Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 5/24?

For this week:

Nick Chavez Advanced Plump & Thick Hairspray, plenty on hand. This holds my heavy hair beautifully. Used it for years.

Oribe Dry Shampoo, will not re-purchase as I have learned that I don't like using dry shampoo at all, just makes it feel dirtier to me!

Enjoy your holiday weekend! Here comes Summer! See you next week!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I had gotten from NARS sample blister packs of various Radiant Longwear Foundation. I sampled Fiji, Vienna & Deauville.

Deauville was too light for me even when it dried.

Fiji was fine on me

Vienna looked good on me. 

I will sample Salzburg next week.

I own Fiji in the Sheer Glow & that looks alright on me. The Radiant looked slightly artificial on me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.  I am remembering my dear Dad who was a WW2 veteran.  He was drafted right out of college at age 18 and served 2 1/2 years in Europe.  He had to wait 6 months in the Philipines for his turn to go home after the war ended.  He returned and resumed college, then medical school and was a family doctor for 40 years. We lost him 2 1/2 years ago at age 91.  I am so proud of what he did for our country.

This week I used up:

Ulta Beauty eye makeup remover.  Will replace with the Target brand which I've used before and like.

A travel size of Ellnet hairspray, my favorite.

Several Paula's Choice sample packets: cleansers, toners, moisturizers.  I am determined to use up my stockpile.  

Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Up & Up Witch Hazel - I mix this with rose water or some other similar water and use it as a toner in the mornings. I repurchased the generic one from Whole Foods. You can't beat the price of these store brand witch hazel.

Tom Ford Indian Pink deluxe sample lipstick - I was so curious about the TF lipsticks and after this my curiosity has been satisfied. Maybe if it was a color that was better suited to me, I would like it. The consistency was smooth and non-drying. However it was nothing worth $50+. I am impressed how long it lasted. With daily use, this tiny sample lasted 2 months which goes to show how little I need.

Esteemed Contributor

I used up half a box of Nice n' Easy hair color (the old formula) since that's what I use to do weekly root touch-ups. Now I only have 3 more applications left so I think I'll be using up my stash of Revlon Colorsilk in medium brown after that.

I have also used up a bunch of Korean sheet face masks as I've gotten rid of the sheet masks that were aimed at people with oily skin and acne and am trying ones that are hydrating. I found some made in Taiwan sheet masks that have ear pieces so that the masks don't fall off my face and I can multi-task when wearing one like I'm doing now!

I found them at Winners in Canada (Winners is part of the TJX family of retailers); but also saw the sheet masks at the T&T chinese grocery store (that's a national chain of grocery stores in Canada - they are owned by the Weston family that also owns the Canadian Superstore grocery stores and the Shoppers Drug Mart drugstore chain.) T&T grocery store has a big beauty section that has asian skin care and they are bringing in more brands of sheet masks, cleansers, and 2 japanese sunscreens.

Respected Contributor

Happy Memorial day weekend beauties!

Just one thing for me this week: Covergirl Aquasmooth foundation in creamy natural- I have repurchased this many,many times over the years and have another one waiting  as a backup. But I did buy a Makeup Revolution foundation stick to try as a replacement. It is ok, I've only used it twice, but midway thru the day my nose gets shiny looking which usually never happens to me, I'm not oily. I'll use it, but if it does that every time I'll just stick to the Covergirl.

Honored Contributor

I used to spend a lot of money for a gentle soap for showering.  I tried SheaMoisture Shea Butter with Frankincense and Myrrh and fell in love with it.  It's so gentle and I love the subtle scent.  I just used up a bar.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two thumbs up, @rnmom !  I've used AquaSmooth for 30-ish years.  I use it mainly because my complexion is very oily, and it does a nice job of controlling the "greasies."

Used up a BBW Body Wash in "Snowflakes in Cashmere" and have switched to lighter, summer scents.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Beekman 1802 Vanilla Absolute Face Wipes- DH used these up, I don't care for them as they are too heavily fragranced for me to use on my face. Replaced with random brand tea tree face wipes from stash for him. Would not repurchase the Beekman wipes. I prefer other brands over Beekman's face wipes.

Farmacy Dew It All Eye Eye Cream- got this in a Fab Fit Fun box. I liked it but would not purchase for the price, will replace with one of the many eye creams in my stash.

Have a good weekend all. Thinking of all who gave their lives for our freedom, as well as their families, you have my gratitude and utmost respect. Also, to all who serve our great country and keep us safe and protect our freedom past and present, my thanks and admiration to you and your loved ones.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

@tototwo - Do you mind if I ask what color you use in the Aquasmooth? I use the Creamy Natural and lately I've been notificing that it's starting to look just a tad yellow on me, especially as the day wears on. I love the application and the finish so I've been dealing with the less than perfect color match. I generally consider myself a light neutral. TIA!