Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 6/16?

Estee Edit is all on sale on the Estee Lauder website.  Lipsticks $15.40, a pale blue brightening powder $22, skincare especially for under the eyes, eyeshadows, moisturizers, etc.  Great prices.  Just thought I would let you all know.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!

Used up:

Supersize tube of IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Light (replaced with same), Regular size tube of the Medium, (replaced with travel sized version in Medium).

It Cosmetics Gloss in Love, got in a kit and loved it!

Tossed:

It Cosmetics Lipstick in Love, didn't like this at all but loved the Gloss above!

Fake Bake Liquid Spray Tanner

St Tropez foam tanner, have decided after 20 plus years of fake tanning that if I need a tan for a special occasion, I'll go to the pros and have it done....I AM OVER THE WHOLE AT HOME PROCESS!!!! 

Enjoy the Weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I am tossing a UD eyeshadow single in WOS.  It's mostly used up but has started to crumble.  I have a similar Inglot eyeshadow so I decided to toss it and move on.  It's nice but I wouldn't repurchase it.  There are a lot of similar things for much cheaper.

Also tossing a tube of RapidLash.  I haven't used this in months.  I used to love it but now I'm satisfied with my lashes as is.

Super Contributor

This week I used up-  First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream...

This week I used up-

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream 4oz, a great foot cream, more in the stash but now using JM body butter on my feet

Colgate liquid gel toothpaste 4.6 oz, replaced with the same,  really like toothpaste in a bottle, not as messy

Threw out one eye shadow

Esteemed Contributor

@joseygirl  Orange Sapphire is a blast from the past!!  I kind of miss that one, but they brought back Mango Mandarin and I actually prefer it to the Orange Sapphire.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

Happy Friday, Beauties!  This week finished a Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Moisturizer with color.  I've used this for two summers and often on the weekends.  Not a lot of color but a nice finish.  As usual when I like something, it is no longer offered so I have just now ordered his newer CC cream with the anti-aging in a light medium (I'm afraid it will be too light for Summer but will see when it gets here).  Have great weekends.

@aggravated  Yes!!  So sick of that.  If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have such a tendency to stockpile some of my beauty staples.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have quite a few things this week.

Tossed:

-an Avon foundation that didn't look good on my skin (I don't remember the name, but I think it's discontinued).  My mother gave me several foundations she doesn't like, so I'm working my way through them to figure out if any are worth keeping.

-Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Translucent Illuminator.  I bought this to brighten up a foundation that was flat.  I threw out the foundation, and this does nothing for me on its own...and there wasn't much left anyway.

-an Avon eyeshadow brush with horribly coarse bristles.  It felt prickly whenever I tried to apply eyeshadow with it.  Not pleasant.  Also threw away an Avon sponge-tip eyeshadow applicator that fell apart on me mid-application.  Will have to go through the rest to see if any of them are still good.

-Laura Geller Spackle in "Ethereal."  Had a weird pink shimmer to it and didn't work that well as a primer, so I just pitched it.

-Avon liquid deodorant.  Smelled like cologne or perfume...not in a good way.  I tried to like it but couldn't.

-One of my homemade lip balms.  The recipe I used was a dud.  I cleaned out both containers and saved them for my next attempt.

Used up:

-a small package of unscented baby wipes that I use for various purposes.  Replaced with same.

-a Scunci hair clip that broke after lots of use.  I love these things, and I use them all the time.  Replaced with same.

-Andalou Naturals Meyer Lemon Creamy Cleanser.  I really like this cleanser, but I need something specifically for dry skin right now, so I replaced it with Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk.  I'm hoping I can get my skin in better condition.  If/when I do, I will probably be repurchasing the meyer lemon cleanser.

-Salon Selectives shampoo.  Used up as hand soap.

-Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner.  Glad to be going back to my Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil leave-in.  I'm hoping I don't have another of the Alba leave-ins at my mother's house, because I prefer the Giovanni.

Respected Contributor

Kirkland wipes - 30 pack - these are fine.  I have another 15 pack but will not repurchase after they are done.  I have so many cloths I can use and will start using those. Trying to be a bit environmentally friendly. 

Trader Joe's nourishing facial cleanser- too drying for me in the winter. Finished the last quarter as hand soap.  May be okay in the summer but not a repurchase. Replaced with Pacifica quinoa cleanser.  Besides the scent I like it so far. 

Donated or gave away about 15 or so items, everything from toothpaste to mu.  Either didn't work for me or just don't use. I can do more and will but have to do it in spurts. 

Contributor

Greetings.  This week I used up one item. Laura Geller InkCredibleWaterproof Gel Eyeliner in Brown Eyed Girl. I prefer black eye liner, but this came in a kit.  It was okay, would not repurchase in brown. Will replace with something from stash. It takes me FOREVER to use stuff up!  

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties!

I got thru a couple of things this past week. I used up:

A generic unscented lotion 8oz- I replaced it with Dermasil from the dollar store. I like to have at least one unscented lotion in the house 

Exclamation spray cologne 1.7oz- I used this years ago, as a teen/young adult and bought another bottle to try as a walk down memory lane. I didn't enjoy it as much as I remembered liking it, so I won't be repurchasing

Pure extra virgin coconut oil 16oz- I used this to remove my makeup at night. It worked really well and didn't make me break out. I have a couple other makeup removers/cleansers here to use up, but I would consider repurchasing this again. The only downside is I have to use a spoon to scoop it out of the container

That's it for me, have a great week everyone!