Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 6/7?

Aveeno Positively Radiant face wash. Until my dying day I will not understand why companies put perfume in face wash - especially that sting your eyes. Replaced with Neutrogena hydro boost gel wash 

Palmers Coconut Conditioner.  Decent. Replaced with Aussie 3 minute Conditioner 

Respected Contributor

For me this week:

Essence Lash Princess Mascara, replaced with same.

PUR lipgloss in DIY. Just Ok. I really like the new Milani glosses better, I bought 4!

Enjoy your weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Used up:

-Olay Fresh Outlast Soothing Orchid and Black Current body wash.  This was okay.  I don't know if they make it anymore though.  But it smells nice and isn't drying.

-Dollar General Spring Breeze body wash.  I used this as hand soap.  It smells really nice.

-Badger Lip Balm in Tangerine Breeze.  I like this because I don't have to keep reapplying it every 5 minutes, but it's not super thick either.  I replaced it with another Badger Lip Balm in my stash.

-a tiny little sample bottle of Akar Skin Nutrient Boost Eye Serum.  This was okay.  It was just an oil blend.  I used it at night, and it was pretty good.  Not sure where you buy it though.  I think I got it in a sample bag.

I tossed:

-an Avon Mark Eye Crayon.  I don't remember if this was better when it was new, but it's not that good now.  So out it went.

-a jar of O'Keefe's Working Hands Hand cream.  I really don't like the way this feels on my hands or on my feet.  It feels like they have a rubbery coating on them after the cream dries down.  Really odd.

-2 Perricone products my mother gave me that were years old.  No way I was going to put those on my face after they'd been sitting in her closet for so long.

-a tube of lip balm from Honey Sweetie Acres.  Unfortunately the formula does not have enough wax in it, and you have to reapply frequently.  I don't like that. 

That is all for this time.  I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend!!  🌼

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

I used up a Physicians Formula green tea beauty balm. It's OK as the first step in a double cleanse and it's not too expensive but I won't repurchase it as I don't like jar packaging. I've decided to use up my Tatcha camellia cleansing oil as I bought it 2 years ago and have quite a bit left.

I also used up some face, neck, and feet sheet masks. I've bought various Korean made ones to try out. I also gave some of the really fragranced ones that were unopened away. Since I don't know how some of them are when I buy them but they aren't expensive, I decided not to keep ones I don't like since I have ones that I do like.

I went through my nail polishes and decluttered some. While I like the look of glitter polishes, I don't like how difficult they are to remove.

I used up and tossed out a Clinique chemical SPF 30 sunscreen spray. It's OK but nothing special and I won't repurchase it. I'm still working on a Shiseido chemical SPF 50 sunscreen spray which I'll use up this summer.

I decluttered some new, unopened Maybelline mascaras as the one I'm using bothers my eyes so the backup mascaras got donated. I also donated some unopened canadian Marcelle foaming face washes as I want to use asian brands instead.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone.  We were away for the weekend and I'm having fun reading all your posts.  Hope you all had a great weekend!

This week I used up:

A Pacifica lipstick in Nudie Red.  I don't wear reds; this was really a nude darker pink.  I had to wear a tan nude lipstick over it to make it work.  I am trying to use all my not-perfect lipsticks by combining colors to make one that works for me.

Paula's Choice skin balancing toner.  Always a repurchase. 

That's it for me.  Have a good week!

Respected Contributor

I just remembered that I just used up Armani Aqua Di Gioia perfume. I won't re-purchase. Kenzo Lotus Spray Mist for Face & hair.(discontinued)