Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 5/11?

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel -- all your squirrel pix crack me up, love them!  But, since a squirrel recently shredded the cushions on my porch swing and one deck chair in order to pull out the stuffing to build his nest (and it's a lovely nest, btw), I'm kind of anti-squirrel right now.

@Jacie - thanks for the recommendations!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday beauties! 

This week I used up:

Sample packet of Dermalogica multivitamin power recovery mask- it's always hard to say if something is going to work with only one use but I liked the way this felt on my face, it didn't irritate my skin at all. I would consider purchasing this in the future if I were in the market for a new mask

PSS dupe of Unconditional Love cologne spray 2oz- I have to say I'm kind of disappointed in this product. This only very vaguely reminded me of UL and the matching lotion didn't smell like UL at all. I won't be repurchasing these for sure

Derma E Skin Lighten moisturizer 2oz- this was a perfectly fine evening moisturizer but it did nothing to lighten the discoloration on my skin so I probably won't repurchase. I have a Prai Radiance moisturizer that I'm using now and I have a Derma E retinol moisturizer to try instead

Lab series for men skincare sample- hubby didn't want to use this so I just used it up on my neck and chest. It actually smelled and felt really good!

2 Wet N Wild mascaras- I don't recall which ones these were but I couldn't use either one of them alone, they were awful, but by using the 2 together I was able to make it work. I got tired of fussing with them both so I replaced them with an Essence lash princess

Gave away by taking to work: 2 PSS lotions, dupes of Unconditional Love and Falling in Love 8 oz each. I didn't care for either of these so I put them in the bathroom at work. Someone either took them home or threw them out because they were gone a couple days later.

Shea Moisture Baobob oil 1.6oz- also taken to work. I just can't seem to make the oils work for me no matter how much I want them to

Whew! That's it for me this week, have a great weekend and a happy mother's day to all the moms out there!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@aggravated I'm having issues with mascara too.  What's going on with that?  I think my lashes are dry.  

Trusted Contributor

Hello friends,

Used up:

Philosophy Pure Grace Handcream- enjoyed, replaced with Pure Grace Body Butter (I found another hiding in the stash, this really is the last PG butter in stash)

Giovanni Blackberry and Coconut Shampoo- I liked this, would consider a repurchase after I use up some shampoos from the stash, replaced with Ojon Tawaka from stash.

2 Yves Rocher Flordia Orange Shower Gels- I enjoyed these in the kitchen as handsoap, last of the Yves Rocher Shower Gels in stash! Replaced with Raw Sugar Lemon sugar Body Wash from stash.

Clean Ultimate Foaming Bubble Bath- DH used this as Shower Gel, replaced with an old bottle of Axe for men hanging around from my son from years ago.

2 oz. Philosophy Amazing Grace Shower Gel- enjoyed, replaced with Philosophy Pink Lemonade Shower Gel from stash.

Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender- used as primer, this was the old formula, worked really well, replaced with Laura Geller Champagne Spackle from stash.

GWP SizeTarte Tarteguard SPF30- ok, replaced with same from stash.

Philosophy Miracle Worker Cleanser- ok, replaced with same from stash.

Have a good weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Acitve Argan intense Hand TreatmentHave a second one. Nice but kind of hooked on AVAVA.

Herbal Essence Cleansing 0% Conditioner-Love the shine and have another. Use now and then, but Walgreens no longer carries it so order on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Finally polished off an ancient philosophy hot buttered rum 3-in-1.  Oh -- and finished a jar of Lumene Glow Reveal moisturizer.  Opened a new one.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Jordan Samuel Plie Treatment Cleanser - I like this and replaced wih the same from the stash.  It has a neat gel to oil consistency and smells yummy. 

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum mini - I used to love this but I'm trying to simplify and use less products.  I found this mini and used it mixed in with my body lotion because it was a little older and didn't want to use it on my face.  It still took a couple of months to finish it.  Not a repurchase.

Beauty Blender - I hardly use it but it was over a year old so I figured I should toss it out.  I started using the mini ones to apply eyeshadow on days when I'm in a rush. I have another in the stash because it came in a two-pack with a cleanser.  Not sure if/when I will crack open the new one...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Samples of Hair Food Honey & Apricot shampoo and conditioner. Had high hopes that something so natural would make my hair soft and healthy. Smelled wonderful, but my hair felt like straw, it was so dried out. Needless to say I tossed them.

Valued Contributor

Nivea vanilla shower gel

dr. woods peppermint soap

Glss hair conditioner[color protect]

Jordana eyeliner[liquid pencil type]

Angel of mine cornstarch baby powder

Angel of mine baby shampoo[I wash my face with it]

It eyebrow stuff

cathyfrom ma