Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week? 6/21

@momoftwo2007  It looks like I won't be coming around much as it takes me forever to use something up.  It has been nice.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@momoftwo2007   Although I didn’t participate for a while on this weekly thread, joseygirl starting this thread has really made me make much more mindful purchases this past year.  My beauty stash is STILL too large, but it is MUCH smaller than a year ago.  I can now see shelf space in my beauty bookcase (I know, three large shelves of everything beauty! Pathetic, yep). At least it didn’t turn into a beauty closet.  Thanks for keeping this weekly thread going.

@lynnie61 Same here!  This thread made me make much more mindful purchases, too!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@momoftwo2007  It looks like I won't be coming around much as it takes me forever to use something up.  It has been nice.

@Katcat1 There are many people who participate here that don't use anything up weekly.  I often post, "I didn't use up anything this week."   It is just fun to see what people used up, and what they think of the product.  You can always comment here without using something up.  I often comment on other people's post when they use up something, and said "I like that product, too."  

Respected Contributor

Today I used the last drop of Carol’s daughter head to toe monoi oil. I use it in the shower as 5-6 drops added to my conditoner after shampooing. I’m also down to the last serving of Goop Himalayan pink salt scalp scrub. Love that stuff. I’m impressed with how much stuff some of you ladies can use up! Go girls. Use it all. Be gorgeous.

New Contributor

Long time lurker, first time posting on this subject which I think is an excellent idea. 

I used up an Anastasia Brown Wiz and replaced it with an It Cosmetics Brow Power.  I like the Anastasia pencil better because I tend to have a heavy hand.  The It Pencil feels likes a sharpie.  Also used up an Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.  It was kinda of drying out since I've had it too long in my stash.  Have used this item before.  Wasn't unhappy.  Now I using something from Kat Von D.  

I have entirely too much stuff which is why I'm thriled to finish something and go to the stash before the store.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Respected Contributor

Just as an FYI, joseygirl wasn't the first author of this thread. There was another poster who actually used to start it every week even before joseygirl. It's been so long that I can't remember her name, but that's how long this thread has been around!

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy this thread even tho I don't have a "stash."  I don't buy a new product until I use up the old one.  And I'm happy with the few products I use and re-purchase all the time.  But still, I love to read what products others are using, and what they like and don't like and why.  Who knows, I might read about a product that I find so interesting, I'll go out and buy it.  

This week, I didn't empty one bottle or tube.  Guess I need to get busy!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I used up Essie nail polish in Imported Bubbly. I will look if they still carry the shade. It's a sheer white with a tinge of pink, very pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm late to the party but after I got back from Las Vegas on Friday, I looked through the makeup and skincare I brought to Las Vegas including travel items I was thinking of bringing but didn't.

I decluttered a decanted 1 oz airless pump bottle of a japanese Menturm sunscreen as I had a BB cream in the bottle beforehand and it tinted the sunscreen which isn't what I wanted. I also tossed out a small travel size bottle of a japanese Sun Bears sunscreen as it was heavily scented with mint which I didn't like.

I also tossed out Covergirl's new full coverage concealer (the one with the big buckfoot wand and the black and white striped wand handle) that's trying to be a dupe for Tarte's Shape Tape. It looked awful in Las Vegas and emphasized dry undereye circles.