Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 5/8?

Just one thing for me this week:

BBW Winter Candy Apple shower gel 10oz- my son actually used most of this, I just finished using the last couple of ounces. I like the scent and have it in the body spray.  I will replace it with one from Ulta, I believe it's lemon and ginger scent

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Nothing for me this week. I just wanted to pop on and say Happy Mother's Day!

Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

Think I missed last week, so this is for two weeks.

I used up:

-sample packets of Nioxin Scalp Recovery Pyrithione Zinc Medicating Cleanser, Conditioner and Serum.  These were all very nice.  I don't think I'll purchase the shampoo and conditioner, as I don't need them.  But if I was looking for a dandruff shampoo and conditioner that isn't harsh on hair, I would consider these. 

I am thinking of getting the leave-in serum for my dry scalp though.  I put just a bit on each finger on one hand and pressed fingers of both hands together.  Then worked it into the scalp.  Then repeat, until I got some in all areas of my scalp.  It took a few extra minutes, but it was nice for my dry scalp.

-a sample of Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer.  I used this once and didn't think it was any better than my Milani primer.  Then tried to use it again and it had dried out.  

-a bottle of Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk.  This is my favorite moisturizing cleanser for dry skin.  Replaced with same.

-a pod of Freeman Beauty Infusion Hydrating Cream Mask.  This had a nice, creamy consistency.  But it stung my skin a little and made my eyes water, so I would not purchase it again.  I have other moisturizing masks that work as well or better that don't make my eyes water, so no need for this.

-a .34 oz. tube of Farmacy Green Screen Daily Environmental Protector, SPF 30.  I don't hate this, but I don't love it.  It's a mineral sunscreen that doesn't have a bunch of silicones in it.  That is great, but if you want to wear makeup over it, you pretty much have to use a silicone primer for both products to play well together.

I tossed: 

-a tube of Avon concealer.  Looked bad under my eyes and didn't provide enough coverage to conceal blemishes.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

Only one thing used up this week:

Orlando Pita shampoo that I got at Costco a very long time ago.  This was okay but won't repurchase.  

I hope all the Moms out there have a very Happy Mother's Day!  

Respected Contributor

Just one thing for me!

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, I always come back to it, replaced with same. But, I did buy the travel size of the Smashbox Pore Filling Primer and I like that too!

Be well friends!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Nothing yet for me.  I’m using very little makeup these days but using body wash, lotion and sunscreen.  I started using my facial masks again.  Hope to use up a few things soon.