Trusted Contributor

TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 7/26?

[ Edited ]

Hello Friends,

Figured I would get the thread started this week hope that is ok.

Used Up:

Skinn Olive & Enzyme Cleansing Cloths- I love these! Will replace with It Makeup Wipes in the stash, unless I have another pack of these in stash. Have them on auto-delivery and pushed it back to use up some others in stash. I will miss using them, hope there is another pack in there! Edited to add: Yes, I do have one last pack of the Skinn ones! Woohoo!

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue in Natural- a favorite, replaced with same from stash.

What did you use up this week?

Have a good weekend!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 7/26?

Used up:

-sample of DermaDoctor Kakadu C Brightening Daily Cleanser, Toner and Makeup Remover.  This was okay, but too expensive for what it is.  And it didn't get all of the mascara off.  So...not for me.

-Soapbox Coconut Milk and Sandalwood Body Wash.  Not wild about the scent, so I used it up as hand soap.

-Daily Defense Moisturizing Shampoo.  A dollar store shampoo I mixed in with the Soapbox stuff to use as hand soap.

-Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair shampoo and conditioner samples.  One use.  Not sure how I feel about it.  Too expensive anyway.

-a Honey Sweetie Acres goat milk soap.  Replaced with another of same brand.  These are okay, but not great.  Will not order again, because they are no better than regular bar soap.

-Mill Creek Botanicals Candy Cane lotion.  I like this lotion, but am glad it is used up.  Was getting sick of using peppermint lotion in the summer.

Tossed:

-two eyeshadow singles from Looxi.  They had a strange goopy consistency.  I don't understand it, because they were each different finishes, and the other singles I bought from them aren't this soft.  It is like someone put a cream in a pan.  Really weird.

That is all for the past 2 weeks for me.  I hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

I used up half a box of Nice n' Easy hair color in the old formula to do a root touchup. That leaves me with only 1 box left. I'm going to save this box until I find a brand I want to use to color my roots. I also have some Revlon Colorsilk in medium brown 41 but I don't like it as much as the old formula of Nice n' Easy. There's a new Sally Beauty store that I'm going to have to visit to see what they have in hair color.

I also tossed out 2 Rimmel lipsticks. They dry down too matte for my taste and the color was average.

I used up a container of Marcelle eye makeup remover pads and bought another one today.

I bought some new Sigma Beauty makeup brushes this week and so I decluttered some travel Japonesque makeup brushes that I think the quality isn't that good. I think a few of the Japonesque ones were natural hair brushes too as they smelled like a wet dog when washed and I am not into using natural hair makeup brushes anymore.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi beauties. —  I used up:

opi top coat. . Love shiny nails. Replaced with a china glaze topcoat.  

Vaseline — small container

tossed - two old Mally shadow sticks.  Too glittery for me.

Thats it.  Have a good weekend!!

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Muji Moisturizing Milk Light - This was a recommendation from Gothamista as a good, cheap moisturizer. It was fine but I prefer the belif ones. The good thing was that it was unscented.

Briogeo Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray mini - This was a nice leave-in treatment. I love the scent of this line. I would repurchase it but want to try the one from Alterna. 

Living Proof Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner mini - I really like the way these smell. I'm not sure if they will extend my color, but I'm willing to purchase the full size.

Canmake Jelly Gloss Stick No. 2 - I really liked this lip gloss in stick form. I got it in Japan last year, and now it's been discontinued. It was glossy but not too thin. And a pretty red-orange color. It was a tiny size. It was gone in 6 weeks, using it daily.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This week I used up:

L'Oreal True Match Foundation, I must be the only person who cannot get a true match with this stuff! Not buying again, have found other foundations that truly are a match!

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Cream, not a repurchase, like others better!

Tossed:

2 LA Girl Shady Slim Brow pencils, wrong color (not cool enough) and formula was not to my liking.

MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, dropped it on the tiles and it shattered. Fortunately I have Painterly on hand!

Enjoy the weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

Hello to all and happy weekend!

This week I used up:

Tarte Colored Clay CC undereye corrector in the lighter shade.  I've repurchased this many times but am trying out the Benefit Boing concealer that used to be called Erase Paste.  

Paula's Choice Super LIght Wrinkle Defense spf 30.  This has been a favorite but now using an Elta MD sunscreen that I really like.

Garnier Nutrisse after-coloring conditioner, working through my stash and have 4 left.  

Respected Contributor

Pretty much down to the last of the Tarte Rainforest foundation from the TSV. That TSV was a hit or miss: the lipstick and shadows were chalky. That palette was in no way as good as others I've had from Tarte.  I ended up loving the foundation but my autoship second order was canceled. No matter, I can always get a better match of the foundation online as the TSV had limited shades anyway. 

I ended up likiing that foundation a lot. The dropper was a bit funny but it worked and I like Tarte products over all. 

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday!

Almost finished with a travel sized tube of Urban Decay Original Eye Shadow Primer. Replacing with a full sized tube of Urban Decay Anti Aging Eye Shadow Primer.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

SKINN Olive and Enzyme Cleanser- Replaced with same  but  not happy with the tube vs. Pump  and smaller amount in the tube. I love the product but looking at alternatives. I also dislike hunting down  my favorite products from SKINN like Take the Weekend Off which I like and nearly out if. It is not offered on HSN.