Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 6/23?

Good Morning Beauties and Happy Summer~~

I just have a couple of things I used up this week.

1. Yves Rocher Liquid Hand Soap in Lavender. I really like this scent and will probably be a repurchase later on. I am now using my Cetaphil 

foaming cleanser as a hand wash since I have a rash on my ring finger. It is almost all cleared up.

2. B&Body Works Fresh Balsam room spray. I replaced with the same. I really like this scent and it lasts a long time. I would say at least 6-8 months. 

3. Sephora Sample of their 10HR foundation in #10 Ivory. This is a nice color for me and I like the finish with this one. I would purchase, but I have other things to use up first.

That's it for this week. Have a Wonderful Weekend and I will see you all Next Friday~~

Respected Contributor

TGIF to ALL!

Finally finished a 32 oz. Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Wash. Never buying anything Philosophy again. Too drying and the scent lasts exactly 2 seconds. Lemon Custard was an all time favorite too, of course that was prior to the sale to Coty! Now to finish the body lotion and I'll be over it. Ultimately, I have decided that there are cheaper, more moisturizing products out there. I am still in love with Dove Wintercare and Caress Burnt Sugar Pomegranate.

I tossed a handful of stubby, well worn  lipliners. My current favorites are Urban Decay 24/7, NYX Slide On Lipliner, and the stain liner from IT.

Until next week!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I used up a Suave Professionals conditioner and replaced it with the same type.

I threw away:

-the Elf small stipple brush.  I didn't think it looked good quality-wise when I pulled it out of the packaging, but I tried to use it to apply their cream blush anyway and it was no good for that.  However, I've thrown out brushes I didn't care for and then found a use for them later, so I decided I was going to hold onto it for a little while.  I washed it (along with 3 other brushes, and those all did fine).  I kept trying to rinse the soap out, and it just stayed in there.  Then it seemed like the soap was gone, but there was a slimy residue running down the handle from the ferule, so I rinsed it more.  I set it out to dry and checked it later.  It appeared to still have suds in it, so I rinsed it again, and it seemed okay.  Then I checked it again, and the mysterious suds had re-appeared.  At that point I just threw it in the trash.

-the Elf Color-Correcting Stick that says "Correct Dark Circles (Light Skin Tones)."  When I put it on I looked like I should be in the hospital.  It was definitely not made for light skin tones, and the consistency was not good either.

-an inappropriately-named "Expert Wear" eyeshadow single.  It was the shade "Seashell."  There was no pigment to it at all.  So if you want to be an "expert" at wasting money, I recommend this shadow.  LoL

-an old Avon Clearskin tinted moisturizer.  My mother gave this to me in a box of foundations she didn't want.  The expiration date was hard to read.  When I was able to make it out, I realized it said "2006."  Yikes.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone.  Thanks @joseygirl for the thread again this week.  Nothing to report!  Every week I really enjoy and do remember the comments, reviews and the products mentioned.  Happy weekends, Beauties!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got through a couple things this week:

TooFaced BTS Mascara- this was a deluxe size sample and it started to get clumpy, so I tossed it. I won't purchase this as I have an Essence mascara I like and it's like $4.

Dr. Jart Water Drop Moisturizer - this was also a deluxe sample and it's very nice and hydrating, but I have a couple moisturizers that I want to get used up. 

Thats it! Have a great weekend! 🙂

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used up:

Kahina Giving Beauty Body Serum - This came in a Beauty Heroes box as the "Side-kick" product.  I mixed it in with my body lotion but didn't notice that it did anything special.  Not a repurchase but I will reuse the beautiful glass bottle it came in.

Glide Floss - Woohoo, used up floss!  It was a sample from the dentist.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil - This clogged my pores so I only used it to wash sunscreen off my hands and clean my brushes.  Replacing with a cleansing oil from Marukai, which isn't my favorite for face cleansing but good for washing brushes.

ELF Small Tapered Brush - I have 2 versions of this brush.  The older one is slightly more pointed and dense.  The newer version is more fluffy and not as durable.  It started shedding and the ferrel is loose.  Love the older version.

Osmia Organics Lavender Shea soap - This is fine but didn't even last a month.  Not a repurchase.  Replacing with the Fresh Sugar Lychee bar soap.  Hope this one lasts longer.

Contributor

Greetings. This week I actually used up a body wash!  I like to rotate several washes at a time as I like a different scent each day.   The one I used up this week has been in my stash forever.  It is called Dial Clean and Fresh Antibacterial Body Wash in Tropical Escape.   It was just ok, it probably isn't even made any more.  

Getting close to the bottom of a 64 oz. Philosophy Lemon Custard body wash, but not there yet!  

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

LaVanillaVanilla Passionfruit Body Butter-just ok, replaced with C. Booth Skin Below the Chin Lemon Ice Body Lotion from stash.

Dr. Denese Defense Day Cream SPF 30-nice, a little to thick for this time of year for me, replaced with Peter Thomas Roth Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 30 from stash.

Philosophy Pure Grace Spray Fragrance- love, replaced with same from stash.

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads-meh, not a repurchase. Replaced with Dermae lemon face scrub from stash, which smells great, I'm on a lemon kick. 

Marc Jacobs Midnight in Paris Skyliner-this is the best eyeliner for me, love it, replaced with same. 

L'Occtaine Shea Body Scrub-ok, not a repurchase. Replaced with a LaLicious Scrub from stash.

Gave away:

Philosophy Passion Fruit Daiquiri 3 n 1

Have a good weekend all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

The last of a bottle of the original Ojon volumizing shampoo, sigh. Next to use up is a bottle of Ojon hydrating shampoo. That old stuff was great.

I'm doing a major cleanout of the bathrooms this week, so I should have a nice long list next week.

Respected Contributor

Jergans Wet Skin Natural Glow Moisturizer.  Enhances tan from the sun. No odor and easy to apply. Repurchased and use Med./Tan.