Respected Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 3/30?

Used:

Tween stick hair color stick - use for my part when I am in between hair color. Works good.  Has been a repurchase but think I will try the WOW powder next or something else. 

Bath n body hand soap - this was good.  It was my last one. Not a repurchase. Taking a break from BBW.   May replace with dr. Bronners from stash.

tossed:

IT illumination cc cream - this one was painful to toss but it was full of glitter and not pretty.  Couldn't make it work in other ways and it is probably now a bit old.  

Elf illuminating primer - glitter.  Will toss.  Was a full sized gift with purchase. 

2 Wet n wild silver lake limited edition 6 pan eyeshadow palettes - barely used.  I don't think these were good quality and not going to struggle through them when I have plenty of good shadows aging. 

Have a a nice weekend, Everyone. 

Respected Contributor

Just one thing for me this week:

SKINN Watermelon moisturizing mask 2oz- this made my face feel ice cold, which I REALLY didn't care for in the middle of winter, but that is when I wanted to use it because that is when I need the extra moisture most. Pus I can't tell where it really did any extra moisturizing. Not a repurchase for me.

That's it for me, see you next week!

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Used up a L'Oreal Hydrafresh Toner, opened a new one. Love that stuff, great price.

Pitched an ancient Atopalm facial cleanser that was too far from its 2008 expiration date to even test.

Chucked a full tube of Paula's Choice moisturizer I bought, sealed, from someone on eBay because it smelled just like a stable. I assume the shea butter had turned.

That's it for me. Thank goodness this isn't about food. Woman Embarassed

@noodleann  I am looking for a good toner. I might just have to give L'Oreal Hydrafresh Toner a try!  Thanks for sharing!

@momoftwo2007 Neutrogena also has one at the same price point--it's blue, where L'Oreal's is pink. I think the Neutrogena is just as good as a toner, problem is, I really hate the way it smells. It's not bad, I just don't like it. I love the Neutrogena foaming cleanser and the way it smells, so it's odd that their toner is now just a backstop in case I run out of Hydrafresh.

But re the Hydrafresh, I find it refreshing and it never, ever makes my skin feel taut. I don't think it contains alcohol. I use it after washing when sometimes my skin does feel tight, and it makes it feel great again, and it stays that way even after it's dried. HOWEVER, I use it specifically post-cleansing, never as a substitute for washing my face. I doubt it would be very good as a stand-in cleanser. I'm mentioning that JIC that's how you use toners b/c some people here use toning products like witch hazel as cleanser substitutes.

Thanks! @noodleann!

Respected Contributor

This week I used up a tub of the Murad collagen boost body cream. I love this stuff and my back up is on the way. That's it for me this week!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

32 oz. Philosophy Heaven on Earth Cherry Shower Gel- my DH used this up and really liked it. Replaced with Yves Rocher Pomegrante Shower Gel from stash.

2 oz. Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum-really liked this, replaced with Dennis Gross serum from stash.

Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pads- forgot how much I like these for my skin, replaced with same from stash.

Gave Away from stash:

32 oz. Philosophy  Unconditional Love Shower Gel

St. Ives Lavender and Camomile Shower Gel

Yves Rocher Fleur de Noel Shower Gel

Have a good weekend all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Saturday ladies.  I'm late posting and with little to post about.  This week I finished a 13.5 oz bottle of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which I really like as a toner, and replaced with same.  I also finished a 1.69 oz. size of Korres (lavendar sea salt scent) body butter.  I ordered a box of 10 assorted scents last holiday season to give as stocking stuffers, and I kept a few.  I've been using Korres for a few years, it's a good moisturizer, but I don't think it's as exceptional as proclaimed.  That's it for me this week.  I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  Wishing all a great Spring.       🌱🌷🌱

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't use up anything beautywise but since I've been spring cleaning I cleaned out the downstairs medicine cabinet and tossed out some of my husband's old bottles of skincare products and men's colognes. You know they haven't been used in ages when there is a layer of dust on the bottles and caps.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I threw out an Avon serum that didn't seem to be doing anything for my skin, and a Laura Geller CC cream foundation compact that my mother didn't like, and she gave it to me.  It doesn't do my skin any favors either, so I just tossed it.

Oh, and I used up a White Rain shampoo as hand soap.  It had a nice apple scent.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org