Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 3/8?

TGIF, @joseygirl  and Beauties!

I am doing a NO BUY for beauty products for lent.  I really don't need any more makeup, skincare or any bath and body products.  Hopefully that will help me use some more products up.

I only used up a mini size of Perlier Hand Cream in Carribean Vanilla Sandalwood this week.  I really like the scent. I am very picky with hand cream scents, but this one is very pleasant.  

Have a good weekend, Beauties!

Trusted Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 3/8?

TGIF to you too @momoftwo2007 and thank you for the start!  This week used up an Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lash. I loved this mascara!  Started out with a sample size and then purchased the full size.  In the meantime took advantage of a package of mascara from Lancome on HSN when Lancome was featured.  On to one of those and will use until finished.  Since you brought Lent into the picture - that will be my sacrifice.  Not much I know.  Hope all have lovely weekends.

Honored Contributor

I finally........used up that huge jar of First Aid Beauty cream that was a TS a couple years ago----it was the vanilla and it was an awful scent,  btw---but its gone. Just have 3 more of them to go, 2 unscented and am working on the rosemary and mint, which I love!!!

Respected Contributor

I only used up a Philosophy sample size of Cinnamon that I purchased at our local Belk store.  

Have a great weekend !!

Spring forward....uggggghhhhhhhh

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

3 things for me this week.

-Nars Everything Stick in the color Maui. Will have to replace at some point. The only cream products I use are from Nars or ELF. Great for travel too.

-NYX Proof It for mascara. The best waterproofing for mascara out there IMHO. Already replaced with same!

-No7 Melting Gel Cleanser, I bounce between this and Clinique Take the Day Off. Will buy again at some point!

That's it! Stay safe and moisturized if you are getting snow this weekend! A foot expected here! Lots of shoveling expected!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

TGIF!

What a great idea, no buy for Lent. 

I didn’t use up a thing! Some things are getting low but once they are gone, I will post.

I did get something this week — L’Oreal Pure Clay Mask Clarify & Smooth with Yuzu Lemon — it did exfoliate & my face felt smooth afterwards. I used it before I showered. It smells lemony & doesn’t tingle despite what an Ulta review stated. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I used up a tube of Pantene Age Defy conditioner and replaced it with a similar one from my beauty stash. I also used up a box of Revlon Colorsilk hair color in shade 41 medium brown.

I also decluttered scented powder highlighters by Essence and scented bronzers by L’Oreal. My goal is to make my color cosmetics fragrance free and you can’t always tell unless there is an open tester how a product smells to you.

Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a tube of Avon Anew Clinical eye cream.  Think it is discontinued.  It was okay, but would not repurchase even if I could, because I don't think it did anything special for the price.

-a bottle of Deep Steep coconut oil body wash.  This was okay.  Not a standout product, but I thought it was fine.

-a 2 oz bottle of Argan Magic argan oil.  This was also fine, but I am going to use my Marula oil now.

-a bottle of The Ordinary's salicylic acid (.5 oz).  I can buy a larger bottle of a stronger BHA product by CosRX, so I will try that instead.

-a bottle of OGX extra strength Tea Tree and Mint shampoo.  I like this stuff and have opened up another bottle.  Soothes the scalp and does not dry out my hair.

-samples of Bosley Revive Nourishing Shampoo and Revive Volumizing Conditioner.  I didn't realize this had menthol in it before I used it.  The cooling sensation lasted far longer than with my OGX shampoo, and I did not like that for the winter time.  I thought the conditioner was pretty nice when I felt my damp hair.  But when I woke up the next day, my hair was brittle and in knots.  No thank you.

-a sample of an Avon eye cream that is discontinued.  Glad to be done with it.

I tossed:

-a cherry Chapstick someone gave me for Christmas.  Am pretty sure it was giving me little blackheads around my lips, and the formula does not moisturize anyway.

-E.l.f. "Maximum Coverage Concealer"  LoL  Whoever named this stuff must be blind.  It has the coverage of a BB cream.

That is all for now.  I hope everyone is doing well!!

Image result for squirrel with flowers

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties! I used up:

Ulta hand sanitizer in Eucalyptus Mint 1oz- the scent on this was fine, it was just way too overpowering. I replaced it with a freebie from work that is unscented and I actually prefer that much more. No more strong scented hand sanitizers for me.

Travel size Olive Branch lotion 1oz that I got for free from a hotel we stayed at about 2 years ago- I had been saving this in my travel bag in case we traveled again but I decided to use it up before it went bad. I'm glad it's gone, I didn't care for the scent at all.

Tossed an EDM loose powder shadow that I didn't care for the color. It was a free gift when I purchased my foundation, so no loss. I got 6 colors for free and so far have tossed all but 2. I have to try the last 2 to see if I like those. 

That's it for me, have a great weekend everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning!  I didn't use up much, just a bottle of BBW lotion "In The Stars" and replaced with "Snow Flakes & Cashmere."   Honestly, the air is so dry this winter, no lotions seem to help much - and I'm carrying the humidifyer from room to room with me.

I bought a tube of Gold Bond Ultimate a few days ago -- finally! my hands are improving!  Also use it on my legs, feet and elbows.  Seems to be working, but it might be too soon to tell.  Has anyone else used this? 

Thanks for the cute spring-y squirrel, @mistriTsquirrel 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt