Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/23?

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,

I got sick of looking at all these mascaras I never use. I am not a big user of the stuff but have many. So I had an unopened Cover girl So lashy. I tried it and dumped it. It was terrible.

I had an unopened IT Superhero and tried it. It was so clumpy. I dumped it too. Is this how IT normally is, or did I have IT too long? I have others that I will open this week and dump or use, including an Urban Decay.  It's ridiculous and I'm sort of ashamed of all the unnecessary purchases. At least now I am aware there's a problem 😆 and maybe I can curtail it. I actually loved one mascara that was sold on HSN called Ready to Wear and it was a  lash fiber system with 2 different types of mascaras that were great. I know I have an unopened pack of this. I hope it's not dried out or clumpy now. It's gotta be 3 years old. Anyone out there really love their mascara? Which is it? 
That's all for me. Great Weekend to all.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Hi Beauties,

I got sick of looking at all these mascaras I never use. I am not a big user of the stuff but have many. So I had an unopened Cover girl So lashy. I tried it and dumped it. It was terrible.

I had an unopened IT Superhero and tried it. It was so clumpy. I dumped it too. Is this how IT normally is, or did I have IT too long? I have others that I will open this week and dump or use, including an Urban Decay.  It's ridiculous and I'm sort of ashamed of all the unnecessary purchases. At least now I am aware there's a problem 😆 and maybe I can curtail it. I actually loved one mascara that was sold on HSN called Ready to Wear and it was a  lash fiber system with 2 different types of mascaras that were great. I know I have an unopened pack of this. I hope it's not dried out or clumpy now. It's gotta be 3 years old. Anyone out there really love their mascara? Which is it? 
That's all for me. Great Weekend to all.

@KBEANS I've never had any luck with Superhero mascara. I got one from QVC and it was clumpy. Got another one - same thing.  I don't know if it's just my luck, I know this mascara has a cult following. 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Anyone out there really love their mascara? Which is it? 

@KBEANS 

Maybelline, Full 'N Soft Mascara, 301 Very Black, 0.28 fl oz (8.2 ml) -  iHerb

It used to be under $5 but I'll still buy it because I haven't found anything I like as much.  Washable formula.  

Sometimes I think it's the reason I still have lashes at my age.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

SuperHero is my every day mascara. Sometimes the wand gets clumpy from the tube, but wiping it off with a tissue takes care of that.
Honored Contributor

Used up a large tub of Neutrogena Body Water Cream.  I think that's what it's called.  I've had it for ages and ages and thought about how much I liked it.  Opened it and it was all but gone.  Also finished a bottle of Missah Time Revolution Essence.  A new bottle (updated formula) was here to take it's place.  Digging out the last of ELF Gotta Glow Lip Tint in Pink.  Three more to take it's place.  I've been wearing this for decades.  By it's self around the house and out if I'm not made up fully and under my Too Faced glosses so I'll still have color when the gloss wears off.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Beauties,

I used up zero products this week.  Not wearing much makeup these days and mostly using body lotions and shampoos.

Enjoy the weekend.  Hope to have more to report next Friday.

Respected Contributor

Neutrogena Hydroboost City Shield Water Gel SPF 25 This is my everyday moisturizer.  Replaced with same from stash. 

Purity Made Simple Face Wipes I have been using these at night since I am only wearing moisturizer and eyeliner on my face every day.  Replaced with same from stash. 

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties!

Just a couple of small things for me this week: Ulta brand velvet matte liquid lipstick mini 1.5ml in a mauve/purple color. This came in a set at Christmas a few years back. I'm trying to use up or toss some of my older lip products, even if I'm just hanging out at home. 

Good sense lip balm- I think this was from the dollar tree. It was fine, but it was unscented and I prefer my lip balms to have a bit of flavor. I replaced it with a Lip Smackers that is Cherry coke flavor. 

That's it for me, have a great weekend everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Saturday, Everyone.  We have sunshine today - yay!

Used up an Amara Beauty Retinol Cream -- immediately opened a new one.  I'm happy with this.

I know we're all different, @Mumof2, but I looove Mally's Neutralizing Primer.  I wear it as my foundation cuz it's lightweight and covers a multitude of sins.  Gives my blotchy complexion a nice finish. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-an 8 oz bottle of Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap

-a 24 oz. Avon bubble bath, used as hand soap.

-a .3 oz of L'Occitane Amande Hand Care.  This was okay.  The scent was light and pleasant.  I didn't find it to be especially moisturizing though.  

That is all for this week.  Have a nice weekend!! 🌼

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org