Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/16?

Good morning, Beauties!

I used up a box of Loreal Excellence Hair Dye. I used to use Nice N Easy, but now I found that I like this hair dye much better.

A pack of Neutrogena Makeup Removal Wipe.  This is just ok.  I like using Micellar Water or Campenelli Make Up Cloth better for removing make up.

A huge tube of Korres Olive Body Cream in Peach Blossoom.. I love how Korres Olive Body Cream feels, but I have trouble finding scents I love in Korres.  This peach is just okay.  

That is all for me this week. Share your empties and tosses. Have a lovely weekend.

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/16?

Good morning everyone.  SO HAPPY IT'S FRIDAY ...  and,  I'm taking a half day today... whooo hoooo!!!!!

Used up this week....

Lancome Cils Lash Booster

Malin & Goetz Rum Body Lotion

First Aid Beauty Dry Body Oil

Laura Mercier Lip Balm (the one that was discontinued)

I'm thinking there is one more thing ...  but this is all I remember!  That's enough!

Have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

Good morning/afternoon.  TGIF.  Unfortunately, it's an ugly, cold day here and our weather isn't supposed to be too great for the next week or so. 

I had a good week:

Believe Beauty Eyeliner in Queen Mauve - full size.  This is a line of beauty products that are exclusive to Dollar General.  The foundation is awesome but liner, not so much.  The color was beautiful, it was retractable and it was easy to apply.  But it didn't last at all.  By lunch I had to re-apply because it was all but worn off.  

Beekman 1802 Hand Cream in Apricot & Honey - full size.  Thank goodness I am done with this.  I bought a 2 pack of this stuff and this was the second tube. I do not like the smell of this at all and it is one of the most disappointing and overhyped hand creams.  This provided virtually no moisture whatsoever.  I would never buy this brand again.

Dickinson Original Witch Hazel Toner - full size.  This is my go to toner.  I love this stuff.  It is under $5.00 for a 16oz bottle.  I recently rec'd a Farmacy toner in my BoxyCharm so that is what I am using now but unless I get another toner in BoxyCharm, I will go back to my Dickinson.

Revlon Candid Foundation - full size.  I absolutely LOVE this foundation.  It is my HG.  This is my third tube.  A couple of months ago I found it on clearance at Target and though they were discontinuing it so I bought the only tube they had in my shade.  Then I saw it at Meijers on clearance and bought the last 3 tubes they had in my color.  But I think they were just repackaing it.  It is the bomb.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and upcoming week.  Stay safe and healthy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon Beauties!

This week I used up:

-NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer. Frankly I had forgotten about this. However, if you have dry skin, you need a primer like this. I think it was supposed to be a knock-off of the expensive L'Or gold flecked primer. I had forgotten how good this is.

-Josie Maran Divine Drip in Pure Honey the 5 oz size. I use this as a body cream. So induldgent and rich. The smell alone is divine, if you love honey.

-NYX #thisiseverything Lip Oil. Looks and feels great and only lasts a nano second on the lips. Not a re-purchase.

-Flower Beauty Miracle Mat Lip in Soft Berry. Great formula but have found a better color from Revlon. I also tossed another Flower Beauty color that falls into the category of "what was I thinking?"

Enjoy your week!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Just stopping in to say hi!  Didn't use up anything this week but oh so close on a couple of things so hopefully will have something to post about next week.

Look forward to these posts every week to see what people are using and like or don't like.  I've learned so much!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple more beauty items used up this week:

Tatcha Pure camellia oil cleanser.  Replaced with the super-sized bottle in my stash. This is my daily cleanser. This should last a while before I need to replace it. No back up in my stash.

bdb Billion Dollar Brows pencil: Replaced with the last one in my stash. Picked up two of these on clearance at Marshall's in January-$3.00 each. I like the product, but wish it had lasted a bit  longer than 90 days.

Respected Contributor

Hi beauties.  Cold and raining in SW Pa.  I used up:

Philosophy vitamin C micro delivery peel.  4 oz supersize,  found this a few weeks back when reorganizing a bathroom vanity.  Can’t believe I forgot about the opened package.   I enjoy this product.  Polishing grains that you top with an activator lotion.  Feels great.  The second lotion warms the crystals.  I may repurchase if I see a good deal.  It’s pricey.  But I probably got at least 30 uses out of this.  The value wasn’t bad when you consider the applications for the size.  

Thats all friends.  Take care and stay safe.  

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

Hi beauties.  Cold and raining in SW Pa.  I used up:

Philosophy vitamin C micro delivery peel.  4 oz supersize,  found this a few weeks back when reorganizing a bathroom vanity.  Can’t believe I forgot about the opened package.   I enjoy this product.  Polishing grains that you top with an activator lotion.  Feels great.  The second lotion warms the crystals.  I may repurchase if I see a good deal.  It’s pricey.  But I probably got at least 30 uses out of this.  The value wasn’t bad when you consider the applications for the size.  

Thats all friends.  Take care and stay safe.  

@lynnie61 

Olay makes a 2 step vitamin c peel as well that is cheaper 

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties! 

I used up: BBW Santa's Blueberry Shortbread body spray 8oz- this was not my favorite scent and wouldn't repurchase it again. I have many other body sprays here to use up. Unless it's a known favorite I only purchase during the semi annual sales so I'm not out much if I don't care for a scent. 

Inspire body wash for men "Ultra Fresh" scent 18oz- this is a Dollar Tree brand and hubby used it up in the shower. I actually like them too because they just smell like deodorant soap, like Zest or Coast would. We replaced this with another scent called "Surge".

Bar of Softsoap with lavender 3.2oz- replaced with the same.

Kids used up a bottle of Yves Rocher shampoo that had been given to me by my sister. I found it to be drying for my hair so I gave it to them to finish. Replaced it with a Head and Shoulders knock off from Dollar Tree.

That's it for me this week, have a great weekend everyone!

Respected Contributor

Beekman 1802 Hand Cream in Apricot & Honey - full size.  Thank goodness I am done with this.  I bought a 2 pack of this stuff and this was the second tube. I do not like the smell of this at all and it is one of the most disappointing and overhyped hand creams.  This provided virtually no moisture whatsoever.  I would never buy this brand again.

@Lipstickdiva 

I have to agree with you about Beekman's hand cream.  It did nothing for me.  I threw away the first tube after trying it and gave away the second.  In fact I have been disappointed in many of their products.  The shampoo and conditioner dried out my hair and made it feel like straw.  Their cuticle cream is OK but I like Burt Bees better and it is cheaper.  I have never tried their soap but don't think I will based on my experiences with their other products.