Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 8/4?

I actually used up a few products this week:

Marcelle gel cleanser -- no fragrance and will repurchase in the future.

Toppik -- replaced with one from my beauty stash.

L'Oreal Root touch up spray -- replaced with one from my beauty stash.

Now tossed out because I didn't like it:

Covergirl mascara -- the purple tube. Not my favorite as it doesn't curl my lashes.

Tossed because I don't like the big palette -- Quo contour palette. I only used one color of 3.

Respected Contributor

Just one thing used up for me this week!

L'Oreal Essential Oil Serum for hair. Love this and bought another bottle this morning!

Have a great weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Used up:

DIY toner - I made up another batch of witch hazel and orange blossom water (usually it's rosewater) for this month.  This is what I use to cleanse my face in the morning.

Respected Contributor

Hello Beauties,

I didn't have anything to report last week so I'm glad to have something for this week:

Kiddos actually used up 2 shower gels they had going at once, one from Suave and one from Silkience. They have always gone thru shower gel so quickly, I just get them really cheap stuff. I replaced it with another from Silkience. I get them from the dollar tree and they're cruelty free so it's a win-win. I actually only have a couple left so I need to make another trip to the dollar store soon

I tossed the remnants of a Doll 10 Hydrogel concealer and a Physicians formula Shimmer strips eye palette in Classic Nudes. The concealer was watery and didn't cover anything, I'm using a $4 Photo focus concealer from Wet N Wild that I actually like better. The palette was nice and I used quite a bit of it but it was a little too shimmery for me. I do like some shimmer in my shadows but this was a bit too much for me. I have other palettes here to work on

That's all for me this week, see you next week and have a great weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

@rnmom  Are you able to use the Wet N Wild Photo focus concealer under your eyes?  I'm on the lookout for something I can use under my eyes that doesn't look dry or accentuate fine lines, but is also not expensive.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl

Where do you purchase your orange blossom water? 

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Used up:

DIY toner - I made up another batch of witch hazel and orange blossom water (usually it's rosewater) for this month.  This is what I use to cleanse my face in the morning.

Respected Contributor

mistriTsquirrel- I do use the Photo Focus concealer under my eyes. It does settle into the fine lines a little bit, but EVERY concealer I have tried does, no matter what it claims or how much it costs. This one actually seems to settle the least so I prefer it. I did buy  e.l.f. under eye primer to use with it but I'm not sure that I can tell a difference with it or without it.

Esteemed Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

mistriTsquirrel- I do use the Photo Focus concealer under my eyes. It does settle into the fine lines a little bit, but EVERY concealer I have tried does, no matter what it claims or how much it costs. This one actually seems to settle the least so I prefer it. I did buy  e.l.f. under eye primer to use with it but I'm not sure that I can tell a difference with it or without it.

Thanks, @rnmom.  I was thinking about getting that elf undereye primer too.  It's only $3, I think.  Maybe I'll stick to putting a silicone-based face primer under my eyes before concealer.  That is probably just as effective.  Thanks for the tip on the concealer!!  I don't mind as much when they crease a little bit if I didn't have to pay $25 for the product.  I guess it's just a matter of finding one that creases less.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@Oshare-girl

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Used up:

@Leeny I get mine from a health food store.  It's from a brand called Indo-European.  It's actually in the grocery section of the store.  I wonder how people use this in food?  I also buy the rosewater from this brand.

Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl

Thank You, I will check this out at our health food store or the  local co-op.

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@Oshare-girl

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Used up:

@Leeny I get mine from a health food store.  It's from a brand called Indo-European.  It's actually in the grocery section of the store.  I wonder how people use this in food?  I also buy the rosewater from this brand.