Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 9/11?

Good morning, Beauties!

I used up a bottle of Palmer's Skin Theraphy Face Oil.  As far as face oil goes, it is a very nice oil for a fraction of the fancy oil prices.  However, I found out the hard way that my skin doesn't do well with any kind of face oil, so I mixed it in with my body lotion and apply it on my body. It is especially great for the hands, knees and feet.  I have another bottle of face oil that I'll have to do the same.

Have a great weekend, Beauties! Share your empties and tosses.

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 9/11?

KORRES Olive Body Cream- Replaced with  Sea Lavender.  The one I used up on my feet was Peach Blossom which I did not like at all as too sweet smelling. It came in the Beauty Bag with Beauty Purchase.

Respected Contributor

Rather than using up product, I threw away a lot of brow products that didn't work.  

Urban Decay pencil that was a free gift from Macy's was indeed "creamy"....looked horrible and smeared all over.

Several CVS brand brow pencils and similar products:  so light that you had to almost tear the skin to get any color on it.  A " Tatoo " product was taken back because its application was ridiculous....didn't they test it before sending all the coupons for it ?

Bought several Stila Brow markers since LG markers no longer available.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Just tossed an empty tube of Grandelash. Will replace with a backup I purchased a while ago on sale. I live for this stuff! My lashes are really nice.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz  Might I suggest L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer Brow pencil? It is a twist up very thin pencil with a spoolie on one end. I think it comes in 5 colors & is cheap as far as brow products go  -- $9.99 - 10.99. 

I use their Light Brunette shade. It is similar to the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils in terms of consistency & feel. It doesn't migrate either as the day goes on. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@jlkz  Might I suggest L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer Brow pencil? It is a twist up very thin pencil with a spoolie on one end. I think it comes in 5 colors & is cheap as far as brow products go  -- $9.99 - 10.99. 

I use their Light Brunette shade. It is similar to the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils in terms of consistency & feel. It doesn't migrate either as the day goes on. 

@jlkz Agreeing with @JustJazzmom  L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definter Brow Pencil is great!

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Paula's Choice 1% Retinol Treatment sample - I was suprised how long it took to finish this sample size. It's a strong product. I've been using prescription tretinoin so I thought I could use this daily but I still need to use it every other day. I wanted to find a cheaper alternative to prescription tretinoin and this seems to be fine. I purchased the full size and like it.

Inkey List Hepta-Peptide - This was the second bottle I finished but I won't be repurchasing it. I found another product that includes peptides and other ingredients. I did like the packaging of this. It's in an airless pump. More products should come in airless pumps. It was also unscented which was nice.The texture was good too but I just want to cut back on the amount of products I'm using.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Didn't use up anything this week. Just wanted to wish everyone a good weekend.

Be well!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Regular Contributor

I finished up my last bottle of PTR shower gel. I have used this for years after he quit making the last version of shower gel, which was my favorite. I don't see it here or on his website so it looks like I'm out of luck.

Respected Contributor

Hi beauties - I used up:

Secret invisible solid lavender - replaced with same in powder fresh.  I really like this.

Paul Mitchell lemon sage body lotion - hotel size sample.  

Beautycology Tropical Cocktail hand wash -  purchased at TJM, probably won’t find it again.  I may reuse the pretty bottle.  Good pump, and it’s colorful.  Smelled wonderful.  Fruity.  

That’s it my friends. Have a good weekend!  Stay safe.