Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 7/10?

Good morning, Beauties!

I used up a bottle of Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel. It is a very nice cleanser, and I like it a lot.  It is pretty expensive, so I only buy it when it is on sale or in a kit.

I also used up a mini size of Perlier Honey Ligiria Lavender Hand Cream.  It is a pleasant fragrance, but not my favorite Perlier scents.

That is all for me this week.  Share your tosses and empties.

Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 7/10?

Good morning.  My list is from a couple of weeks and lots of samples.  I like to take those when we are camping so I don't have to pack full-size products. I also need to use this stuff up before it goes bad.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer - sample packette.  This seemed really, really nice.  The sample was only enough for one use though and many times if I'm going to break out, it takes 2-3 uses for that to happen.  I'm not a big primer person and this is an expensive product so not something I'd buy.

L'Oreal Rosy Tone Eye Brightener - sample packette.  I did not like this at all.  It wasn't moisturizing enough.

Ole Henricksen Truth Serum - sample packette.  This was enough for a couple of days.  Seemed nice but probably not something I'd spend the money on.

Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye - sample packette.  This was enough for at least a weeks worth of nighttime use.  I have to say I really, really liked this.  It's not crazy expensive for an eye cream and I would purchase this.

SuperGoop Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 - sample packette.  Yuck.  I didn't like this at all. Way too heavy for my skin.  I wouldn't buy this.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 - full size.  This was a decent, cheap moisturizer.  Nothing great but wasn't bad.  

Laura Geller Eyeshadow in Creme - full size.  This was a base shadow I used all over my entire eye area.  It was part of a 31 days of holiday palette I bought.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - full size.  This was a nice cream and I'd probably buy it again for summer but it wouldn't be enough for my winter dry skin. 

Hope everyong has a good weekend and stay healthy!

Honored Contributor

I'm able to manage w/o a lot of products.  Soap and water work just fine for me. 

My one product that I won't give up - Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream.  I used up one jar this week - but I had six more jars in the closet - I'll never run out.  I've used this for years.  When I'm down to 2 jars, I order 4 more.

Same with all the stuff I use on my hair.  I buy multiples and always have backups.  My hair is gettng to be an obsession now that I've grown out the gray, and experimenting with hair styles for my wavy hair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this qualifies as using up---ordered Tweak'd restore all purpose cream---you can use it on the body or face---OMG---put some on my face and had to wash it off ASAP  as it made my skin itch like crazy--and the scent was awful too----the coco nutty----sent it back--not a fan of this line anymore--loved Ojon.

But I did use up a 1/2 bar of beekman soap--I cut them in 2-- much easier to handle. I started using that as my shampoo and oh my, it is a wonderful thing for my hair. Now have arcadia in my shower and for my hair--what a lovey scent. 

Used up samples of IT moisturizer--meh

used up JoseM argan milk--meh

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,    I ran out of my corn startch baby powder by Johnson & Johnson.  I need to buy more.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Stay safe.  Hopefully, in the near future there will be a vaccine for this awful virus.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi beauties. I used up:  

BBW white citrus lotion - this was a hotel sample.  Trying to use up dabs of samples around.

BBW peppermint twist foaming soap.  I gifted this to someone that was out of hand soap.  She couldn’t find foaming hand soap anywhere.  Glad to share.  

tossed -  two old Avon lipsticks.  I’ve not bought Avon forever, so not sure how old these were.  Gone! 

Have a a great weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used up:

-a sample of Fourth Ray Beauty AM to the PM Gel Cleanser.  This was okay.  Not something I would purchase for my dry skin though.

-a bottle of B&BW Forever Sunshine body wash.  Used up as hand soap.

-a Leaders 7 Wonders Amazonian Acai Anti-Pollution Sheet Mask.  This was part of a variety pack.  It was okay, but I still like the olive one best.

-a sample of Saturday Skin Waterfall Glacier Water Cream.  This was fine, but I prefer something more moisturizing.  Figured I could use it during summer though.

-2 sample packets of Ole Henriksen Truth Serum.  This was nice.  I'm not sure if I will purchase it or not.  Using another bottle of Mad Hippie vitamin C serum, but may switch to something else after that is gone.

That is everything for this week.  Hope everyone is safe and well. Heart

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Essence The Gel Nail Polish in Dreaming of Love - This was a really nice polish and I got it for less than $1! It was a small bottle but I prefer that. It took 2 years to use it up on my toenails. I wish they still sold it but I can't find it in the stores. 

Tossed:

3 ColourPop pressed shadows (Bel Air, Locked & Loaded & no name) - These are the last of my CP shadows. I had significant pan in Locked & Loaded. I don't like CP shadows because they look very different on the eye than in the pan. I never know what I will get until I use them.

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Do Me (mini) - This was a freebie which I used a lot. It's just too matte for my preference and no sense in trying to use it up.

Supergoop Shimmer Shade in First Light - I used up a lot of this. Even though it hasn't reached it's expiration date, it's time to go. I notice that after I take off my makeup, my eyes itch like crazy when I had this product on. It's been open over a year but doesn't expire until 09/2020. I guess that's when the SPF is expired. I'm not sure if I would repurchase it. It's a nice idea to have SPF for the eyelids, but all the shades are shimmers and I usually use it as a shadow base and would prefer a matte shade. 

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties!

I used up:  Essence Volume Booser lash primer- I really like this and replaced it with the same.

Essence Lash Princess False effect mascara- I really like this too and replaced it with the same, only I got the waterproof version to try because the regular version would smear under my eyes sometimes.

Everyday Minerals jojoba base beige 3N .17oz- I've been using this exclusively at work for a few months since we've had to wear masks. I replaced it with a Pur 4-in-1 pressed powder foundation. I like the ease of the Pur, but actually think I prefer the Everyday Minerals for wear and finish. I will buy another one.

Tossed: Naturally G4U Glow girl 20% Vitamin C with lemon peel 1oz- I really wanted to like this but no matter how small of an amount I used my face would feel tacky all night after I put it on. It never went away and I can't stand it when my face is sticky. It actually was a free gift, but I still felt bad tossing it even though I didn't like it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Used up a pump bottle of  Amara Beauty Retinol Cream - my auto-shipment of same arrived the next day.  Great timing!

@ALRATIBA -- I used Avon's DFC for a decade, at least.  Excellent product!   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt