I think I'll stick with the wash off mask.

OGX Argan Oil Shampoo this is a trial size. And I am really not impressed by it. Other cheaper drug store shampoos perform much better for my hair than this.

Tossed whole bunch of stuff:

Pacifica Moisture Natural lipsticks in nude red and superlove.  The colors are really beautiful, and it's very moisturizing. But it last no more than one hour.  

Ulta Lip Gloss in Cheerful.  It's too heavily fragranced.  Smells like candy.

Wet n Wild Coverall Correcting Pallete  It's one of those green, purple, white, yellow paleetes. I feel that the regular skin-toned concealer is much easier to use than this.

Maybelline Exper Wear Eyeshadow and Loreal Color Riche Eye Shadow these were about two years old. I have since found other eye shadow pallets that are more pigmented and better quality.

Korres Hand Cream in Guava 3 oz I wanted to try Korres and bought the Guava because it is the most popular scent for the company. But I cannot stand the scent. It really bothered me. 

Have a great weekend, Beauties. I always enjoy reading about your posts!

Super Contributor

This week I used up-

A box of 500 Q-tips, will repurchase

Was cleaning out my closet and found a big box of Smashbox make-up, mostly eye shadows, gave to my 12yo granddaughter to play with

Trusted Contributor

1.  Derma-e hydrating night Cream sample, OK nothing offensive about it, but did not me say wow.

2.Bliss foot patrol aha cream sample, OK but I would not buy a special foot cream.

3.Foreo night cleanser sample. I used this once, yuk, waxy, I had to use a different cleanser to get it off, I did not rinse off. Threw it away.