Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/29?

@Ladybug837 wrote:

I used up and threw away a few things this week.

VO5 Kiwi lime squeeze shampoo. This was a good clarifying shampoo. I actually really like everything I've tried from VO5 and they're cheap!

Cerave foaming facial wash- I liked this but it seems like everytime I used it lately it made my chin rough so I threw it out with a little bit left.

Nexxus promend shampoo- I used to really love this shampoo a year or two ago and I had a little left in two bottles. Now when I use it it just made my hair dull looking.  I don't know what happened but I threw it out as I didn't have much left anyway. I tried to get my husband to use it up but he even said it made his hair feel rough and he's not picky about shampoo.

@Ladybug 837,  Cereve creme or cleanser, ( both) sensitive or foaming makes my skin dry out and very irritating. I am giving [ all away]. These we're recommended by a good friend of mine who deal, also with sensitive skin! 

Try and true works for me.

I have found 3 very great products - but oh so very expensive "if for a very young working gir".

One stop is always a $200.00 spend for me just for the cleanser and moisturizer. Foundation is a most a lost cause.

I can not USE OTC products.

>° In fact, only one comes from England. I buy in bulks, hoping those do not become discontinued. 2 year shelf life.

Never had this sudden need for a special 3 ingredients product, but in reading all others, finding companies are adding more & many unnecessary ingredients.

Honored Contributor

@NAES1

I use a silicone based primer before any application of any foundation (liquid or powder). I use Lancôme La Base Pro.

Anyway, the  problem with many liquid foundations is their orange tones on my face. I decided on Teint Idole because of the added sunscreen in it. I started with shade 360 and worked my way down finally to shade 210 Buff N. The important thing when looking for a foundation is choosing the right shade that matches your jawline/neckline. The only way to tell if it's the correct shade is to try it and go out in natural sunlight. Fluorescent lighting like in a department store is deceptive so it's important to ask for a sample to use at home. I use a foundation brush and not a sponge or my fingers. Cleaning the brush weekly with baby shampoo until the water runs clear is important so no bacteria, germs or excess product stay on the brush. I lay the brush on its side over the sink air dry overnight

I'm fair with olive skin tones, brown eyes and brunette hair. The foundation does not separate in the bottle over time either. I also like Urban Decay Naked Skin and in that I wear the new 2.5 or the older 3 shade.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

32 oz. WEN Winter Vanilla MInt CC- love this scent. Replaced with WEN Bamboo Green Tea from stash.

16 oz. Philosophy Amazing Grace Whipped Body Creme- another favorite. Replaced with Philosophy Pure Grace Lotion from stash.

Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads- these work well for me. Replaced with mybody Neck-cessity Treatment Serum from stash.

8.4 oz. Imaaginez Clue River Honey Bath and Shower Cream- Used this up as handsoap. This is as old as the hills and still smells great. Wish this was still available. Replaced with the same from stash.

Have a good weekend!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@NAES1

I use a silicone based primer before any application of any foundation (liquid or powder). I use Lancôme La Base Pro.

Anyway, the  problem with many liquid foundations is their orange tones on my face. I decided on Teint Idole because of the added sunscreen in it. I started with shade 360 and worked my way down finally to shade 210 Buff N. The important thing when looking for a foundation is choosing the right shade that matches your jawline/neckline. The only way to tell if it's the correct shade is to try it and go out in natural sunlight. Fluorescent lighting like in a department store is deceptive so it's important to ask for a sample to use at home. I use a foundation brush and not a sponge or my fingers. Cleaning the brush weekly with baby shampoo until the water runs clear is important so no bacteria, germs or excess product stay on the brush. I lay the brush on its side over the sink air dry overnight

I'm fair with olive skin tones, brown eyes and brunette hair. The foundation does not separate in the bottle over time either. I also like Urban Decay Naked Skin and in that I wear the new 2.5 or the older 3 shade.

~~~

@JustJazzmom.

Thank you for your personal information and experience.

I do agree about testing at the cosmetic counter.

Have not used Lancome in over 9+ years, thought nothing to lose with sampling, then waiting for removal with in 6 hours. CHECKING !

Appears you have found a great foundation, so thumbs up for that.

Since I am always thinking sterile, being in surgery/ infectious diseases... Teaching in hospital, super enough to enlighten the cleansing of brushes! 

I prefer a pump bottle and use a sanitized small 

plastic utensil.  Urban Decay, I have used- only in the creme to matte/ not a good choice, but not the same as your mention. I am buying the UD in the Ulta's pallet of shadows, using some as eye liners.

* Note of interest:::

You were one of the posters a few months ago when I was posting to my Jazz friend about our friend, Phil Woods/ alto sax. Husband best friend. He, also a professional musician.....

Time does get away from us so quickly ..but remembering you, though.

NAES

" thank you for all information... I will give this a try: Lancome"!.

Super Contributor

This week I used up-

Crabtree and Evelyn Rosewater bath powder 3.5oz- this was nice, many other flavors in the stash

Threw out 2 old lipsticks ftom my bag of many

Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@rrpell wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I used up this week a full bottle of Lancôme Tonique Radiance (replaced with same)

and a sample of Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer Shade 3 which I used as a blush.

@JustJazzmom  Hi!  I see you use Lancôme and I'm wondering if you have ever tried their Renergie Lift Makeup.   It appears to get high ratings (from internet reviews) and I am tempted to give it a try.  It has been an expensive journey, but I find I am always searching for my next, best, PERFECT foundation Smiley Happy.

I use the Teint Idole foundation from Lancôme. It took a while to find the correct shade of liquid foundation with their samples.

@JustJazzmom  Just checked out some YouTube videos that were reviewing your foundation. It looks beautiful.  34 choices of shades... Hmm, looks like I will be heading to the department store. Can't order online for this one!  Thank you for the info 😀

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Fresh Seaberry Face Oil, deluxe sample - This was a very nice oil.  I would repurchase it in a full size after i use up my Bareminerals oil.

Rouge Bunny Rouge Lipstick in Irreverence - Got this on Hautelook and wasn't impressed.  Glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Laura Mercier Gloss Stick in Peony - I like this formula but the color wasn't the greatest match for me.  I would repurchase in a different color.  Love the sheer lippies!