Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 5/22?

Good morning, Beauties!

I used up a box of Clairol's Root Touch Up.  I was really pleased with the results. No more greys (for a few more weeks).

That is all for me this week. Share your empties and tosses.

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 5/22?

Since I turned 70 a few years ago, my dense black eyebrows have gotten quite sparse.  They also seem to be disappearing or moving away from my nose!  So I have been trying to find replacements for the now gone stash of original Laura Gellar Brow Marker.

Tossed several half-used markers from different sources.  Will keep the Stila and a Revlon with spoolie at opposite end.

Tossed several very ancient Burt's Bees lip balms.

Refilled a medium-sized IT CC foundation tube from the super-sized giant one. I use a spring clamp to keep the cut end of the medium tube closed.

Needed a blush replacement at the weekend place so I took a matte lipstick that I no longer used and " scribbled " it onto the base of an old snap lid blush container.  Now I have a free blush !

Thinking about splurging for the custom color match to my discontinued lipstick.  I have searched for a couple of years for Rimmel's  Casbah.....nothing comes close to it and the shade does quite a lot for my skin tone.  My stash isn't quite gone yet !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I used the last blade for my Michael Todd sonic dermaplaning device.  Fortunately had a new box of blades waiting.  I really like this thing.  Shaves the old goat fuzz off my face and takes lots of dead skin flakes with it.  I also used up a Philosophy orange cocoa cream shower get.  Man, was I sick of that!  Had bought one of those super mega gigantic ones with the pump and I feel I've dedicated the last 2 years trying to make it go away!  

Respected Contributor

Happy Memorial Day weekend!  I only used up one thing.

Victoria’s Secret wild pear body cream.   Not sure how old it was.  It smelled so fresh and clean.  The best part was the packaging.  It was in an airless pump.  Every drop product came out.  No waste.  Wish more lotions or foundations had this type of pumps.  Have other lotions opened.  

That’s all beauties.  Enjoy a long weekend!  

Trusted Contributor

Decluttered:

ELF Poreless Putty Primer - This is NOT a dupe for the Tatcha Silk Canvas primer. I would use the latter under my eyes to fill in the creases but the ELF primer was too greasy. I don't like it anywhere else on my face. I gave it to DD to try out.

Charcoal Peel Off Masks - I am tossing 2, the Trader Joe's sample and the Boscia sample. I tried the Boscia mask and it was so difficult to peel off. I don't think all that tugging is good for the skin. So out they go. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I used the last blade for my Michael Todd sonic dermaplaning device.  Fortunately had a new box of blades waiting.  I really like this thing.  Shaves the old goat fuzz off my face and takes lots of dead skin flakes with it.

@Grouchomarx  The refill kit is on sale on Ulta's website right now, if you need a backup.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-an old bottle of Avon Skin So Soft body lotion.  Am glad to have this out of my house.  It smelled nice, but has been around awhile.

-a jar of Bodyceuticals Vitamin C and Calendula Fruit Stem Cells | AHA Tone and Brighten Facial Creme.  This was a nice face cream, but I have decided I prefer to use acid toners, peels, or masks over a cream.

-Two 3 oz. bottles of shampoo and conditioner.  Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky.  Smelled nice, but the shampoo is harsh on the hair and the conditioner isn't good enough to fix it.  I got these in a Target Beauty Box and wanted to use them up before I color my hair.

Have a nice weekend!!

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Since I turned 70 a few years ago, my dense black eyebrows have gotten quite sparse.  They also seem to be disappearing or moving away from my nose!  So I have been trying to find replacements for the now gone stash of original Laura Gellar Brow Marker.

@jlkz  Have you tried MAC's Shape + Shade Brow Tint ?  I think it's pretty nice.  I don't use the end with the powder in it, just the marker end.

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

thanks, will check it out !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Trial size Sephora Vanilla Bodywash- used as hand soap in my foaming hand soap dispenser in the bathroom. This was very old, worked just fine. Replaced with Philosophy Cookies and Milk 3 n 1 from the stash, also very old.

Philosophy Hope In A Jar For Body Lotion- ok, this is discontinued, have other body lotions open.

4 oz. Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser- I really like this, my favorite product to exfoliate my face with. It smells so good, (like citrus) starts off grainy but when you add water turns to a delightful foam, which is easy to rinse off. I do not have sensitive skin so I don't know if it would irritate those that do. I use it weekly. Have another in the stash, but just ordered a replacement with the sales this weekend.

Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24