Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 5/26?

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

I just used up one small thing this week:

BBW hand sanitizer in Pink Chiffon 1oz- this was a christmas gift from my job over a year and I had a hard time using it up because the scent is SO strong! Definitely not a repurchase. I have one more BBW hand sanitizer to use up then I just want plain, unscented ones. 

I also gave away an Ulta Mineral foundation that was too yellow, I replaced it with an Everyday minerals foundation that is a better color match. And I gave away an Ulta black eyeliner because I just don't like black on me. I have an Eggplant color that I like to use in place of black, it's not as harsh.

I'm close on a couple other things so hopefully I'll have more to report next week!

Esteemed Contributor

I used up a little bottle of avocado oil I got from T.J.Maxx.  Avocado oil just doesn't work for my skin anymore, so I used it up as makeup remover.  Unfortunately, I still have part of another bottle of avo oil, but I will use that for the same purpose.

I threw out an Avon Glimmersticks Chrome eyeliner in shade "Striking Emerald."  It was neither striking nor emerald.  It looked more like an off-color black, and was dry.

Last night I tried Garnier's Micellar water, the one with the blue cap that says it removes waterproof makeup.  Glad I only bought a trial-sized bottle, because it's a nightmare.  Not only did it not remove my waterproof mascara, it also stung my eyes...for hours.  I rinsed my eyes and put drops in them, and the stinging still continued for awhile.  I wouldn't consider my eyes sensitve either.  Most products don't bother my eyes.  Contrary to what the bottle says, you really have to wash off the product or it leaves an unpleasant greasy residue.  I thought washing it off would be good enough, but within hours I started to notice little whiteheads on my face, and more formed overnight.  So I won't be using this product ever again.  I won't be giving it away to anyone either, as I don't want to be responsible for what happens to their eyes or face after use.  One of the worst products I've ever tried.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Yet the pink lidded one for all skin types I've had no problems with. I do use a toner after any makeup removal product to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

I'm reluctant to use any waterproof products.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I used up my Maybelliene Age Rewind concealer.  It's a good one.  I've got the tarte shape tape and Fit Me concealer to use next.

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Yet the pink lidded one for all skin types I've had no problems with. I do use a toner after any makeup removal product to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

I'm reluctant to use any waterproof products.

@JustJazzmom

I haven't tried the one with the pink cap.  I think I'll just stick with oils to break down my makeup and follow up with a cleanser.  I bought the micellar water thinking it would be a nice one-step product for when I'm too tired to do more steps.  Oh well.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

This week I used up-

Tova Signature body lotion, 3.5oz, my  favorite fragrance, replaced with the body souffle

Tossed out 2 old lip balms

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator - I loved this as a setting spray. It took me months to finish this 2 oz bottle and I loved it so much I repurchased it in the full size.  

Have a great holiday everyone!

Respected Contributor

NIVEA in Shower Moisture Cream for Very Dry skinn.  Love it and would not want to be without it.