Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/23 + 5/1?

[ Edited ]

Edited to add (Some people posted the 5/1 thread on this thread, so instead of starting another post, you can just add to this thread this week).

Good morning, Beauties!

I used up a small tube of Korres' Body Cream in Olive Blossom.  It smells like baby powder to me.  It is okay. Not my favorite scent.

That is all for me this week.  I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.  Share your empties or tosses.

Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/23?

Good morning, @momoftwo2007 . Since only wearing skincare and spf, I've purchased backups. After 6 wks. of "sheltering in place", many of those products were getting used up as they would under usual circumstances. I also had the opportunity to use my moisturizer as a mask on damp skin w/ warm towel or steam as a facial. 

Most know by now, my predominant line of skincare is Skinceuticals and cleansing oil from BB. I haven't changed in many years. If it's working, my skin's responding & looks well, there's no reason for me to experiment w/ other brands. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning beauties.  I used up:

Sephora Brand Eyeliner in 08 Brown - full size.  This is a shimmery brown with a hint of copper to it.  I use this on the bottom only and use something different on top.  I have an Urban Decay in a lighter aubergine color I'll replace this with.

Doll10 Lipstick/Gloss Duo in Better Than Nude/Buff - full size.  I love this double ended product.  The color of both the lipstick and the gloss are beautiful.  Both can be worn together, which is how I normally wear them but both also look equally pretty on their own.  This is a tube I kept in my makeup bag in my purse and reached for often because it's a perfect shade with just about anything.      

Hope everyone has a healthy and safe week.

Respected Contributor

IT CC+ Full Coverage Cream  Spf50. Replaced but now prefer Med. Nuetral. I wish it didn't transfer to my jacket collars which is annoying. Soon no more jackets to wear.

O' Keefe's  Working Hands. I replaced with the jar as could not find the tube as sold out. My go to hand cream as it works.

Nivea Moisture Wash  So soothing and avoid Philosophy in Winter as love this. Will replace. I love Nivea bath products and never disappointed.

Tossed several mascaras, Mally and IT as old. Both ok not favorites.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only 2 for me this week.  La Mer facial moisturizing cream, I used to really like this but I think there are many that are better for a lot less money, Benefit High Brow, I used it in my waterline, will replace with something else. 

I am having a mascara meltdown!  My Too Faced BTS order from Sephora still hasn't come.  They supposedly sent a replacement yesterday. I layer  3 different mascaras daily and they are all about gone. I have very thick but short blonde lashes.  I have been looking for L'Oréal Fiber Lash and it's sold out in deepest black at the 3 stores I went to this week.  Grrrr 

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties. I used up:

Philosophy pure grace satin finish body oil mist.  I have an open AG bottle of this same mist.  It goes on oily, but absorbs quickly.  I don’t know if they still make this.  I like the smell.  Stronger than some Philosophy newer items.    

Bio miracle oil free make up cleansing towelettes.  60 pack.  Bought at Macy’s backstage earlier this year.  They were ok, but replaced with a Neutrogena pack.  

That’s it this week.  Even though I am still doing make up daily, it seems like I am using less products. Stay safe my beauty friends.   

Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a bottle of B&BW Cashmere Glow shower gel.  Used as hand soap.  Replaced with same.

-OGX Teatree Mint shampoo.  This is okay.  Not bad, not excellent.  Unremarkable.

-3 oz. B&BW Cherry Blossom body lotion.

Nothing exciting this week, but I'm glad to have these 3 things out of my house.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying some sunshine.

Wallpaper : flowers, tail, urban, shadow, squirrel, wildlife ...

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel   I’ve been trying to get my stash down FOREVER. Any week we can use up three things it’s been a good week.  Very few new purchases in 2019 and 2020.  I organized during the stay at home, and I still have too much, but it’s finally getting to a manageable amount.  I’ve put a slight dent in the stash in the past year.  Only buy mostly mascara and wipes.  That is why I love this weekly thread!!  Problem is some friends and family “gift me” beauty products for birthday and Christmas.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used up:

CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser - I used this as a second cleanse after my cleansing oil, but I don't feel like it's necessary. My cleansing oil rinses off so I don't really need a second cleanse. I did like that it was fragrance free. Not a repurchase.

Boscia Matcha Magic Super-Antioxidant Mask mini - This came in a set which I purchased for the cleansing oil. I don't really see a need for this. Not a repurchase but I have one more in the stash.

Tossed:

Glossier Brow Flick - I tried for 7 months but I just cannot get the hang of this. Going back to the Boy Brow. 

Milk Matte Bronzer - I also gave this to my DD. I think it was irritating my skin. I stopped using it and the irritation went away. It is easy to use and blend but it also seemed slightly too orange on me. There is a ton of product in there so if you like cream bronzers, I would recommend it.

Respected Contributor

I used up:

Covergirl Aquasmooth foundation in Classic Ivory- I have been using this off and on for years and always go back to it. I haven't replaced it for now because it rubs off all over the masks I need to wear for work so I've been using my mineral foundation at work. Plus I have a brand new liquid Covergirl foundation to try out and use up before I buy any more, but I will probably get another one eventually.

Strivectin SD Advanced Moisturizer 10ml sample- I used this on my forehead lines and couldn't tell where it made any difference at all so I finished it up on some stretch marks and definitely couldn't tell a difference there either. I would not purchase this at all, useless. 

Yardley of London Bar soap in Vanilla Buttercream- replaced with the same. I get these from Dollar Tree.