Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 8/25?

I threw out 3 nail files that didn't have much grit left on them.  Replaced with one from Ulta.

I used up:

-the deep conditioner that came with my hair dye.

-Suave coconut conditioner.  Replaced with Alba coconut conditioner.  I like both, but the Alba stuff is thicker and more moisturizing.

-Lumene Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail.  I will replace it with another in my stash after I use up one of the other oils I have open.

That's it for this week.  I hope you have a great weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

It has been awhile so I have quite a bit.

Used up:

Yves Rocher Watermelon Shower Gel- nice used as hand soap, replaced with Yves Rocher lemon shower gel from stash.

2 Yves Rocher Pomegranate Shower Gel- my husband used these up, replaced with Yves Rocher Cotton shower gel from stash.

Philosophy Miracle Worker Moisturizer- nice, replaced with Algenist from stash.

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream- I liked this, but have many different moisturizers in the stash to use up. 

Dr.Hauschka Rose Nurturing Bath Essence- not a fan of Rose, and thought the formula was just ok.

Beekman Honey and Orange Makeup Wipes- to scented for me, but like the size and texture, replaced with Vanilla Absolute from the multi pack of the same brand.

Lalicious Sugar Kiss Body Scrub- nice scrub, not my favorite scent.

Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinol Pads- like these, replaced with Equitance Serum and Spot Corrector from stash.

Dr. Denese Advanced Firming Facial Pads- these had a lot of juice, I was able to get more use from putting several cotton rounds in to soak up the excess.

MD Solar Sciences Mineral Creme SPF 50-this was from a sun safety kit, it worked well, replaced with Peter Thomas Roth from the same kit.

Hourglass Ambient Palette- I am very proud of myself!! The whole thing is gone!! Can't say that I would repurchase this palette ( it was the original first one), while I liked the powders I am over the hype. I am working on a single of the Mood Light powder from stash. 

Fresh Sugar Plum Lip Balm- this was the huge size, like a regular lipstick, I wish I could get this again as the little guys always break on me, have lots of little ones in various colors in the stash to work through.

WEN 613 Styling Creme- replaced with Tea Tree from stash.

WEN CC- replaced with another from stash.

Philosophy Purity- replaced with same from stash.

2 Phyto Straightening Balms- just repurchased another, helps tame my frizz in the summer.

Ponds, Yes to Blueberries and Simple brand travel size makeup wipes 

Gave Away from stash

Philosophy Passion Fruit Daiquiri 3 n 1

2 packs of Neutrogena Makeup Wipes

Travel packs of WEN

Stay safe all and have a good weekend!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

@kathie66

What are your thoughts on the Yves Rocher shower gels? I've never tried them.

I'm just wondering, as they are interesting to me.

Occasional Contributor

This is from over the last couple months:

bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser - very nice, didn't sting my eyes and it removed all my makeup 

bareMinerals Extra Firming Neck Cream - first neck cream that I have seen a difference with.  It helped with the texture of the skin on my décolleté 

Josie Maran 100% Pure Arian Oil - I like this and use all over on my dry skin

Several Vit C products:

SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic - thought this was really good but too expensive 

Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol - liked this as well

Paula's Choice C15 Booster - as good as the above and more affordable 

Dr Denese Pro C Illuminating Defense Pads - the first Vit C product I had used and really saw a difference in my skin

I hope to post more frequently, and I also enjoy reading this thread.

Honored Contributor

finaly used up the Ovation hair therapy  scalp and hair treatment---I actually did like that one

also a mystery sample of shampoo from a beauty box, think it was from allure--turned out to be head and shoulders, I think

and---watered down the small bottle of 613 from Wen to use as a shower gel---worked pretty good, but will not be replacing.

Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel First, I have to admit to being a shower gel collector in the process of using up a huge stash, mainly Philosophy and Perlier, with other well loved brands in the mix also. I had a co-worker at work who kindly gifted me Yves Rocher for holidays and birthdays for some time, so I had several bottles of the brand. I like them for hand soap, while they are perfectly fine, they are just not my favorite brand formula, and scent-wise. I do enjoy them much more than Bath and Body Works, the scents are not as perfumey and strong to me as BBW. I like the citrus scents, I have a lemon one and an orange one in soap dispensers in the kitchen and bathroom now, and am enjoying them as handsoaps, they can be a tad drying as shower gels. The only one I would repurchase is Vanilla Bourbon, this scent was delightful! They are a good value, but besides the Vanilla Bourbon, I do not think I would go out of my way to purchase. For me, if it's passed on to my DH like the pomegranate, ( he was happy with this and is liking the cotton one he is using now) or down graded to handsoap it's not a repurchase for in the shower. But that being said, $8 for over 13 oz. is a great deal and worth a try, if it is not to your liking they make a great handsoap! Besides, Vanilla Bourbon, the scents I liked best in order were orange zest, lemon, and grapefruit. They also had a coffee scent that was nice as handsoap, but seem to remember that one as a bit drying but maybe it was just the time of year I used it. Sorry for the long winded answer, I tend to go on a bit about soap! Also, if you try the brand search for a coupon. Hope this helped. Have a great day! Kathie

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @kathie66.  I have dry skin, so maybe they wouldn't be the best choice for me.  However, most shower gels are drying, and I am in the habit of putting body lotion on after a shower, so maybe it wouldn't matter.

I agree with you about the B&BW scents.  Many of them used to be okay, but they have become much more perfumey over the years.  I'm finding that I'm sensitive to fragrance now, so that makes B&BW stuff less appealing to me.  Usually I can tolerate the shower gels, but some of the sprays I cannot.  

So I'm leaning towards more natural and light products in general.  Some of the things I used to love give me a headache now and aggravate my sinuses and throat.  Which really stinks because I've always been a huge fan of fragrance, and now I have to be careful with it.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!!  I may wind up trying it someday, but there are so many brands to choose from, and I have some in my stash to use up anyway.  I think I saw "pomegranate" and was like "wow...I'll have to check that out."  But I don't see pomegranate on their website anyway.  Oh well.  Maybe it's better if I don't get hooked on a brand when I still have stuff to use up!!

Honored Contributor

I LOVE the Yves Rocher shower gels and have been using them for at least 20 years now. Used to buy them to last for a year but now there aren't as many flavors as before, the usual thing with every company, pairing down after the recession. Just got a YR flyer a few days ago but have so much to use up, I won't be buying. Usually good prices for a good amount of product, but the amounts in a bottle have dwindled; the price still is the same and usually you can get 2 for one.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello beauties

I finished a say yes to carrots body wash.  Will not repurchase since I have lots of Korres body washes in my stash. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I LOVE the Yves Rocher shower gels and have been using them for at least 20 years now. Used to buy them to last for a year but now there aren't as many flavors as before, the usual thing with every company, pairing down after the recession. Just got a YR flyer a few days ago but have so much to use up, I won't be buying. Usually good prices for a good amount of product, but the amounts in a bottle have dwindled; the price still is the same and usually you can get 2 for one.

Thanks, @wagirl!!  I am still thinking about trying them, but I know I need to use up some of what I have first.  I have their website bookmarked though.  Do you buy yours directly from their website, or from someplace else?