Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 8/16?

Happy Friday, Beauties!

I used up

--one bar of Shea Moisture African Soap (I really like it, but now I have Beekman soaps to use up, since I just received the TSV)

--Covergirl Advanced Radiance Powder (I also really like it, but I also have Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten to use up, too)

--Yes to Tomato Blemish Clearning Facial Wipes (This will not be a repurchase.  I don't like the fragrance of the wipes, and I don't see any improvement to my skin using them).

That is all for me today.  How about you?  Share your empties.

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 8/16?

I used up

Urban Decay Spray Face Primer-Did not love or hate this.  Replaced with ELF from my stash

That was it for me!  Have a safe week, ladies!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Travel sizes of Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil shampoo and conditioner.  It's really luxurious stuff, leaves my hair silky soft and smooth.  But it has an odd smell - at first it seems pleasant but soon it becomes overpowering.  Hard to describe - almost like a milk smell.  Won't replace.

Also - my last tube of IT Hello Lashes.  I keep reading on this forum of the great love for Maybelline Great Lash, and I've made the switch.  With IT TIghtline as the base and Great Lash from Walmart, I'm very happy for less money!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My total is for a couple of weeks:

Josie Maran Body Butter in Vanilla - 8oz size.  Love this and replaced with the big daddy jar of unscented.

Origins Eye Doctor - full size.  This was okay.  Nothing that knocked my socks off.  I replaced with a GWP size of a Dr. Perricone eye cream.

Mary Kay Satin Hands - GWP size.  This is a nice hand cream but I'm not crazy about the scent.  I replaced with a larger size of Nivea Soft.

L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation - full size.  This was a big no.  This is so watery and thin it covers nothing.  I don't have a lot to cover but I want to even out my skin.  This did absolutely nothing.  I forced myself to use it because I bought it but I would never buy this again.  I replaced with the IT CC Cream Illumination.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - GWP Size.  This was in the Sephora b-day gift last year.  I don't know what the color was.  It was a brighter peach but really nice.  Stayed on great, applied easily, no smell.  I have several other blushes in my make-up bag I use.

Korres Body Wash in Water Lily - full size.  I wouldn't repurchase this.  In fact I wouldn't repurchase any Korres body washes.  They don't do anything for my skin and the scents aren't my faves.  I replaced with a Korres Pure Cotton because I bought a set of washes and now I have to use them.  LOL

Josie Maran Divine Drip Face & Neck Cream - full size.  I really like this.  I got this as part of a set that included 2 of these and one for the body.  I replaced with the same. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My total is for a couple of weeks:

Josie Maran Body Butter in Vanilla - 8oz size.  Love this and replaced with the big daddy jar of unscented.

Origins Eye Doctor - full size.  This was okay.  Nothing that knocked my socks off.  I replaced with a GWP size of a Dr. Perricone eye cream.

Mary Kay Satin Hands - GWP size.  This is a nice hand cream but I'm not crazy about the scent.  I replaced with a larger size of Nivea Soft.

L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation - full size.  This was a big no.  This is so watery and thin it covers nothing.  I don't have a lot to cover but I want to even out my skin.  This did absolutely nothing.  I forced myself to use it because I bought it but I would never buy this again.  I replaced with the IT CC Cream Illumination.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - GWP Size.  This was in the Sephora b-day gift last year.  I don't know what the color was.  It was a brighter peach but really nice.  Stayed on great, applied easily, no smell.  I have several other blushes in my make-up bag I use.

Korres Body Wash in Water Lily - full size.  I wouldn't repurchase this.  In fact I wouldn't repurchase any Korres body washes.  They don't do anything for my skin and the scents aren't my faves.  I replaced with a Korres Pure Cotton because I bought a set of washes and now I have to use them.  LOL

Josie Maran Divine Drip Face & Neck Cream - full size.  I really like this.  I got this as part of a set that included 2 of these and one for the body.  I replaced with the same. 

@Lipstickdiva That is exactly how I feel about Loreal Lumi. Not a good product.

Respected Contributor

Jelly Brow Tint- from HSN TS. Threw  out. Tried it four times and slept in it. No apparent brow darking and a waste of money.   My brows are getting lighter and still had to use brow color.

OPA Eau de Perfume-SKINN Smelled  nice but could  it smell on me and had to spray alot.  No compliments either so not replacing.

IT Matte CC spf 40- Replaced with the same as a great  summer foundation for Combo SKINN. Will go back to regular in Winter. I prefer Med. Neutral  to Med.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Friday!

I used up one item — a GWP travel sized bottle of Lancôme Bi-Facil Face Makeup Remover.

Would not buy — it is a blend of micellar water & Bi-Facil with not enough Bi-Facil in it. It took forever to remove face makeup & even then, the toner removed the rest of it. Terrible product. 

Donating Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation in Medium Light Cool Shade. It is too dark for my face (looks off from neckline). This is a great product that Urban Decay discontinued. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Tossed L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara.  This was my favorite and only mascara for 5+ years -- it's been flaking and smearing on me the last 2 tubes.  What the heck?  Did L'oreal change the formula?    

@PilatesLover-- I'm also giving Great Lash a try.   Only used it one day and can't really make a judgment yet.  It took 2 coats to get the same coverage as one coat of L'oreal.  But it hasn't smeared.   

Used up Amara Beauty Retinol Cream.   Replaced with same, as always.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy weekend ladies.  I used up:

Nail polish remover pads.  Good for travel, don’t use these weekly. Will replace.  

Pears soap - mainly to clean my mu brushes with this.

Santa poo pourri - Replaced with original.  Love this product.  A 4 or 5 bottle set I bought last year.  

That’s all ladies.  Have a great weekend!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I chucked out a Sally Hansen Quick Dri nail polish because the color didn't go on very smoothly. They were hard to make look nice on my hands.

I also gave away some unused boxes of hair color because I won't be using them now that I've found a brand and color I like to do root touchups.