Super Contributor

TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/13?

Happy Friday Beauties,

Hope you all had a good week and a happy and safe weekend. I did not use up anything this week. What did you use up?

Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/13?

i have been working so hard to try and use up 2 hair care products...

I had to be wasteful .... but I have been using them so long I am just

getting sick of looking at the containers !!!  The professional products

seem to last so long..... but I'll hang in there ... probably no more than

5 days left ...then on to something else ....and Yes I already bought

something ...!!

Esteemed Contributor

Slow week for me. 

I used up a 2.5 oz. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo.

That's it.

I hope everybody has a nice weekend!!

Image result for squirrel smelling flower

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

A fun Friday to All!

This week I used up:

NYX Proof It, love this stuff and replaced with the same!

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Serum, the weather has been so bad that I finally got through this! Used it for years but now have been using dry oils instead.

Lastly I tossed the last Philosophy body lotion I will ever use, Lemon Custard. A huge bottle that finally went bad. I kept buying it for that wonderful lemon scent that lasted exactly 2 seconds on my skin. And in all honesty, it wasn't very good at moisturizing either! Rest in peace, I won't get suckered again by Philosophy!

See you next week!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Friday, Beauties!

Used up this week:

Avon Skinvincible Day lotion SPF 50

Avon Rare Pearls deodorant.

Replaced deodorant from my stash: Avon Cool Confidence

Replaced day SPF lotion with Avon Youth Restoring lotion + Serum SPF 20.

Lighter for the coming warm weather months and more budget friendly. I buy several of the above items when they are on sale.

I did buy 2 really nice lipsticks at Marshall's: Ellen Tracy in Ruby Red (Love her colors for my skin tone!) and a Kat Von D. in Vampira. Both are much lighter and more wearable than they appear in the tube and total for both was $11.00, a splurge I can handle!

Respected Contributor

I used up:

A big tub of Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Hair Masque. I really like the scent and the feel of this product. But I probably won't repurchase, because I really don't have time for Hair Masques. I used it as hair masque a few times, but it was time consuming, so I used up the rest as conditioner.

A bottle of Schwarzkoff Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo. It is my new favorite drugstore shampoo.  I have more in my stash.

A sample size of Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum. I am not sure if this works or not, since the sample was kind of small to actually see results. But it feels nice.

Have a great Friday, Beauties!

Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon to the TGIG Gals,

I used up the following:

1. GWP size of Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Night Cream for face and neck. This is a nice enough night cream, but too highly fragranced in my opinion. I replaced with a night cream (GWP) from Lancome, Absolute for now.

2. LaBella Provencia Jasmine Lavender scented shower gel. 3.4oz size. I received this in a gift pack with other scents. I kept this one and the Orange scented one. This was ok, but not a repurchase. 

3.ELF eyelid primer in Pearl. This works quite well and for the price I felt it's a good choice for me right now. I replaced with the same.

That's it for this week. I hope you all enjoy your weekend. See You all next Friday~~~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Friday the 13th!

I used up a GWP jar of Lancôme Renergie Multi Action Day Cream with SPF 15. Replaced with same size jar.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

IT Secret Sauce. This just didn’t wow me. It’s pricey, and IMO it’s heavy. I replaced it with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost moisturizer, and this is a gel like formula, which will be great for summer. 

La Mer sample size moisturizer which I used as an eye cream. It was fine, but I would never purchase the full size. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used up a container of Cottonelle baby wipes. I buy them at Costco and use them as makeup wipes and personal care wipes. They aren't scented.

I tossed out my travel shampoos and conditioners before I came back from Australia. I planned it that way as I didn't want my 28" checked bag to weigh over the 50 lb limit as I had bought souvenirs, sunscreens, a bottle of wine, and a soft side insulated grocery tote bag and those went in my checked bag.

I went through 2 boxes of hair color in the past 3 weeks, I have to do a root touchup about every 10 days or so as my hair won't hold color at the roots.

I also used up a tube of Maybelline makeup primer, the regular one in the black and white tube. This is nice and I have a second tube already in use.

I gave my daughter a travel size Clinique sunscreen SPF 30 as I had bought enough Australian sunscreens that I figured she may want a travel size one to carry with her in her backpack.

Finally I tossed out a Marcelle tube of lotion. I think it went bad as the texture was runny. I'm not happy as this was part of a set that I bought post Christmas but I am not surprised that it was bad as the face wipes that were also part of the scent smelled off and that was a pack that I brought to Australia. I tossed out the rest of the wipes before I came home.

And lastly I also tossed out a couple of Burt's Bees lipsticks. The texture is grainy and doesn't go on smoothly. The color is great but it bugs me that it's not very smooth.