Valued Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 6/1?

Just got back from a beautiful wedding near Traverse City, Michigan.  Hope you all had a great weekend!

This week I used up:

Paula's Choice Resist Treatment eye cream, replaced with same.

Paula's Choice Super Light Wrinkle Defense spf 30.  I have used this for years but have moved on to a Korean sunblock which I like a bit better.  

Travel size of Native deodorant unscented, have used a few of the regular size of this aluminum free deodorant and it is great.  Replacing with one of their scented ones.  

Esteemed Contributor

I tossed out a few products this week:

Secret Clinical antiperspirant. I think I'm allergic to this as it caused me to have itchy underarms which I of course scratched like crazy.

Arm and Hammer scented antiperspirant. This has a manly fragrance that's obvious and doesn't disappear. I bought this by mistake when I was really going to buy the unscented version that I've used before. I did end up buying the unscented version that I like.

The Ordinary Vitamin C 23% hyalauronic acid cream in a tube. This has a weird gritty texture and can't be worn under makeup. I have their Vitamin C ethylated serum which has an oily texture so will use that instead. No big loss as this was inexpensive. I won't keep a product around if I end up not liking it.

Covergirl's new matte foundation in L40 Classic Ivory. It's too matte and looks cakey on me on textured skin. I tried it twice, once on its own and once with a primer and applied it with my fingers the first time and a Clarisonic brush the second. I hate this foundation and won't use it again so out it goes.

A couple of Essence concealer/color correctors in peach and yellow. They do not provide either very well. They were inexpensive so no loss to toss them.

Burt's Bees blush in the shy pink rose shade. Too bad this develops a gritty texture on the pan of powder from using it. I have similar colored blushes I like better so it's gone.

Quo powder blush and highlighter. Meh. Shoppers Drug Mart's house brand in Canada is ok but not loving these even though they have pretty shades.

Respected Contributor

@TY

Reading your post has help motivate me to do some more throwing items out that I am never ever going to use again. I don't understand why I hold onto these things.

I just purchased a new Covergirl foundation for sensitive skin in the Classic Ivory. I use this sometimes when I am in a rush and don't want to do a lot of steps. It seems my skin is changing again. More dry? or something. So many things I use either are discontinued or are hard to find lately. 

I see some of your items that I am not familiar with. Now I see why, they are made in Canada. 

@TY wrote:

I tossed out a few products this week:

Secret Clinical antiperspirant. I think I'm allergic to this as it caused me to have itchy underarms which I of course scratched like crazy.

Arm and Hammer scented antiperspirant. This has a manly fragrance that's obvious and doesn't disappear. I bought this by mistake when I was really going to buy the unscented version that I've used before. I did end up buying the unscented version that I like.

The Ordinary Vitamin C 23% hyalauronic acid cream in a tube. This has a weird gritty texture and can't be worn under makeup. I have their Vitamin C ethylated serum which has an oily texture so will use that instead. No big loss as this was inexpensive. I won't keep a product around if I end up not liking it.

Covergirl's new matte foundation in L40 Classic Ivory. It's too matte and looks cakey on me on textured skin. I tried it twice, once on its own and once with a primer and applied it with my fingers the first time and a Clarisonic brush the second. I hate this foundation and won't use it again so out it goes.

A couple of Essence concealer/color correctors in peach and yellow. They do not provide either very well. They were inexpensive so no loss to toss them.

Burt's Bees blush in the shy pink rose shade. Too bad this develops a gritty texture on the pan of powder from using it. I have similar colored blushes I like better so it's gone.

Quo powder blush and highlighter. Meh. Shoppers Drug Mart's house brand in Canada is ok but not loving these even though they have pretty shades.